A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,200
Currently Running With Scissors:
705 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 148
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 186176 times)
Tags for this thread: alchemy , harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #820 on: January 18, 2013 09:27:56 AM »

NEWT progress

Been working on pegs the whole week, and I wouldn't be surprised if I've spent more than an hour on each.  I finished Sirius today and looked at the clock and noticed I'd been working on his hair alone for 20 minutes!  I said out loud, "are you crazy!?!"  LOL.  Too much of a perfectionist I guess. I've been listening to books on CD so the time goes faster I think. 
This castle is supposed to be a birthday gift for my 8 year old and me and DH actually had a conversation that we can see her saying "This is great!  ..... Can I paint it myself?"  oooh, I'd be so mad! haha!  I'm thinking I better make sure I have extra pegs so she can paint some herself.

Anyway, here's a few!  Hopefully they look like who they are supposed to look like.  Sirius, Tonks, Mad Eye.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #821 on: January 18, 2013 09:51:35 AM »

~*My OWL & NEWT Progress*~

~*My NEWT*~
11 squares out of 35 squares done. (each square=9")

~*My OWL*~
YAY OWL/NEWT-along!  17 rounds done

close-up of colors

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

« Reply #822 on: January 18, 2013 10:07:27 AM »

Yay for Advanced Studies Fridays! This Friday snuck up on me! I must be busy at work or something...

I love seeing everyone's in progress pics!

And thanks for the reminder, Jennie! I like a little bit of pressure, but most of all, the HPC is just a fun source of inspiration. And I WILL get those Horcruxes!! Wink

NEWT Progress:

Here's my larger stack of ironed squares:

And the start of my journey in interfacing:

I'm not being very efficient with placing. I've already run out of interfacing! I'm going to sew together what I have and see how it looks before I get some more.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
indigo_roses
« Reply #823 on: January 18, 2013 10:30:23 AM »

*OWL Proposal*

OWL Subject & Option(if available): History of Magic, option 3
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Squares for PRR
Brief Description: I've been inspired by the lovely pinkleo to make some squares to donate to the Pine Ridge Reservation. I've already made 14 squares in the past couple of days, so I've decided to turn this project into an OWL! My goal is to fill up a fairly large box that I found. I'm estimating that I can fit 100 squares in it. This may be a bit ambitious, but we'll see. I also want to only use stash yarn, but if I run out of appropriate yarn I'll supplement it with yarn finds from the local thrift stores (hopefully).

I have a NEWT in mind that I want to do (my first sweater!), but I'm waiting to propose it until I can start it. I need to get a few WIPs out of the way first!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013 10:32:28 AM by indigo_roses » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #824 on: January 18, 2013 11:00:53 AM »

First, sending hugs, protection spells, and blessings of luck to those moving.

@Maman: Lovely Embroidery Spellwork.  I LOVE the game you created!!!  The handdrawn cards are fantastic!  Oh, I would adore to see a deluxe version (I'm thinking perfect for Advanced Studies Cool).  And yes, I now want a pair of Owl Socks!

@SiakelA: Kiss for recipe link and mmmm...cookies!

@WhistleFish: ~*OWL Approved*~ What a wondrous History of Magic selection.  Quilting is truly magical!  I adore the colors.  Sending you dried lavender & valerian for peaceful sleep (a sparse sprinkle in your batting should do the trick) and blessings of luck.

@AugustBell: I know I sent an owl, but THANK YOU again & again for my cozy! Kiss  I've used it every day since receiving it.  And I must say I'm completing honored to be your Ancient Runes Project.

@PenguinSoup: ~*NEWT Updated*~  This sweater is equally as gorgeous!  And your class sounds amazing!  And ~*OWL Pending*~  You shall be within the OWL timeframe for crafting so all is well there.  But Alchemy Option 2 is for a project the represents all 4 elements (earth , fire, water, and air).  Other suggestions of OWL Subjects....Care of Magical Creatures, Option 2 craft something inspired by dragons.  Perhaps the color of dragon scales or shawl to represent dragon wing/wings.  Or Herbology, creating something inspired by one or more plants that could be found in a wizard’s or witches’ garden, since earth colored perhaps. Or maybe still Alchemy if reworded....Shawl represents all 4 elements...light as air, color of earth, can ripple or be as still as water, and edges like flames of fire (description is everything)....So project FAB and OWL-worthy but subject need tweaking. Smiley

@noodle-bug: Soar Ravenclaw! And Huzzah Quidditch!

@tia: So Adorable!!!!

Everyone's projects are so awesome!
Since I can't find my measuring tape, I'll buy a new one when I go shopping tomorrow. I'm just glad they're relatively cheap!

I can't even tell you how many measuring tapes I've lost. I need to buy them in bulk  Roll Eyes
I suspect nargles!   ...not only does this happen to my tape measures, but also my scissors (especially my lefty & small embroidery ones) Tongue

@Ant Bee: I adore you so!!!  HAVE FUN!!  Can't wait to hear your adventures because it will get me pumped for my trip in March!

Your mischief-loving Headmistresses have a new challenge brewing....  Be on the lookout for more information....   Wink
:::tee,hee::: So excited!  And Kiss for HPC "Have Fun!" reminder.  Will search and send more inspirations this weekend. Cool Viva la HPC!!!

@jennie: YUM!  I can definitely whip this up with my rice noodles.  And adore the description (and pun...I'm a sucker for puns Grin).  And your NEWT is coming along fabulously!

@pattyO: Adore your progress pic...LOVE Tonks!!!!

@Abbee: WOWZERS!  Now that is a lot of squares!

@indigo_roses: ~*OWL Approved*~  HUGS!  SO happy you are doing this OWL! Grin Sending you blessings of joy and luck!  Remember to do wrist stretches...I say this because I got Wrist Tendonitis from crocheting so much. Tongue
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013 11:10:06 AM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #825 on: January 18, 2013 11:06:16 AM »

~*HEADMISTRESS REMINDER*~

Holiday Recipe Challenge is CLOSED!

But never fear, an epic new challenge is coming soon! Cool
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013 11:08:39 AM by pinkleo - Reason: grabs another box of Bertie Botts, carfefully looks for green apple...alas grass » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Foxy Sam
« Reply #826 on: January 18, 2013 11:35:48 AM »

I have missed so much being back into busy work life...ugh...so gets in the way of the fun things sometimes I find...hehehe...

Love the peg people, great painting! 

Pinkleo love the blue squares and the ever expanding circle is awesome, it is amazing that you manage to keep it flat, i always find the bigger the circles get the harder it is not to get it wiggly wobbly around the edges, too many stitches in mine I think, sorry rambling....awesome though, yours is awesome.

Awesome things all round...working on more projects this weekend
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HP Craftalong!
http://pinterest.com/foxysam/
You can check out some of my crochet projects on ravelry if you like:
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/FoxySam
Am interested in personal swaps...pm me
I now have a blog please feel free to visit and see my creations:
http://samscraftycreations.blogsp
tiamatfire
« Reply #827 on: January 18, 2013 12:13:03 PM »

Oh my, I hadn't realised we could run a NEWT and OWL at the same time!!!!  (Fabulous job btw pinkleo, jennie, and everyone else!).  Although it's already started, I have a sweater I've been working on since December (with a long break for Christmas) that would qualify!  I understand if I can't use it as an OWL since it's already started, but it will fall within the guidelines if so Smiley

OWL Proposal:

Class: Transfiguration, option 1: turning a large amount of supply into one craft.
Name: Framboise sweater

My friend gave me some Cascade Eco + for Christmas early in November when we went out to visit her.  I've actually been swatching it and false-started some projects since then, but I finally decided to knit the I heart aran sweater since shawl collars look really good on me.  I've had to do some adjustments, as Cascade Eco + is more like a light bulky than a worsted-to-aran weight yarn and I'm knitting it in the round (why seam when you don't have to?) but it's going well so far!  It should take me just over 3 weeks to finish the sweater, though lots more if you count all those darn gauge swatches and false starts!  I'm crossing all my cables without a cable needle, as it's a lot faster and then there's one less thing for the baby to grab.

Sorry it's a slightly odd photo.  I was trying to capture the colour accurately!  This is close, although it's a bit more jewel-toned than that.  My grey shirt kinda blends into the snow there though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do love knitting patterns!" - Albus Dumbledore

Harry Potter Craftalong: Spring Semester!
PenguinSoup
Tutorial Contributor

Reject only your ignorance, and you may survive.

« Reply #828 on: January 18, 2013 12:27:02 PM »

Modified my Owl Proposal. I didn't notice the care of magic creatures option since the shawl really does make me think of trees and dragon scales. This is perfect.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PenguinSoup
Tutorial Contributor

Reject only your ignorance, and you may survive.

« Reply #829 on: January 18, 2013 12:39:05 PM »

N.E.W.T. Update:
I've done all my swatches! I even bound them off and blocked them! (which I never ever do) But I did make the cable swatches a lot smaller than they could be but I just needed enough to measure width. A bit of cheating is ok, right?

The yarn has good cable definition and I think I might have actually got gauge the first shot :O
I got hubby to take all my measurements and I'll be making the 36" bust size so I have some positive ease. I'm further than I ever was with Vivian and I'm actually confident about this. This is awesome!

I'm going to let my swatches dry while I'm away for the weekend and measure Monday. If they're right, I get to cast on on monday!

ETA: The colour in this picture is off. It's a lighter green and is a bit tweedy.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013 12:40:03 PM by PenguinSoup » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 148 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon A610/A620: Set Indoor Function
Canon A610/A620: Set Format Function
Canon A610/A620: Set Flash Function
Canon A610/A620: Set Fireworks Function
Canon A610/A620: Set Exposure Compensation Function
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...