A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 300,946
Currently Running With Scissors:
394 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 148
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 205671 times)
Tags for this thread: alchemy , harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Naantje
« Reply #910 on: January 24, 2013 12:17:36 AM »

I've participated in HPA actions before and receive their news letter. I'm always really proud to see what this shared fandom is enabling people to do. I have signed this petition as I have the others, and shared it on facebook and pinned it on pinterest.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
WhistleFish
« Reply #911 on: January 24, 2013 03:49:09 AM »

I'm falling behind! Here, lemme catch up:

@FreakieGeekie:
Eeyore is looking SO good. Now that you've got a bit colored in I can imagine the whole thing being colored in and it's awesome!

@MamanTattoo:
The hair process is neat! I didn't really know how you would do that, but I get it now. I like how you're doing the different sizes.

@FiberAlchemist: That is the perfect "fire and ice" project. I bet it was yummy.

@jennieingram: Your job sounds awesome! What a fun teacher you are! As for your soapbox speech -- I've never heard of the HPA and now I'm QUITE intrigued. I want to get involved. I did sign the petition AND posted a link to it on my facebook. I've got a couple HP fans on there from high school who I know would love to sign:)

@CraftyLadyMJ: That hat is adorable!

@sakuracat23: Ooooo! I love this already! I can't wait for the finished project, it's so pretty already!

@Eiseldora: Lovely potholder! I forgot about shrinky dinks. I wonder how I'd feel about them nowadays. You seem to have done well with them. Smiley

@Ant Bee: Your trip sounds awesome!!!! *Sigh*...one day I'll get to go. Now I know to bring a ton of money for souvenirs.

@noodle-bug: Absolutely CUTE llama/dog. Smiley

I've got a project to turn in, I swear. But for now....I gotta get back to bed. I WILL have an OWL update for Friday though. Thank goodness!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #912 on: January 24, 2013 07:33:00 AM »

Well I'm glad to hear I didn't alienate everyone.  Smiley  Thank you all who signed! (and all those who will when they next read the thread.)  I think my favorite part of their new campaign is the video I posted from Lauren Fairweather.  She loves and adores chocolate, but hates how it's produced, so she tried to stop eating anything that wasn't Fair Trade.  And she failed.  And she felt guilty.  And the she realized she didn't have to be perfect about her chocolate indulgences, she just had to do what she *could* to help, whenever she could.  I like her description of an "imperfect activist".   

Also, thought I should mention that the HPA actually sells Fair Trade Chocolate Frogs in order to raise money for their charity.  As well as other fun things like Wizard Wrock CDs, Potter Puppet Pals tee shirts, buttons, etcs.  The frogs are 3 for $10.  And considering Warner Brothers charges about $9 for 2 of their not fancy packaged, NOT Fair Trade frogs in bookstores and coffee shops, it's kind of a better deal to buy from the HPA.  (Actually, the super fancy packaged ones available from the Universal Orlando Website are 4 for $50! No, that's not a typo. 4 for $50! Yikes!)

And so, as promised, here's a new CFC for those of you who took a moment to help!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #913 on: January 24, 2013 08:00:36 AM »

::Looks sadly at her candy souvenirs, packs up her scrolls and heads down to her room.::
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
tiamatfire
« Reply #914 on: January 24, 2013 08:19:48 AM »

I watched a CBC documentary about chocolate about a year ago and decided to try and buy more fair-trade chocolate.  Thankfully Cadbury produces both delicious and fair trade chocolate now, although we can't really budget in chocolate very often!  I'll definitely check out HPA further as well - our only charity at the moment is MSF because again our budget is really tight, but maybe I can find a chapter I can volunteer or craft for!

I finally have something else to add as well.

Challenge: Earwax beans
House: Gryffindor
Name: Jingle cuff

I was inspired to make my daughter a new toy when I saw this challenge!  It's just some jingle bells sewed to a sort of scrunchie-style cuff I made.  The bells are left over from a bag of them I bought to make a little wreath for our gate before Christmas.

She more wants to chew on the bells when she's holding it, but she loves to hear the sound when I shake it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do love knitting patterns!" - Albus Dumbledore

Harry Potter Craftalong: Spring Semester!
AugustBell

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #915 on: January 24, 2013 08:58:26 AM »

I've never heard of the HPA before, that's awesome! I'll have to wait until I get home to sign and share on Facebook, it's blocked at work.  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PenguinSoup
Tutorial Contributor

Reject only your ignorance, and you may survive.

« Reply #916 on: January 24, 2013 09:01:08 AM »

But they don't ship the delicious fair trade chocolate frogs to Canada. Why are Canadians always left out of the good stuff Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #917 on: January 24, 2013 09:33:46 AM »

Jennie, thanks so much for sharing that. I'm doing the HP studio tour in a coupel of weeks (excited much!) and it's good to know stuff like that so I can make informed purchasing choices. I've never heard of them but they sound like absolutley the sort fo thing I love to get involved with so I'm definitly going to do some more background reading.
Pentition signed, and shared on facebook. I'm also going to write a longer blog post once I've done a bit of research
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #918 on: January 24, 2013 09:55:48 AM »

::Looks sadly at her candy souvenirs, packs up her scrolls and heads down to her room.::

NOOOOO!  Ant Bee!  Don't be sad!  That post wasn't to knock you at all my dear.  I am glad you went and hope you had an awesome time.  Don't regret a moment, and don't feel guilty.  I was going to do a post for the HPA anyways.  Yours just became a way to segue.   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
AugustBell

« Reply #919 on: January 24, 2013 05:44:05 PM »

I signed the HPA and pinned it to my Harry Potter board on Pinterest. I clicked the FB button but it was wanting me to do one of those apps to share it, and I hate adding apps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 148 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Golden Rules for Successful Collaborations, from Star Hotel Designers
VF NEWS: Bergdorf Goodman Holiday Windows & UNICEF Snowflake Lighting 2014
Designing a Brand That Even Non-Designers Can Work With
Testing Geo Restrictions
Bars2.Mp4
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...