A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,600
Currently Running With Scissors:
697 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 148
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 179772 times)
Tags for this thread: alchemy , harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

noodle-bug
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #850 on: January 20, 2013 06:15:37 AM »

Class: transfiguration
House: Ravenclaw
Project; Freeing Auntie Alice's Birds

As soon as I saw the Transfiguration assignment I knew what I wanted to do, it's a project I've wanted to do for awhile.
Nearly a year ago, my Great Auntie Alice passed away, and my Grandma (her sister) had died a few months before. I was pretty close to both of them, they taught me to cross stitch when I was little which is how I originally got into crafting.
Anyway, clearing out Auntie Alice's flat there were a LOT of cross stitch and tapestry pictures. A LOT. Most people went home with one or two (you have to appreciate how big my family is to understand how many pictures that equates to)  but there were a couple that no one wanted - including one that my grandma had made for Alice - and I couldn't bear the idea of them being left or going to a second hand shop or something, so I took them. But they were kinda... fusty, and didn't really go with my home decor. So I decided to re-frame them, try to give them a new lease of life.

The nearest frame is one I found in a stationary store and re-painted. The other two are made from some scrap wood I got at work (our head of stage cut it for me too, since I'm not insured to use the shop) and then painted too since the ends of wood weren't too pretty. I'm not too great at carpentry but I think they came out ok, and I'm really pleased to be able to finally put them up. I think Auntie Alice would like to know they are back in action.
Thank headmistress for giving me the impetus to finally get this done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #851 on: January 20, 2013 06:24:51 AM »

::taps throat with wand and whispers Sonorous::
Announcement from the Deputy Headmistress...

Your brilliant Headmistresses have devised an epic new *series* of Mini-Challenges for you!

"You want to be careful with these. When they say every flavor, they mean every flavor - you know you get all the ordinary ones like chocolate and peppermint and marmalade, but then you can get spinach and liver and tripe. George reckons he had a bogey-flavored one once." - Ron Weasley

Its no secret that Hogwarts students love sweets.  And teachers, Headmasters & Headmistresses have been known to enjoy their share of treats too.  Every two weeks we will pull a new bean out of the bag.  Each bean will be the inspiration for a mini-challenge.  Students may complete and post a craft based on that theme to earn extra House Points, and a Badge for that challenge.  Once a new challenge is posted, the old one is gone and cannot be entered.  As with all things in the HPC, you are welcome to do any, all, or none of these challenges.  They are just a way to inspire your own magical crafting adventures.

What's this week's bean!?!?  Take the Portkey to the Deputy Headmistresses Office to find out!  And while you're there be sure to check out the inspiration projects from all around Craftster.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

I will be out of town at a family funeral 7/13-7/16 and may not answer PMs.
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #852 on: January 20, 2013 07:34:07 AM »

ahhhh you guys, that is awesome
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #853 on: January 20, 2013 07:43:25 AM »

Thanks noodle-bug!

And thank you to everyone for the kinds words about my stitch markers.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #854 on: January 20, 2013 07:55:09 AM »

I'm with you, Nantje! Here we're almost done unpackage. I say we, but really I did all the unpacking! ahah (I did no box moving or cleaning thought, the guys wouldn't let me. Apparently I'm "too much" pregnant!) I only have the bathroom, and of course my crafting supplies left. Good thing is the living room is big enough for my to have a table to set up my sewing machines. But I need to find that table first!!!

OWL W.I.P: Sorry no pictures, but I'm halfway done with Merida's wig cap. Yay!

I'm exited for the new challenge and I'm trying to come with the Horcrux I want to hunt! I have a thing in mind that fits, but it's a big project for someone here *cough cough*

Happy to be back here and being able to "borrow" someone's connection until we have our own! ahah
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #855 on: January 20, 2013 08:39:44 AM »

YAY!  The Bean Challenges are here!!!!! Grin

~It's SPEW Sunday!*~  Time to show off your SPEW aka Charity Work, post charity needs, or cheer on SPEW acts.  For those who adore House Points, SPEW projects earn 10 bonus points if a class/challenge or 10 points just standalone SPEW projects.  For Badge Collectors, there are some tasty treats Cool for you when you turn-in a SPEW project.

Also to OAHPTers...OAHPTs are definitely OWL/NEWT worthy.  If you join the OAHPT swap, then you may submit a proposal that has the Brief Description of OAHPT; this way all surprises are maintained.  You will have to do this during the beginning of the OAHPT (not at sendout time).  You will also have to post your pics in the HPC to earn credit.  And yes, some OAHPTs will not be delivered until the Spring Semester, but remember, OWLs & NEWTs can carry over to the next semester.

....I'll be updating points & projects later.  First, I must finish my SPEW project.  Wishing everyone a wondrous day! Grin
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013 08:42:03 AM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

FiberAlchemist

Wit Beyond Measure

View Profile WWW
« Reply #856 on: January 20, 2013 11:09:06 AM »

All of my notifications for this board ended were being delivered to my spam folder (gmail has been notified that craftster is NOT spam) and I was about 10 pages behind.  Everything looks great and I'm excited about the new challenges!

I'm hoping to get a class or two done this weekend.  I think I may have been struck with an anti-inspiration/anti-motivation spell and I haven't been working on much of anything except my OWL.  The OWL is coming along, I think I'm about half finished.  I was hoping to be farther along at this point but having to go to the Ministry everyday for a week for jury duty put a kink into my crafting schedule.

Now off to update some pages, and craft some more!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #857 on: January 20, 2013 12:10:53 PM »

HPC Problem #7: When you have new crafts made up, but you've done so many HPC projects that you don't have any Subjects left for them to fit in. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FreakieGeekie

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #858 on: January 20, 2013 12:53:42 PM »

Challenge: Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Bean Mini-Challenge - Ear Wax
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Lucky Lady Earrings
Brief Description: I always have bad luck so I decided to craft myself a pair of dice earrings and put a Luck Charm on them. Hopefully my bad luck will turn around!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013 01:04:09 PM by FreakieGeekie - Reason: added photo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #859 on: January 20, 2013 03:24:25 PM »

Class: Astronomy
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Woman's Best Friend Charm Bracelet
Brief Description: Did you know that the star we see in the sky, known as Sirius, is actually a pair of stars?  The binary star system is made up of Sirius A and Sirius B, and together they are part of the constellation Canis Major.  This idea of two separate objects being part of the same whole, reminded me of a friend and her two beloved dogs, Fiona & Kaedo.  Together they form a whole and loving family, just as all the stars together form a constellation.  This charm bracelet represents their family.  It is made up of pewter & Tibetan silver charms, and features glass, Czech glass, and stone beads in shades of pink, black, smokey grey, and clear.   
Project Picture:

NEWT Update

I have now completed the first 22 rounds on my afghan!  Which sounds like a whole heck of a lot, but according to my calculations, I'm only about 35% of the way done.  Managed to do about 10% while spending yesterday curled up watching Doctor Who with a friend.  I'm guessing that's the last large chunk of time I will be able to spend on it for a while.  I'll probably just get small bits in here and there over the next few weeks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 148 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use Custom Shapes Part 1/2 - Apple Color
How to Use Custom Shapes Part 2/2 - Apple Color
How to Build Custom Color Looks - Apple Color
How to Use Final Cut Pro Part 1/4
How to Make a Particle Explosion Part 1/2 - Houdini Particles
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...