A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,475
Currently Running With Scissors:
594 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 148
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 188108 times)
Tags for this thread: alchemy , harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Audania1
Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #600 on: January 07, 2013 03:45:48 PM »

Ok, so I have officially recuperated from holiday everything and then my 6 y/o's birthday everything! Whew! And now, for my insane list of homework to turn in:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Horcrux Hunt
House:Ravenclaw
Project Name: Rowena Ravenclaw's Diadem/Ravenclaw's colors
Project Page Link (if available): n/a
Brief Description: For my daugher's birthday, she wanted a Brave theme. So, instead of chocking goodie bags full of candy that their parents don't want especially after Christmas, I decided to do a little craft for them. Each girl got a necklace with all of the charms in silver and then added were some blue crystals to represent the wisps. Perhaps Rowena and Merida are related as they share the same colors?
(sorry for the lousy pictures!)

Class: Potions
House: still Ravenclaw
Project Name: Pocket weaponry
Project link: n/a
Brief Description: As I said, my kiddo had a birthday. We also had a few cousins that were fellas there and we didn't want to "embarass" them with jewelry. So, i took a bow and arrow, a bear and some wisps and used my shrinking spell on them and stuck them on a "manly" keychain! I don't how they all turned silver though. Must work on that...

Class: December Detention
House: Ravenclaw
Project name: little house night gowns
Project link: n/a  but it is from Simplicity pattern 3586
Brief Description: I began my Christmas crafting in July becaus I said *this* year I wasn't going to stress myself out and be crafting up until the day of. Well, apparently I lied to myself because I finished these night gowns Christmas Eve. It wasn't even b/c I was lazy either! I promised four people I'd make them costumes and then I got caught up doing the "other" Christmas gifts. Ah well. Maybe next year. These are our Little House night gowns:
and I am terribly sorry for how dark this pic is. I took another, but I can't find it for some reason

Class: Charms
Project name: Knooked scarf
Project link: n/a
Brief description: I bought this Knook kit a while back because I love crocheting and I truly suck at knitting. What could be better and cooler than knitting with a crochet hook?!! And while it still took me a bit longer than it would have if I just straight crocheted it, I still loved doing it. It did take me quite a bit to figure out what the instructions were saying and I had to rip out a few rows until I got it right, though. Still, it was fun and I learned a new way to use yarn Cheesy and a happy little girl got a scarf for Christmas.

Class: Arithmancy
Project name: 3 piece bow and arrow set
Project Link: coming soon
Brief description: The last thing I crafted for my daughter's birthday this weekend were these miniature bow and arrow sets. What better way to make parents like me than giving their children projectiles? They were a huge hit, though! And they were comprised of three pieces. I burned each child's name into the wood of the bow before soaking it in water for a few hours. Then I bent it gently and applied the second of the three which is the bow string. Lastly, I clipped q-tips for the arrows. These suckers are awesome, too, because I've seen a few go up to 30 feet!

Class: Holiday Recipe Challenge
Project name: Every year hot cocoa mix
project link: no link, but from the book Gifts in a Jar : Cocoas, Cappuccinos, Coffees and Teas
Brief description: Every year (for the last 6 years) I give hot cocoa mix to almost everyone. I vary it in different types of glasses, sometimes mugs, sometimes bowls and jars. This year, i applied a drawer handle onto a mason jar and stuffed the mix inside. While the containers and accoutraments are different, my mix is the same. It's from the Gifts in a Jar book line, titled Cocoas, Cappuccinos, Coffees & Teas and it is simply scrumptious! Here you go!
Double Chocolate Hot Cocoa
2/3 C. powdered coffee creamer
2/3 C. milk chocolate chips
2/3 C. powdered sugar
2/3 C. powdered chocolate flavored drink mix (I use Nestle's rich and creamy hot chocolate mix)
2/3 C. powdered instant dry milk
1 1/3 C. miniature marshmallows
           Combine all ingredients and place in a wide mouthed 1-quart canning jar. Attach with instructions.
Instructions:
For one serving, place 2 Tablespoons Double Chocolate Hot Cocoa Mix in a mug. Pour boiling water over the mixture and stir until the mix is completely dissolved. If desired, garnish with additional marshmallows.

I have also discovered this year that if you add a Tablespoon or two of a Peppermint Mocha coffee creamer, it tastes even better!!
Here are the jars and mixes for this year
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WhistleFish
« Reply #601 on: January 07, 2013 04:01:36 PM »

Time to catch up!

@Foxy Sam: Good luck with the pattern! I think I might make it my goal to make a clothing item for myself from a pattern this year. It is quite daunting to me.
@Pinkleo: This horcrux hunt sounds awesome! I'm glad it lasts longer than this semester, however. I'm starting off my crafting year with working on my big WIPS to get them out of the way. Love the new squares the colors are so bright!
@AugustBell: Lovely infinity scarf! It looks awesome on you! Don't you just love ripples?
@indigo_roses: You people who spin yarn amaze me!
@ErinAquaheart: Your koi are coming out quite nicely. What a big space you're going to paint too!
@FreakieGeekie: Beautiful wands! And I like Snape's big nose!
@MamanTattoo: Lovely scarf. I like the color you chose. Smiley And I like the board game quidditch idea!
@CraftyLadyMJ: So many projects! Abbeeroad's right...I can't see the pictures either. (Other than your very cute Kappa)
@Audania1: You HAVE been busy. What awesome ideas for a birthday party. And I like how you decided not to give the kids junk. I'm sure they were all in love with those necklaces.

Class: Care of Magical Creatures
House:Gryffindor
Project Name: Cozy Kneazle Hat
Brief Description: My friend has this Kneazle with GORGEOUS colorful fur. I've been having her collect it as she brushes her so I may use it. Finally had enough to make a cozy winter hat for myself. I just love the variations in the fur coloring.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #602 on: January 07, 2013 05:39:39 PM »

@tiamatfire: and officially ~*NEWT Approved*~ Cool

@Maman: Fabulous scarf!  And Kiss for link, I went in and then saved that pattern for I must give it a go.  But first, must plan Quidditch project. Cool

...spun on the wheel that my dad built me for Christmas.
WOW Shocked you must have been a real good girl this year Grin

@FreakieGeekie: That's one good-looking head....great nose...noses are so tricky

@CraftyLadyMJ: LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your DADA!  And I'll update your other classes when pics are fixed; hopefully my tip helped...if not, don't be afraid to shot an owl/PM or ask in thread; I'm sure one of us can help.

@Audania: Wowzers!!  That is some siriusly awesome crafty magic!  Adore all the Brave pieces...the bows so cute!  The nightgowns pics are just adorable!  (No matter when I start, it seems I'm always crafting to the last moment...be it holidays, b-days, or swaps.)  And I LOVE the handles on your Jar Mugs. I will definitely steal be inspired by that idea!  Oh, and so happy to see a Knook piece; I received a deluxe kit for Xmas and want to dive into!  I think I'll have to use the youtube videos tutes because the instructions are whacking with me...though I do love that there are lefty instructions. Grin

@WhistleFish: Your Kneazle Hat does look mighty cozy Cool  ...I adore the colors!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013 05:47:23 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #603 on: January 07, 2013 05:44:11 PM »

~*Congratulations Audania1*~
You are the first to find Rowena Ravenclaw's Diadem.

*Once revealed, horcruxes shall be stored at Headquarters.  Hunters you may use this portkey to pick up your badges and check your Hunting Status.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #604 on: January 07, 2013 06:03:56 PM »

Audania! That bow idea is just lovely! I'd make a ton if I had the time! and my daughter would have LOVED those necklace! brilliant!

Whistlefish; that hat is very pretty! Collecting enoug hair must have taken a while! Wink

I have a good new/bad new: I won't be able to craft much this month, as we will be moving. This month. again for the 2nd time this year. We moved 5 months ago. So, I've got to pack everything, and what comes first? You got it, crafting supplies. Oh well, I'm keeping some knitting wip out to keep me sane!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
AugustBell

« Reply #605 on: January 07, 2013 06:32:21 PM »

Wow, Audania1...I LOVE the Brave necklaces!!! I really wish I was in attendance at that party. What a great idea for party favors.

Whistlefish - Thanks! I DO love ripples, and I love your Kneazle fur hat! Very pretty colors!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #606 on: January 07, 2013 06:36:27 PM »

LOVE the hat WhistleFish!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
FreakieGeekie

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

« Reply #607 on: January 07, 2013 06:43:57 PM »

@FreakieGeekie: Beautiful wands! And I like Snape's big nose!

Thank you! Cheesy
I couldn't get it to retain its hooked shape but at least I could make it on the large side.

@FreakieGeekie: That's one good-looking head....great nose...noses are so tricky

His nose is simply a cotton ball over wire.
I cut a piece of wire, bent it so that it was vaguely nose shaped, then hot-glued it to his face. After that dried, I put tacky glue over the wire and put cotton on it that I then saturated in tacky glue so that I could shape it. When that had dried, I took two pieces of rolled cotton, roughly the same size, and, using tacky glue, glued them on either side so that his nose would have a more realistic shape.
When it's all dried, his nose is hard.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SiakelA
Summer is finally here again!

Wit beyond measure...

« Reply #608 on: January 07, 2013 06:58:47 PM »

I am in love with the kneezle hat!! Can you share the pattern you used, or even just tell me where i can find my own kneezle? O:-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyLadyMJ

A crafting I'll go...

View Profile
« Reply #609 on: January 07, 2013 07:01:31 PM »

Thanks Pinkleo for the pic help I was wandering to why they didn't load.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Summer HPC 2013
No more cellphone headaches!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 148 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Great Hair Rollers For Bouncy Waves
Flatironing Tips For Your Hair
How to Touch Up Your Blowout
How to Tame Curls With Eva Scrivo
Eva Scrivo on Creating Perfect Waves
Latest Blog Articles
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...