A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 298,689
Currently Running With Scissors:
445 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 148
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 200293 times)
Tags for this thread: alchemy , harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Melissaurus
« Reply #970 on: January 27, 2013 10:40:07 PM »

I think it's time for a new OWL. I've been sitting on my NEWT, so I might have an idea by tomorrow, we'll see...

OWL Subject & Option: Divination, option 3 (craft the zodiac)
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: A Menagerie Fantastical Felted Friends
Brief Description:
For this OWL, I plan on creating the entire Chinese Zodiac using wool and needlefelting. I'm drawing from a few inspirations here, mainly this post (the colour! The shape!) as well as this one (Pokemon zodiac. Nothing more must be said). I don't have a lot of colour, so I'm planning on making them white, black and grey, using natural wool roving from a farm in our town. I don't know if they will be the actual animals, or if they'll be pokemon. Or a combination of the two. We shall see as the little buddies are created. All I know is that I hope to make twelve, if not more. They will be fairly small small enough to fit inside my palm, or comfortably in a child's hand. And I'm hoping to make them incredibly cute, so watch out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TechnicolorAquahearts

Proud Slytherin in the HP Summer Craftalong!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #971 on: January 27, 2013 10:47:29 PM »

Oh my gosh, I have been stuck in the hospital wing with a stubborn case of Strep and I haven't been able to keep up with everything! I have been lurking and seeing everyone's awesome assignments! There are so many I couldn't begin to comment on them all, but all of you are so talented! I am so lucky to have such inspiring classmates.

Audio - Yay! Another Slytherin! I absolutely love everything I have seen you post on craftster so I am really excited to see what you post in here Smiley

Finally I have been able to finish up some projects to post on here. It feels great to be creative again after being sick for what seemed like forever.

Class/Challenge/House Pride:House Pride
House:Slytherin
Project Name:Slytherin house scarf
Brief Description: This scarf is just a straight forward house color scarf in the first year style with tassels at each end. It is in green and silvery grey for Slytherin house. It normally takes me only a day or two to complete a scarf but this one took forever!

Project Picture:

Sorry about the extreme closeup, I wanted to post it but I couldn't find a great place to take a picture if it that wouldn't show my messy craft area so I opted for the closeup situation.

Class/Challenge/House Pride:Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans ear wax challenge
Project Name:Princess Bubblegum fan art earrings
Brief Description: These little dangle earrings are hand drawn and colored. They are made out of Shrinky Dink and feature one of my favorite cartoon characters: Princess Bubblegum from Adventure Time!

Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride:Flying
Project Name:Painting To Illustrate New Enchantment For Owls To Increase Visibility By Making Them Brightly Colored
Brief Description: This painting I made is to illustrate a new spell that makes owls very brightly colored so when flying with their wizard companions they may serve as a highly visible beacon and warn against crashing. Flying safety is always a boring subject for young witches and wizards so maybe having a spell that involves turning their owl outrageous colors will make them more interested in safe flying.

Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

etsy: www.lynnaquaheart.etsy.com
Like me on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/AquaheartStudios
Follow Me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/LynnAquaheart
I have a blog about all things creative! http://lynnaquaheart.blogspot.com
noodle-bug
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #972 on: January 28, 2013 04:10:48 AM »

Congratulations WhistlerFish!!! That's so exciting Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #973 on: January 28, 2013 06:20:33 AM »

And because I love you all and sometimes this board is like a second home, I can't help myself but to share some non-topic related awesome happy news: I just got engaged! (Happy early birthday/Valentine's Day to me! I couldn't be happier. Grin)

Congratulations WhistleFish!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #974 on: January 28, 2013 08:01:24 AM »

Yay, Whistlefish!! Congratulations! I see some Wedding crafting in your future!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
ErinAquaheart
« Reply #975 on: January 28, 2013 08:13:20 AM »

Audio----Welcome to Slytherin!!! Go to see a new and talented face in the Dungeon!

WhistleFish----Congratulations!!! what exciting news!!!

TechnicolorAquahearts----Cute! You know how much I would like to have an owl like that! But it probably would not be helpful when sneaking out for a midnight meetings  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ErinAquaheart
« Reply #976 on: January 28, 2013 08:36:23 AM »

Class: Hagrid's Detention
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Banana Mustache *not a real banana*
Project Description: Because of my procrastination I just let this really simple project sit unfinished for MONTHS!!! So awful. I was happy to be forced to take care of this WIP for Detention!  TechnicolorAquahearts and I have been working on Art Bananas for a while...an ongoing project, you know...and I thought it would be awesome to have a banana with a mustache on it. So I made a stencil and gessoed a base on my banana. And then nothing. I left it to dry and never came back to it. I finished it last night!

Class: Muggle Studies
Project Name: Mario Mushroom Bracelet
Project Description: You know how muggles spend so much time playing video games. Well, after trying my hand at a few myself, I decided that I really like those unmagical but impressive games as too! And my favorites? Anything that has the little Mario! And so I give you a mushroom bracelet filled with the one ups and powerups that any muggle gamer would love to have.

Class: Astronomy
Project Name: Canis Major in the Sky
Project Description: In honoring Sirius Black I decided to paint a little watercolor in his memory. In my painting I have a silhouette of Sirius in dog form and under the full moon. In the sky, its hard to see, I have the constellation of Canis Major in silvery stars! I think Sirius would be touched....  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ErinAquaheart
« Reply #977 on: January 28, 2013 08:41:44 AM »

Finally decided to get around to Horcrux Hunting!!!!
 So my first Horcrux found....

Class: Horcrux Hunting
Project Name: Riddle's Diary
Project Description: In my search I came across a sketchbook/journal with a blank cover...it needed an identifying mark...with a little effort a very dapper apple person appeared. This is Rhett Appler. Isn't he handsome?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
audio
Nobody could do that much dcoupage without calling on the powers of darkness.

Galactic Empress Audrey The Nerdy

« Reply #978 on: January 28, 2013 09:34:04 AM »

Thanks everyone Im so glad to be joining!

TechnicolorAquahearts - Oooo that Slytherin Scarf is amazing! And that owl is amazing. Id love to have it flying through my window!

ErinAquaheart - Thats a great painting!

Melissaurus - Ooo, LOVE those atcs! The comedian is my favorite!

CraftyLadyMJ - Youve been doing a lot of crafting! Cant wait to see the finished project!

WhistleFish - Those are great colors on the piggy bank. And congrats!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

« Reply #979 on: January 28, 2013 01:11:39 PM »

Congrats, WhistleFish!!! What exciting news! So, how is the HP themed wedding plans coming along?  Cheesy

jennie: can't wait to see the Potterwatch afghan; you're nearly there! (and I sympathize with the dryer thing. My washer decided to begin leaking. But only on certain cycles... Huh)

Melissaurus: love the crow atc!

Maman: thanks for the advice and congrats on WotW!

CraftyLady: moving right along on your beautiful OWL, aren't you? Very nice.

Tech.Aquahearts: great house scarf!

ErinAquaheart: love the Mario bracelet and your banana! My kids roared with laughter when they saw it.

And welcome audio!!!!

Challenge: Horcrux Hunt/Helga Hufflepuff's Cup
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Hermione's Amortentia
Brief Description: My SPEW contributions have been abysmal lately so I began making squares to donate and I thought incorporating Hermione's infatuations into a square would be fun. The dark green is for her love of freshly mown grass, the celery is for spearmint toothpaste, and the cream is for parchment.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 148 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Chicken Meal Recipes
How to Make a Pork Roast
How to Make Stuffed Pork Chops
How to Make Pork Chops
Pork Recipe Collection
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...