A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 296,633
Currently Running With Scissors:
482 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 148
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 181213 times)
Tags for this thread: alchemy , harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Audania1
Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #650 on: January 09, 2013 02:29:35 PM »

@Audania: Wowzers!!  That is some siriusly awesome crafty magic!  Adore all the Brave pieces...the bows so cute!  The nightgowns pics are just adorable!  (No matter when I start, it seems I'm always crafting to the last moment...be it holidays, b-days, or swaps.)  And I LOVE the handles on your Jar Mugs. I will definitely steal be inspired by that idea!  Oh, and so happy to see a Knook piece; I received a deluxe kit for Xmas and want to dive into!  I think I'll have to use the youtube videos tutes because the instructions are whacking with me...though I do love that there are lefty instructions. Grin

Pinkleo, I feel like such a goof! I thought Id posted a note to you on the knooking, but I must have not done it properly *searches for where brain may have fallen behind the couch*
If you havent checked youtube for a video clip on how to do it, I was going to say it sort of reminds me of an afghan or Tunisian stitch (They are the same stitch, just a different name. Weird, I know.) The very first crochet pattern I did was a blanket out of one of my moms magazines from 1977 and it was in afghan stitch. I was really confused when the next pattern I did was for a hat and it was all almost double crochet and I was like what the heck is this? This wasnt in the other one. But now its been years and I guess Id forgotten that I knew how to do it. Ah well. Youtube definitely helps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #651 on: January 09, 2013 04:08:56 PM »

Pinkleo, I feel like such a goof! I thought I’d posted a note to you on the knooking, but I must have not done it properly *searches for where brain may have fallen behind the couch*
Well it is very possible you did....You see, I only just found my brain again during Winter break.  But my Xmas gift reminded me to give it a true go, and then your post pushed me over to MUST DO! Kiss Grin
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013 04:09:13 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #652 on: January 09, 2013 04:10:00 PM »

Is it Game of Thrones Jennie?  If not it's very reminiscent of it!  (That and my city right now...)

It is indeed Game of Thrones!
Grin YAY!  I knew it!  :::doing chair happy dance:::
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PenguinSoup
Tutorial Contributor

Reject only your ignorance, and you may survive.

« Reply #653 on: January 09, 2013 05:31:52 PM »

N.E.W.T. Progress: non-existent.
I need help! This is my first sweater. It's already a pretty complicated pattern but I've decided to knit it in a worsted weight when the pattern is written for bulky. I've also decided to remove the hood and add a collar instead. This project scares me so much that I haven't even swatched for it yet. I've just wound one skein into a ball and that's about it.

Any advice, experience or suggestions would really help!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

« Reply #654 on: January 09, 2013 06:27:27 PM »

Oh, PenguinSoup, I know just how you feel!  I'm so afraid of my OWL that I have even cleaned my bathroom to avoid taking it out and letting it stare me down.

As to your project, would you consider perhaps scouring the inerwebs for a pattern that fits the description of the sweater you want to make rather than trying to change this pattern, as it Si your first sweater?  Or, if you're really in love with what you have in your mind about this one could you just play around a little with some detail- like, not a gauge swatch so much as practicing some of the skills needed? Maybe with a practice yarn for even less intimidation?  Just a thought. my project is a quilt and I decided that I will make some smaller sewing project(s) first to warm up to the biggie- and not just as an exercise in stealth procrastination!

Whatever way you get into it, I'm sure that when you get into the groove you will feel better about it... and when it is done you will feel so accomplished!

Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
WhistleFish
« Reply #655 on: January 09, 2013 06:52:40 PM »

Thanks for the compliments on my hat everyone!

@SiakelA: I kind of just adapted a pattern for a baby hat into big people size. I just kept increasing until it was big enough for my head then did a couple rows of not increasing. For the flaps I just adapted the same kind of pattern but made it bigger/longer, but used the same technique of decreasing on either side of the rows. I've made a bunch of these hats and I LOVE them. The baby/toddler hat pattern is here:http://allicrafts.blogspot.com/2011/12/free-pattern-earflap-hat-9-12-months.html

@FreakieGeekie: Cute felt diary! And great idea to crochet it. Easy quick project!

@Ant Bee: Mmmmm....delicious.

@jennieingram: Awesome shiny stuff as always! Where do you get all these neat charms? Or is it an old wizarding family secret? Yay for detention. I was wondering about January detention too but I figured you'd get around to it. Smiley I have a bunch of WIPS right now.

@Foxy Sam: How neat!!!!

@pottermouth: I wonder how many of those rolls I could eat on my current WeightWatchers plan because they look like they would make me verrry happy. I'd probably eat all of them. Mmmm.....honey butter...

@patty_o_furniture: So many good projects. I wish there was an owl delivery of those bath bombs and marshmallows.

Alas, I may be changing my OWL for a different one. We shall see....

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #656 on: January 09, 2013 07:37:15 PM »

OWL Update:

I've made the dress. I don't really like it, and it's covered with her woolen cape which is okay with me since I really don't like it. I've made lots of mistake; the first being the choice of the fabric used for the over dress. It's synthetic and shiny. But it was the right color. I suspect is was (ugly) drapes in its previous life. It doesn't move or strech around. Second mistake would be not changing the thread after making the underdress, which gives you apparent beige thread all over the overdress. The underdress is great, thought, even if I sewn it way too thight, took the sides appart and added some (other) green fabric to each side to expand. I'm seriously considering making a new version after we move, since my daugther wants to wear it all the time and I'm a bit ashamed that she would go out with this one.

I received the fabric to make a tripplet's kilt. I've thought about it and I'm going to attach it to a woolen shirt, which we basicaly mean I'll be making a dress for my son! ahah!

I also bought another skein of orange yarn after the last one was thrown in the garbage. I think I'll just try to find orange jersey to make a cap instead of crocheting it. It'll save some yarn and some time!

Now I'm in the process of boxing everything... And I'm starting with my craft room, and I'm just denying the fact that I need to box my machine as well, so I've not even enterred the room today!

BUT- I have a class assigment almost ready to go. I challenge anyone not to fall in love with it!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013 07:54:15 PM by MamanTattoo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
sakuracat23

Don't make me get the flying Monkeys!!!

View Profile
« Reply #657 on: January 09, 2013 08:38:34 PM »

Ok finally able to post the homework iv done so far... had some computer troubles so I'll just jump right in. Allonsy!!!
Class/Challenge/House Pride:Flying
House:Gryffindor!
Project Name:Waffle cone slouch hat
Project Page Link http://www.gleefulthings.com/blog/?p=3258
Brief Description:I bought 2 skeins of yarn on sale at Micheals around christmas and had no idea what to do with them but im a yarn slut and HAD to get it anyway. since i learned how to crochet a few yrs ago iv been looking for a hat pattern that looks good on my oddly rectangular head (seriously its like trying to put a hat on a big box of kleenex!) Lmao. Anyway this pattern was just right. here it is on my model Bobera...(dont ask about the name). I did end up decreaseing around the band a little so it would fit better.
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

TechnicolorAquahearts

Proud Slytherin in the HP Summer Craftalong!

« Reply #658 on: January 09, 2013 08:47:00 PM »

OWL progress report. Well, first of all I have to say that I planned on being done with this OWL by now, but I am not. So here is a peek of what I have been brewing up:

I am working on a fine art series based on Earth, Air, Fire, and Water for Alchemy class. From these elements all things are born and all things return to these elements when they die, therefore birth and death and rebirth are big themes for me in this project. Here are some sketches of the elements as baby elemental spirits to represent birth and newness.

Here is the Air Baby:

Here is the Water Baby:

Here is the Earth Baby:

Here is the Fire Baby:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

etsy: www.lynnaquaheart.e tsy.com
Like me on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/AquaheartStudios
Follow Me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/LynnAquaheart
I have a blog about all things creative! http://lynnaquaheart.blogspot.com
FreakieGeekie

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

« Reply #659 on: January 09, 2013 10:27:29 PM »

@Whistlefish:I plan on wearing that ring, too! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 148 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Secure Sections in a Sleek Bun Hairstyle
How to Create a Bun in a Sleek Bun Hairstyle
Creating the Rihanna Hairstyle
Putting in Hair Extensions
How To Prepare Short Hair For Hair Extensions
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...