A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 302,544
Currently Running With Scissors:
529 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 148
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 179294 times)
Tags for this thread: alchemy , harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #830 on: January 18, 2013 02:10:48 PM »

Oh my, I hadn't realised we could run a NEWT and OWL at the same time!!!!  (Fabulous job btw pinkleo, jennie, and everyone else!).  Although it's already started, I have a sweater I've been working on since December (with a long break for Christmas) that would qualify!  I understand if I can't use it as an OWL since it's already started, but it will fall within the guidelines if so Smiley

OWL Proposal:

Class: Transfiguration, option 1: turning a large amount of supply into one craft.
Name: Framboise sweater

My friend gave me some Cascade Eco + for Christmas early in November when we went out to visit her.  I've actually been swatching it and false-started some projects since then, but I finally decided to knit the I heart aran sweater since shawl collars look really good on me.  I've had to do some adjustments, as Cascade Eco + is more like a light bulky than a worsted-to-aran weight yarn and I'm knitting it in the round (why seam when you don't have to?) but it's going well so far!  It should take me just over 3 weeks to finish the sweater, though lots more if you count all those darn gauge swatches and false starts!  I'm crossing all my cables without a cable needle, as it's a lot faster and then there's one less thing for the baby to grab.
Yep! But 1 OWL & 1 NEWT is the max. Grin  And I'm allowing WIPs where the remaining crafting for OWL/NEWT fit the guidelines for crafting time requirements.  (I would love to help and encourage HPCers to tackle those WIPs!)  Kiss Thank you for including a Pre-OWL progress pic.

...so ~*OWL Approved*~  Just remember that your to now crafting must fit the OWL timeline (so earliest turn-in would be Feb. 8...if you finish early, you can whip up quick items to fill in time....I'm doing squares if I finish early....I have a square addition)  Sending blessing of luck in your sweater spellwork.

Modified my Owl Proposal. I didn't notice the care of magic creatures option since the shawl really does make me think of trees and dragon scales. This is perfect.
Norberta....LOVE!  ~*OWL Approved*~ Kiss  I'll go update. Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #831 on: January 18, 2013 02:13:46 PM »

patty_o: Yay, peggies! They look perfect and when you are all finished I am coming over to play.
pinkleo: Wowzers! That's a lot of hooking you have been doing! Beautiful.
Abbee: you are way ahead of me! Which interfacing did you go with?
tiamatfire: so pretty. Love Cascade Eco, too.
PenguinSoup: I say extra points to you for actually swatching and blocking! Can't wait to see progress pics.

NEWT Progress: zilch. Joann's is having Teacher Appreciation Days beginning tomorrow so I decided to wait to purchase interfacing, thread, batting, and fabric in order to get 25% off everything. Plus, we have been up to our necks in schoolbooks in preparation for some exams so not too much extra time lately.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #832 on: January 18, 2013 02:18:10 PM »

PenguinSoup: I say extra points to you for actually swatching and blocking! Can't wait to see progress pics.

NEWT Progress: zilch. Joann's is having Teacher Appreciation Days beginning tomorrow so I decided to wait to purchase interfacing, thread, batting, and fabric in order to get 25% off everything. Plus, we have been up to our necks in schoolbooks in preparation for some exams so not too much extra time lately.
YES PenguinSoup!  Way to go on swatching!

And don't fret upon your NEWT pottermouth...my NEWT was at zilch last Friday.  Enjoy your shopping day!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FreakieGeekie

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #833 on: January 18, 2013 02:25:05 PM »

@pinkleo: Nargles you say? Could you recommend a repellant?
I think they like playing games with me. I bought a measuring tape today and went to put it in my craft desk. Guess what I found in the drawer? The pink measuring tape that I had previously thought lost. I don't know how it got there because I KNOW it wasn't there before.
Or maybe I'm just getting senile at a young age...

I have my Flying homework finished but since it's for my swap partner, I won't be posting it up any time soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eiseldora
« Reply #834 on: January 18, 2013 02:36:40 PM »

OWL Update

Well my Owl was put on hold for a long time because my machine broke.

I was able to unripp all the seams, pin on a new back, and sew 3/4 of the edge seam while it was inside out. I need to finish up the bottom edge, turn it, and then sew the batting in place.

My machine broke which stopped me from progressing, but My mother and mother in law split the cost to buy me a new sewing machine. Its fancier than the one I had, but was recommended by a friend of my mom who is in a quilting circle. I just need to get the machine out of the box, and the WIP out from under my cat (she has taken to sleeping on it even though its full of pins)

I have my fingers crossed I can finish it this weekend

On another note I"ve been working on Swaps and should mail those out by the end of the month. I'll post them once they've been received.

I'm excited about an upcoming project. As part of the Ravelry Harry Potter Craftalong I'll be knitting my first piece of clothing. A dress for my niece. She'll be 2 in March, and I hope to give it to her as a Birthday present. This is my first attempt at making clothing, so I hope I don't screw it up Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
WhistleFish
« Reply #835 on: January 18, 2013 05:37:45 PM »

@PenguinSoup: I have a feeling your shawl is going to be awesome! Can't wait to see pictures!

@jennieingram: The adult ramen looks delicious! I might wanna get some Chinese for take out tomorrow night! (We always get take out on Sat. nights.) And your afghan is coming along already!!

@patty_o_furniture: Awesome! You can really tell you've been putting the work in. Wonderful detailing!

@pinkleo: I love the close up. That yarn is always so cozy!

@Abbeeroad: Ooooomygoodness. I can't imagine the finished project in my mind and I love it.

@indigo_roses: Yay for more squares! I've been working on my granny square blanket all this week. Maybe I'll finish it sometime this year. Lol.

@tiamatfire: Love the sweater already!

OWL UPDATE: Sadly, no update on my OWL for this Friday. I've spent most of my week watching Downton Abbey and working on a granny square blanket that's long been a WIP. I plan on getting much quilting done this weekend as it's a 3-day weekend for me! Thanks MLK. Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #836 on: January 18, 2013 06:37:38 PM »

Class: Herbology
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Expecto Patronum Stitch Markers
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: The idea of crafting something that could be used as protection has been ticking away in my brain over the last few weeks.  I finally figured out what I wanted to do with it when the lovely AugustBell and I agreed to do a small personal swap.  When I created some stitch markers for her, I included a few Patronus ones.  After that I decided to go back to the idea and create a whole set.  I give you my Expecto Patronum Stitch Markers!  Left to right, top to bottom they include: a stag for Harry, horse for Ginny, wolf for Tonks, hare for Luna, doe for Snape, otter for Hermoine, cat for Prof. McGonagall, and a phoenix for Dumbledore.
Project Picture: 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

It does not due to dwell on lists and forget to craft.
AugustBell
« Reply #837 on: January 18, 2013 06:41:20 PM »

More stitch markers!!! Oh my I absolutely love them! I am really loving the otter and rabbit. So great!

@patty_o: I love your peg people!! I cannot wait to see more!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #838 on: January 18, 2013 07:58:48 PM »

Expecto Patronum Stitch Markers...LOVE!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

krashromance
« Reply #839 on: January 18, 2013 09:29:34 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: History of Magic
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name:  Fire and Ice Beanie
Brief Description: A crochet beanie with Fire and Ice Stripes for the Husband.  It keeps your head warm without burning up!  Perfect for those windy days of Quiddich.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 148 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Fold a Paper Football
Christmas Origami - Folding a Dove
How to Fold an Origami Turkey
How to Fold an Origami Paper Tank
How to Fold an Origami Paper Spaceship
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...