A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 300,907
Currently Running With Scissors:
539 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 148
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 205311 times)
Tags for this thread: alchemy , harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1030 on: February 01, 2013 06:57:30 PM »

Oh and that is one crazy button! Cheesy  Is it a pie?

It's just a glass button, but now that you mention it, it kinda does look like a pie!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ErinAquaheart
« Reply #1031 on: February 01, 2013 07:31:03 PM »

Sending out good vibes to all of you working on OWLs!!! Still not finished with mine...kinda wish I had done an OWL already so I could make this a NEWT...it's taking long enough. I've been working steadily on all my koi fish. I am over half way done with them. I have 14 left now. And then I start on the lotus blossoms. ONLY 10 of those Roll Eyes

Took some time to seek out a horcrux today. Very happy that I managed to find this one!
 Class/ Challenge: Horcrux Hunt: Harry
House: Slytherin
Project Name: HP Tattoo Design
Project Description: I wanted to try my hand at designing a tattoo. I don't think I would get this one...but its a good start. I decided to represent all of the people involved in making Harry into a horcrux. I imagined Lily protecting Harry and being wrapped into Voldemort. So here it is....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1032 on: February 01, 2013 07:33:06 PM »

Abbee, your quilt is really coming along!  Despite the differences in the shirts, it's really becoming a cohesive whole.  Congrats to you dear!

Now, I hope this isn't too forward, but may I offer a suggestion?  You've got such a neat layout going on, with the alternating 4-patch blocks, and the larger image blocks, except on the bottom row, where you have 3 large image blocks and only 1 4-patch block.  Do you have enough tie die pieces to make 1 more 4-patch?  If so, I would suggest taking one of your large image blocks off of the bottom row, replace it with a 4-patch, and then put that large block on the back of the quilt, giving the back a strong, but simple image.  

Adding some sort of simple block to a quilt backing has become more popular in recent years, and gives interest to an area that used to be boring and ignored.  Like bringing art and life to an otherwise empty room!  The woman behind the "Oh, Fransson!" blog does it quite a bit, and there are lots of examples on her website. Here's a fun one:  [urlModern Glam Garlands / Drip Mashup Quilt]http://www.ohfransson.com/oh_fransson/2013/01/modern-patchwork-glam-garlandsdrip-mashup-finally-finished.html[/url]

Feel free to ignore my comments.  I just thought the idea of adding a block to an otherwise empty block might appeal to your sense of art and balance.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013 07:35:04 PM by jennieingram » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1033 on: February 01, 2013 08:27:22 PM »

Abbee, you're moving right along! Slow down, I need to catch up!

NEWT progress:
Managed to finish cutting out all the strips for the perimeters of the interfaced blocks. Still have to cut bias strips for the binding as well as find a suitable backing. I'm going to go check out "Oh, Fransson" (why is that funny?) before I do and read about the mashup quilt. During this NEWT, I have learned two things so far:
1. Quilting is time-consuming.

2. Quilting is probably less time-consuming if you have actual quilting tools and not just a school ruler and scissors.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

« Reply #1034 on: February 01, 2013 10:08:07 PM »

During this NEWT, I have learned two things so far:
1. Quilting is time-consuming.

2. Quilting is probably less time-consuming if you have actual quilting tools and not just a school ruler and scissors.

2.5.  ...and you know how to sew!

Thanks for not judging me for the fact that I *may* have become life partners with this pile of fabric for my OWL!

I actually have limped ahead a little, but nothing  photo-worthy.

Tomorrow is another day, (and another fabric!).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
FreakieGeekie

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

« Reply #1035 on: February 01, 2013 11:13:34 PM »

Snape plushie still isn't happy but I've been cleaning instead of crafting.
But the Destash Dash makes me want to craft. I have LOTS of supplies that I've has for a while, some over a year.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #1036 on: February 02, 2013 05:49:43 AM »

OWL update (it's still Friday in my head, since I'm slow): I have nealy finished the first (short) edge.
I have not cried in fustration yet, but I reserve the right to do so. I hope I will have a nice warm snuggly blanket done just in time for summer Roll Eyes

it does look good though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Naantje
« Reply #1037 on: February 02, 2013 07:18:58 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: History of Magic
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Heartwarming Frozen French Onion Soup
Project Page Link (if available): http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=419864.msg4974833
Brief Description:
I was stumped on this class for a while, until I bought an oversized bag of onions. I set my cauldron bubbling and produced a nice batch of yummy French onion soup, to be eaten really hot in the current cold weather. You just need to warm up when you've been outside. Since we also need to stock our freezer (it was entirely empty because of the move!) I froze it into heart shaped single-serve portions so I can just get one out of the freezer and heat it up when I'm cold and hungry!
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

« Reply #1038 on: February 02, 2013 07:44:06 AM »

NEWT FINISHED!! WHOOOOT!  Just in time too, it's being given tomorrow!

NEWT Subject: Potions
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Hogwarts Castle Dollhouse and Harry Potter Friends
Project Page Link (if available): http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=419866.msg4974846#msg4974846
Brief Description: For my NEWT I decided to show my knowledge of potions on making a shrinking potion so grand that it would shrink the entire Hogwarts Castle and even some of the students and teachers!  I feel I succeeded although it was a lot of time I spent to perfect it.  As you can see He Who Should Not be Named as well as Professor Snape and a few others were not thrilled to be in the line up that got shrunk.  I may have to conquer my defense against the dark arts studies next.
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

« Reply #1039 on: February 02, 2013 07:58:23 AM »

HOLY HOGWARTS, BATMAN!!!

That is amazing and I haven't got the proper vocabulary to really say how amazing!
Look at Umbridge!
Dobby!
OH MY GOD, McGonagall!!!

I bow bow to your wizardry, Patty O', I bow and offer my allegience to you should you ever create a Crafty Collective to do your bidding.

In other news, I love the heart shaped French Onion Soup! I like to think that if things had gone according to plan at the ministry maybe Kreacher would have gotten to such levels back at Headquarters. What did you use to freeze them, I want that too!

Confession: I cannot look at the walking dead doll, it freaks me out so much I keep closing my good eye when I go back looking for something.  I'm seriously creeped out!! (It's like when someone makes a Doctor Who weeping angel and I'm like "OH MY GOD, WHAT ARE YOU THINKING!? Don't you know that that which holds the image of the angel BECOMES the angel! Are you trying to get us all sent back in TIME!? WHO DO YOU WORK FOR???")

Well, I'm about to go make second breakfast for my fabric pile- what a demanding thing that cotton is!

Have a great day, everyone!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013 08:11:56 AM by Ant Bee » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 148 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Insta Photographers - Are Apps Like Instagram Ruining Photography?
Insta Photographers
Inside Out Project: When Life Becomes Art
RAW File Basics
The Time of Day in Digital Photography
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...