A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,112
Currently Running With Scissors:
688 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 148
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 167771 times)
Tags for this thread: alchemy , harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

WhistleFish
« Reply #980 on: January 28, 2013 03:47:28 PM »

Thanks you for all the congrats!!! I'm VERY excited! And yes, there will probably be lots of crafting 'cause I want to do it on the super cheap. (I want to move back to the midwest by next year...)

@Melissaurus: What a great OWL! I vote for Pokemon zodiac. Haha. Good luck!

@TechnicolorAquahearts: Your crochet scarf looks perfect! Your earrings are very cute! (Although when I first read "fan art" I read it as "fart" and wondered briefly what fart earrings were. Hahaha.) Also, AWESOME owl painting! I love that!

@ErinAquaheart: Awesome crafting! I LOVE that bracelet and your painting is really good!

@pottermouth: What a neat square! That's a really interesting pattern. I spent a good two minutes just looking at it trying to figure it out. Also, I won't lie...a HP wedding DID cross my mind. I was actually thinking destination wedding at the theme park. Haha!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #981 on: January 28, 2013 03:58:10 PM »

Went to paint and noticed I've already got spiders helping decorate Snape's office, LOL!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ant Bee
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #982 on: January 28, 2013 04:51:26 PM »

Lookin' good, Slytherins!

Pottermouth, that square is beautiful!

I'm working on my WiP for detention.  It' taking forever as usual.  This is why I wind up starting new projects- I want to look at different yarns!

Hope everyone is having a great day!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
FreakieGeekie

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

« Reply #983 on: January 28, 2013 06:22:42 PM »

Instead of finishing Snape, I've started on a poppet for my sister.
I think I'm having trouble finishing him because he's for me. I always put things for me on hold to do stuff for other people.
Maybe I'll finish him tonight after work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

indigo_roses
« Reply #984 on: January 28, 2013 07:13:18 PM »

WhistleFish, congrats!!!

Techicolor, I adore that owl painting. People who can draw/paint amaze me. I'm definitely better in the 3-D side of things. Smiley

pottermouth, lovely explanation of the square!

patty - haha! the spider picked the right room!

Freakie - I completely understand. I'm the same way, which is why I've made it a goal to make at least 12 projects for myself this year. So far, I have 3/4 of one done, but I have completed multiple for other people. Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
FreakieGeekie

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

« Reply #985 on: January 28, 2013 10:53:59 PM »

Challenge: Horcrux Hunt - Nagini
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Seductive Snake Dress
Brief Description: The snake is associated with trickery, seduction, and sexuality in different cultures. That being said, I decided that a design for a sexy green dress was in order, green being the color of Nagini and a color that suits me. Maybe one day I'll try to actually make this dress.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013 10:57:03 PM by FreakieGeekie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

jenleahlynn
« Reply #986 on: January 29, 2013 06:19:01 AM »

~*OWL PROPOSAL HEADER*~
OWL Subject & Option(if available):herbology
House:gryffendor
Project Name:my grandmother in the garden portrait
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques used, materials using, plan of action, expected timeline, etc.)

i'm planning to do a  drawing of my grandmother with her flowers. I have a clear  memory from my childhood taking leaves from a violet and starting a shoot from it to grow another plant. i did not inherit her green thumb. My talent is in drawing. i recently got a set of derwent inktense pencils, similar to watercolor pencils, but the color is more vivid. i've been practicing with them, and i really like having the control of colored pencils, along with the smooth wash of watercolors.

i saw an advertisement for a local art show with a theme of women and revival. The idea of a grandmother sharing her love of gardening with her grandchild really appealed to me. The piece will be 10x13, and i'll need to do some sketches first to decide how best to lay it out. I also need more practice with this type of pencil.  My grandmother passed away this year at the age of 98, so this project is really special to me so i plan on putting a lot of time into it.

the deadline for the show is march 3, so that gives me just over a month. having a fixed deadline also helps me stay focused on it. i tend to procrastinate a bit. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenleahlynn

harry potter craft along- winter semester
2013-art journal along
journal prompt swap
shop the swap winter
breaking dawn swap
ongoing atc swap
ErinAquaheart
« Reply #987 on: January 29, 2013 08:13:12 AM »

I finished this hat for a Christmas present for MommaAquaheart and somehow forgot to turn it in!!!!  Embarrassed I can't forget to turn in homework...that's just bad  Sad

Anyway.....

Class: Herbology
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Mint Hat with Flower
Project Description: There is no better way to protect yourself from the wild and unpredictable nature of magical plants than with a crocheted hat that will help you blend in with the foliage.  So some mint green yarn and a little flower for color is quite useful. Well...at least you won't have any cranial attacks....

THIS ROCKS   Logged
pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

« Reply #988 on: January 29, 2013 08:38:25 AM »

Challenge: Horcrux Hunt/Salazar Slytherin's Locket
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Locket Square
Brief Description: This square pattern reminds me of a locket for some reason. Maybe because I imagine the four triangle puffs unfolding, revealing the secret inside. I also felt as if I would never conquer the puff stitch and the pattern and I got along as well as Harry and Draco.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #989 on: January 29, 2013 09:03:28 AM »

Man, I need to stop being so busy on the weekends, it's so hard to catch up with you all!!

jennie - sorry so late, but THANK YOU for the flannel response! I'll be sure to pre-wash my backing! Oh! And love the earrings!!

pinkleo - your OWL is looking lovely!!

patty_o_furniture - what a lovely commemoration of you mother!! I love the pic from her book, too. And too funny about the cobwebs - it's like they knew whose room it was!

FiberAlchemist - I'm so sorry about your OWL. I can only imagine having gotten so far into a project and have to start over! I hope you persevere!

FreakieGeekie - Love the Eeyore Hoop!

Maman - Lovely hat and ADORABLE booties! Congrats on WoTW!!! Smiley

WhistleFish - Loving your OWL, Awesome piggy bank, AND CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Great news!! Smiley Smiley

pottermouth - your patching on your punk quilt is going to look so great. I can't wait to see your progress. And your square for Hermione is ingenious. I might steal that idea of using her "infatuations." Very fitting with Valentines Day just around the corner...

Eiseldora - Lovely cowl!! Great colors and what a cute pic!

tiamatfire - the dolly diaper kit is just too cute!! What a great idea!!

Welcome, audio!! Can't wait to see your wizardy raccoon!!

Melissaurus - Love your style. The crow ATC is very cool. Your new OWL sounds really awesome, too. Can't wait for a visual.

CraftyLadyMJ - Awesome projects! Way to rack up some house points!

TechnicolorAquahear ts - Glad you are feeling better!! A great set of projects to get back into the creative spirit!

ErinAquaheart - cute banana! And LOVE the Mario Mushroom bracelet. We JUST beat Paper Mario in our house. We may or may not be Mario-obsessed...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 148 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
R. Kayeen Thomas Performs a Rap Song from the Novel Antebellum
R. Kayeen Thomas Reveals His Novel Antebellum
David Gelernter on Mirror Worlds: Space, Time, and the Internet
Actor John Challis Recounts Being Boycie at Althorp Literary Festival
John Lanchester Talks About His Novel "Capital" at Althorp
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...