A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,496
Currently Running With Scissors:
675 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 148
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 188344 times)
Tags for this thread: alchemy , harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #790 on: January 16, 2013 07:06:12 PM »

Here some more work for you, dear headmistress!

Class: Astronomy!
House: Gryffindor!
Project name: Canis Major Shirt
Description: I was cluless about what to make for that class, because, sorry dog lovers, I've never been a dog fan. BUT I adore constellation. I found something at last, I've embrodered one of my son's many navy shirt with a silver-glittery thread. I like it, it takes the boring out of the simple shirt! Cheesy And I like that is really looks like something (a dog, perhaps! Tongue ) I'll put it on my little mister tomorrow and will try to take a not-so-blurry shot.

Now back to homework, I have a muggle assigment due!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
FreakieGeekie
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #791 on: January 16, 2013 07:16:36 PM »

I've misplaced my measuring tape. I'll have to track it down so I can make Snape's clothes.
As of now, I have a naked Snape and a naked poppet who are giving me dirty looks.
In the meantime, I've been working on items for the swap I've joined. I don't have all the supplies I need but I'm doing what I can with what I do have.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #792 on: January 16, 2013 07:48:41 PM »

Hello HPCers!  Just a quick note to say that I have opened a New Swap Interest Thread for a HP swap, the OAHPT aka One Awesome Harry Potter Thing!  Come by if you are interested. Grin

~*PORTKEY TO OAHPT*~
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013 07:48:53 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

SiakelA
Summer is finally here again!

Wit beyond measure...

« Reply #793 on: January 16, 2013 08:26:39 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride:Holiday recipe challenge
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: best cookies ever!
I meant to post this right after christmas, but I am sans computer right now. I made these for everyone for christmas....but no pics. So I made them again....but my husband ate them before I could get a picture! Did I mention its the best recipe EVER? Luckily I squirreled away some of the cookie dough for myself so I was able to take a (not very fancy) photo of these.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/the-chewy-recipe/index.html

Sorry for any typos, its hard to proofread from my phone. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #794 on: January 16, 2013 09:29:21 PM »

Okay so, I think it's the last project I'll post before moving. So if I go missing don't ask yourself.... I don't know when we'll have the net there..... Sad I'll be knitting my DADA homework, since I've found the perfect pattern for the yarn. Thanks for the sock suggestion! http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/owlie-socks It's cool isn't it? now you want some too!

Class, etc : Muggle Studies, Quidditch Stratgie Challenge, House Unity!
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: HOGWARTS! (the game)
Description: I have this thing in my head for a while now and now was the time to get it out. This is a prototype, as I'd really love to make the board out of felt and make each item (quidditch pit, Hagrid's hut, Green House) in 3D as well. I'm using the pegs I made last year because they are still great Cheesy. I drew everything on watercolor paper and used watercolor on the board. I'd love to find something more original (and magical) then simple 6-faced dices. I burrowed the cute owl pouch my daugther made as a gift to her brother for Yule... I'll have to look for/make another one, or better yet buy a suitcase looking box to store it all.

RULES:
Choose a character. Roll the dice move along the rock path.
When you stumble on a yellow one, you can draw a card from the pouch. There are 16 of them yet Smiley More to come!
If you stumble on the lake, you pass your turn. If you stumble on Hagrid's house, you double your turn!
Game ends when there's no more items. The winner is the player with the most items Smiley

I'd love to knit some house scarf so that every one can get one if they draw that card, and basically made a miniature for any object they can draw. Oh, that'll have to wait!

I also see an Hogsmed expension flotting in my head...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
WhistleFish
« Reply #795 on: January 16, 2013 09:56:35 PM »

@AugustBell: I LOVE all those colors! I was going to ask what yarn is it and where from (because I want it!!!) and I see that you've already posted it! Smiley I might have to do some shopping for my birthday. Hehe. I also love that hat you made. So so so cute!

@MamanTattoo: I have the yarn for those washclothes too but I haven't gotten around to it. Love the Christmas colors! And your hat looks wonderful (I just love that yarn!). Very neat constellation shirt...great idea. And holy moly! What a neat game! I bet your kids love it.

@pottermouth: I am in love with your kitchen!!! And your mixer cover fits in perfectly!'

@SiakelA: Fancy photo or not, you can't go wrong with cookies. Smiley

Alas, my dear fellow students. I have failed my first attempt at History of Magic (the Mario crossstitch). I am abandoning it as an OWL. I am still working on it from time to time but I am nowhere near finishing it in 3-4 weeks. So, I am proposing a new History of Magic OWL...

~*OWL PROPOSAL*~
OWL Subject & Option(if available): History of Magic, Option 3 (Vintage technique)
House: Gryffindor
Project Name:
Cozy Bedtime Quilt
Brief Description: I will be making a queen sized quilt for our bed using the vintage technique of quilting. It will take 3-4 weeks and I have already started it in the last week or so (although I've only really worked on it 3 times, I will not be working on this project nonstop so it will take me the full time to complete it due to my schedule.) And since I've already started, here's an update:

It may look like I've got a lot done, but I don't. I cut out a good portion of the squares last week and layed them out and realized I don't have enough so I had to go back to the store and buy more fabric. The picture above shows the width from left to right. I've got about 12 more rows worth of squares cut and then I must cut out at least 10 more squares of each fabric to finish the top piece. Then I have to quilt and bind the whole thing, so yea....lots more work to be done, but I'm in love with it already!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FreakieGeekie

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

« Reply #796 on: January 16, 2013 10:39:07 PM »

@Whistlefish: Quilting intrigues me but I have yet to try it. I planned an LoZ quilt but our Chihuahua puppy got a hold of my sketch and shredded it into tiny bits. Now I want to make a simple but awesome one for my first.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AugustBell

« Reply #797 on: January 17, 2013 07:12:12 AM »

@AugustBell: Such a cute pic & sock monkey hat!  And ~*OWL Approved*~  YAY for Crochet and for making yourself a ghan!!!  WAY TO GO!  I love the colors (definitely a large amount of supply), and Granny Stripe is fun to do.  I'm sending you a new Hornbeam Hook.  Note these hooks choose their crochet partner for life, and they quickly adapt and respond to their owners passions, personalities, and principles.  Also sending blessing of luck! Grin

Squeee! I've always wanted to be chosen by a crochet hook! And Hornbeam...sounds exotic!   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

« Reply #798 on: January 17, 2013 07:14:06 AM »

Two awesome projects, Maman! Good luck with the move! We'll miss you while you are "unplugged." Drop us a patronus if you can!

oooo...thanks for the cookie recipe, SiakelA. I love a chewy cookie!

WhistleFish - I LOVE your color combo for your quilt! I'll be jealous of the final product, I think. Glad you will still be working on Mario. Maybe post-OWL it could be your NEWT?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AugustBell

« Reply #799 on: January 17, 2013 07:46:04 AM »

Class: Study of Ancient Runes
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Draught of Peace Mug Cozy
Project Page Link (if available): n/a yet
Brief Description: For my study of runestones I've used my crafty magic to commemorate not only a great witch, but a great act that she has done and continues to do in running this awesome Craftalong. In honor of PINKLEO I crafted her this Draught of Peace mug cozy as a part of a small swap I did with Jennie on her behalf. CHEERS!
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 148 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How do I get digital pictures onto my computer?
Should I use red eye reduction?
What quality settings should I set my camera to?
What is depth of field?
Should I use automatic or manual focus settings on my camera?
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...