A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 300,928
Currently Running With Scissors:
535 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 148
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 205538 times)
Tags for this thread: alchemy , harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #960 on: January 27, 2013 03:49:06 PM »

:::pinkleo comes down with a cleaning bug and doesn't realize the day slipped away until Hamlet nudges her for dinner.  After feeding Frodo & Hamlet, pinkleo brews a mug of ginger tea and grabs some crackers to nibble on while she settles in to update student records and admire their lovely work:::

@pattyO: YUM! I will have to make these!  These are very similar to a recipe my Mom (and now me) make ...(note to self: make and share that recipe).  And you Lotion Bars sound divine, though I shall not dwell on the thought of the Troll Earwax within.  Again, must give these a go. Grin

@FreakieGeekie: Eeyore turned out fantastic!

@Maman: Adore your Bean Hat to pieces. (And Albus is adorable!)  Your Kappa Booties turned out fabulous!  Love the star buttons!  And welcome to the hunt; what a wondrous drawing!  CONGRATULATIONS WotW!

@WhistleFish: Shocked Your OWL is turning out AMAZING!

@Ant Bee: "leaving Procrastination Station and I'm off to Production Junction"  <---♥LOVE♥  Happy SPEW Sunday to you!  And what a lovely link; I am a P&P fanatic! Kiss for sharing!

@jennie: mmmmmm...Rum ....:::mini Butter Rum daydream::: Cool ...fab Muggle Studies piece! Grin  I adore your Acorn Earrings!

@Eiseldora: Your cowl looks so cozy!

@tia: soooooo adorable!!!

@audio: I thought I hear cheers from the Dungeon...Welcome to Hogwarts!

...now off to work on my SPEW Sunday project, a Project Linus blanket. Grin  Tomorrow I'll post pics of my recent work; I've got Earwax Bean (do not want to miss this!), Transfiguration, History of Magic, and Muggle Studies....ROAR GRYFFINDOR! Cool
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013 03:50:42 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #961 on: January 27, 2013 03:56:11 PM »

Just thought I'd let anyone who might be interested know that Michael's has the Vintaj BigKick Machine on clearance for $40, from $110+.  There were 2 of them in a bin at the very front of my store, with other random clearance items.  (A friend from work actually called to tip me off to the deal and I ran right over.)  

I've always wanted to try metal embossing, but there's no way I'd ever drop $100+ on a new tool if I had never tried it out before.  But I just couldn't pass up the deal, and am looking forward to the fact that I can write off the $40 purchase on my taxes this year, as an expense for my business.  Wink Now I just have to find a way to start collecting some of the embossing plates and blanks at a steal!  

In other news, it seems my dryer just broke.   Cry  DH is currently camped out on the kitchen floor taking it apart.  I was offering to help, but he sent me away.   Sad

And finally, I'm up to 60% complete on my Potterwatch Afghan!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013 03:59:41 PM by jennieingram » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
audio
Nobody could do that much dcoupage without calling on the powers of darkness.

Galactic Empress Audrey The Nerdy

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #962 on: January 27, 2013 04:33:58 PM »

OWL Subject & Option: Transfiguration: Option 3-Craft your Animagus
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Raccoon Plushie
Brief Description: Raccoons are my favorite animal and also my Animagus. I plan on sewing it with plush fabric with felt details and clothes/accessories (like slytherin robes, wizard cap, wand, glasses, etc). It should take about 3 weeks (If I'm lucky!).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Melissaurus
« Reply #963 on: January 27, 2013 06:48:00 PM »

So I finally sat down and finished a class project. I think I'm back on the crafting bandwagon, now that my swaps are all complete. And now that I have about a month to craft - oh, the magic of a deadline - it's power surpasses even the most powerful of wizarding charms sometimes...

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Transfiguration
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: My First set of ATCs - The Crow Party
Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=419627.0
Brief Description: So this is my first set of ATCs. The other day, out walking, I saw a bunch of crows dancing around a garbage pile. It got me thinking about what they would be like at parties...and these were born. They're my first ATCs ever, and I am pretty much in love with them. And then I saw a post on someone's pinterest (I think it was yours, oh lovely headmistress Pinkleo) that had a painting of a crow with wings on it's back - the artist was born! And things went from there...There's a few more in the post itself - let me know what you think!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #964 on: January 27, 2013 07:04:44 PM »

I love the one with the pointy at!!!

Well, thanks everybody. WotW! I didn't see that coming Cheesy

Eiseldora, the cowl is great. I like that yarn you choose.

Tia, the diapers are pretty. And it's something that keeps a 2 yr old busy, busy!

Jen, I'm sorry about your machine! Hope you get it back soon....

I bought more yarn today for the Merida wig. It's at tad smaller weight, but the right color. AND I started making my son a pair of crocheted boots with leather sole. I found no patterns so I'm kind of guessing there....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
indigo_roses
« Reply #965 on: January 27, 2013 07:19:33 PM »

Congrats Maman! I can't wait to see how your son's boots turn out. I'd like to do something similar for my aunt as a belated birthday (or just because?) present. She's created a hole in the back of one of her slippers, and it looks like the dog used it as a chew toy. Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
CraftyLadyMJ

A crafting I'll go...

View Profile
« Reply #966 on: January 27, 2013 07:34:00 PM »

Owl update: Im up to 40squares now and I have begun the joining process. In the pictures below are my squares and the two rows I have joined together. Im almost there, but I cant just do squares none stop. So here are a few things I have squeezed in between while working on my owl.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Bertie Bott's Beans/ Earwax
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Valentine Day Earwarmer
Project Page Link (if available):n/a
Brief Description: I know its still early for V-day, but it never hurts to wear a little red while working on classes/owls. Plus keeping your ears warm during this nasty cold season is important as well you know.  Wink

Class/Challenge/House Pride: The Horcrux Hunt/ Tom Riddles Diary
Project Name: PINK Diary
Brief Description: This is a duct tape, hand blinded diary. I was inspired to create my own journal for keeping track of all the classes, and challenges I want to do. Oh, and by the way Pink stands for: Paper, ink pen, notes, keeper.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Transfiguration
Project Name:  Some little Birdies Told Me
Brief Description:  I crocheted a bird bath bank with two little birds on top chatting away about their secret beneath them. The top lifts up and inside is an empty coffee can where you can sash away your savings. I tried something new with the birds. I used felt, wiggle eyes, pipe cleaners and crochet to create them. They turned out nicely.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: January Challenge: Detention with Hagrid
Project Name:  Tick-Tock Bank
Brief Description:  
I made this bank for my friend who is taking the 52week saving challenge with me. The theme is a clock because it takes time to save up for what you want. I was going to use numbers for the face of the clock but they didnt turn out nicely. I scraped them and used some of the foam stickers I got at the dollar store awhile ago.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Summer HPC 2013
No more cellphone headaches!
CraftyLadyMJ

A crafting I'll go...

View Profile
« Reply #967 on: January 27, 2013 08:27:44 PM »

Thanks everyone for the compliments. I have seen so many awesome projects on here and this craft along is really helping me stick to my new years goal to craft for 365days. Also I can see clearly in my magic box (computer) a quilt project in my future and maybe even a swap down the road somewhere. Well I'm off to craft some more, I'll be back soon.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Summer HPC 2013
No more cellphone headaches!
Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #968 on: January 27, 2013 08:35:11 PM »

Woah Crafty! that's quite the update! Yay for Hufflepuff!
The birds are so lovely Cheesy

Indigo, I'm writting my pattern as I go (so I can make the other shoes!) I won't mind sharing it, it'll be yours to up the size then Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
WhistleFish
« Reply #969 on: January 27, 2013 09:53:31 PM »

It's been a busy weekend! Time to catch up:

@pottermouth: Thank you! As for quilting help...I could do my best to try...I'm definitely still a beginner. We'll see how its looking once I start actually quilting.

@Ant Bee: Thank you! Yes, I was skeptical when we first painted the wall, but I wouldn't have it any other way now.

@jennieingram: Beautiful bracelet and earrings. I do hope you put an anti-cheating spell on the bracelet so no one at the gaming table could cheat. I know a couple wizards who dared to put that spell to the test...they were sorry. Hehe. And congrats on 60% done on your afghan!

@MamanTattoo:
That's so good! I haven't drawn in years as well. I wonder what it'd turn out like. And congrats on WotW!!! You definitely deserve it!

@Eiseldora: I love that yarn! Great job! (And it's so warm looking...)

@tiamatfire:
Oh, I adore those diapers! I can't wait until my Luna is old enough for dolls. (So I can buy them and play with them myself...)

@audio: Welcome!!! Slytherin is lucky to have you!

@pinkleo:
Thank you! I have a couple projects and a swap I'm also working on right now, but I still can't wait to finish the quilt. It's going to be the first piece in redecorating our room. I VERY pleased with it so far. Smiley

@Melissaurus:
Awesome ATC's! I've always wanted to make some but I get SUPER into things like that to the point where I make it not fun for myself. Haha. I'm sure someone knows what I mean. (Or everyone thinks I'm a bit crazy...I'm okay with that.)

@CraftyLadyMJ
: You've been a crocheting machine lately!!! What a clever birdy bath/container.

Class:
Divination
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Crocheted Can Cozy Piggy Bank
Brief Description: I was working on my Tasseography studies the other night and I was SUPER pleased to find a shape in the dredges that resembled a coin. I quickly looked up what it meant and...."a lump sum of money is coming your way". Well, hey! I can't argue with the precise art of Tasseography Wink so I decided to dress up an old coffee can, prettied it up with some crochet, and cut a slot into the top to make it a bank to keep all the money that's coming my way! Wink
Project Picture:

And because I love you all and sometimes this board is like a second home, I can't help myself but to share some non-topic related awesome happy news: I just got engaged! (Happy early birthday/Valentine's Day to me! I couldn't be happier. Grin)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 148 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Christmas Tree Ornament
How to Make a Craft Stick Snowman
How to Make a Decorated Paper Christmas Tree
How to Make Polymer Clay Christmas Tree Ornaments
How to Make a Rudolph Hand Puppet
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...