A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,086
Currently Running With Scissors:
688 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 148
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 167523 times)
Tags for this thread: alchemy , harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

CraftyLadyMJ

A crafting I'll go...

View Profile
« Reply #520 on: December 30, 2012 08:52:11 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride:Alchemy
House:Hufflepuff
Project Name:Busy Bees
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: Sporting all four colors of the Philosopher's Stone, as you can see their tiny red noses, white wings, black and yellow bodies they are a buzzing recipe for the stone themselves. Here are two magical little worker bees that can help track down the materials needed to create the Philosopher's Stone.
Project Picture: http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/298227_30Dec12_IMG_20121227_235533.jpg[/img]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Summer HPC 2013
No more cellphone headaches!
WhistleFish
« Reply #521 on: December 30, 2012 11:53:26 PM »

@SiakelA: What a neat idea with the keyring embroidery hoop! I think I might have to try that one day. Lovely baby blankets! I just can't get enough of them. Smiley

CraftyLadyMJ:
Adorable little bees!

And for some progress on my OWL:

Truth be told, I worked on it the couple of days following my proposal and haven't touched it again until tonight. I've had so many Christmas crafts to work on, and traveling. And I've forgotten how long cross stitch actually takes. I haven't decided of whether I want to abort and propose a different OWL or take months to finish this one. (I think maybe I liked the idea of owning this piece of art rather than making it myself. I'm not sure yet.) We shall see. Just thought I'd show an update. The skin tone is a little off, but oh well. I think it looks nice though. The first Mario is about 2-2.5 inches tall. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AugustBell
« Reply #522 on: December 31, 2012 08:17:16 AM »

I took a break from last semester's craftalong because I was so busy, but I'm back  Cheesy
Challenge: Gemino
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Toddler Socks
Brief Description: We got a huge ice/snow storm this Christmas and were trapped for several days without power at my in-laws. I took lots of yarn and hooks and decided it was a good time to try my hand at sock making. These are crocheted with wool yarn.
Project Pictures:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #523 on: December 31, 2012 09:22:00 AM »

Note from the Deputy Headmistress....

The new Witch of the Week has been posted!

Awww, I'm so honored!  *blush*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I've moved in May 2013!  Contact me for my new address!
FiberAlchemist
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Wit Beyond Measure

View Profile WWW
« Reply #524 on: December 31, 2012 11:07:49 AM »

Challenge: Holiday Recipe Challenge
Project Name: Cherry Delight
Brief Description:  Every holiday since I can remember my grandma has made cherry delight.  It's a no bake cheesecake like dish and one of the only things I always make sure I have a second helping of, since it is my favorite.  As I've gotten older I don't always make it back to my grandparents' house for the holidays but whenever I am at my home (and not at my in-laws) I always make a batch.

Graham Cracker Crust
1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
2 tablespoons butter, melted

Filling
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
1/2 cup whipped topping
1 cup cherry pie filling

- In a bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, confectioners' sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom of an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray.

- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth; fold in whipped topping. Spread over crust. Spoon pie filling over top. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FiberAlchemist

Wit Beyond Measure

View Profile WWW
« Reply #525 on: December 31, 2012 11:15:04 AM »

OWL Subject & Option(if available): Study of Ancient Runes, Option 1 - Use an intricate charted design; you may create your own design for this project.
Project Name:  It's Bigger on the Inside
Brief Description: I've been eyeing this shawl since the pattern came out in the Spring/Summer 2012 issue of Knitty and have decided to take the plunge and knit it up.  The pattern combines lacework on the top section of the shawl and little TARDISes (not sure of the plural of TARDIS) on the main body.  I'm hoping to have it completed in about four weeks, around the end of January.  I already have my yarn picked out and I'm finally feeling well (less plaguey) enough to begin!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ErinAquaheart
« Reply #526 on: December 31, 2012 12:07:16 PM »

CraftyLadyMJ:Cute bees! I love their little wings!

WhistleFish: Those Marios are great! I like to cross stitch but I have never attempted anything large. Good luck and patience on your journey to finish it.

FiberAlchemist: That shawl sounds awesome. I can't wait to see it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #527 on: December 31, 2012 01:04:13 PM »

Oooh.... FiberAlchemist, that looks awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

It does not due to dwell on lists and forget to craft.
pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #528 on: December 31, 2012 03:44:11 PM »

Question: Aren't Ravenclaw's colors blue and bronze? I want to know because I've been asked to crochet a scarf in Ravenclaw's colors and I don't want to get it wrong.

In the books Ravenclaw's colors are blue and bronze, but in the films they are blue and grey.  You should check with the person who asked you to crochet the scarf to see what they would like.  Smiley

According to the books is what I was told. I couldn't get to my Harry Potter books to check so thank you very much!

You mean everyone doesn't keep one of them under their pillow? Oh. Well, I don't do that either.  Roll Eyes

Great projects everyone! I thought the holidays would keep things at a slow pace but WOW! was I wrong! Have to come back and check out all the projects a little more thoroughly. Happy New Year!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #529 on: December 31, 2012 03:51:08 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Charms
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: 5 strand french braid
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: If you need a good confusing charm this could be it.  I did a five strand french braid in my own hair. I'm pretty good at braiding my own hair, but using five strands it adds a few more steps.  You really have to think about the pattern of over-under-over-under because this gets tricky fast!  But in the end I finished, though it's going to take a lot more practice to get this charm down!  Tried again on my girly, but it wasn't too much better lol.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Holiday Recipe Challenge
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Indoor S'mores
Project Page Link (if available): http://www.recipe.com/indoor-smores-2/
Brief Description:  I love making this recipe.  I've made it for over ten years and people rave about it.  It's like a chocolatey-smore rice crispy treat.  Once I made these for my husband's scouts and the boys just went on and on about them.  I even had a mom call me that he was still talking about them at home!  So here's the recipe, maybe your crew will like them too.  As you can see mine got nibbled at before I remembered to take the picture.  Cheesy

Project Picture:

8   cups Golden Grahams cereal
5   cups miniature marshmallows (I always do heaping cups)
1 1/2   cups milk chocolate chips
1/4   cup light corn syrup
5   tablespoons butter or margarine
1   teaspoon vanilla
1 - 2   cup(s) more miniature marshmallows, if desired

Butter a 9X13 pan, set aside.  Pour cereal in large bowl.  Melt butter in saucepan on medium low heat.  Mix in syrup and 5 cups marshmallows until melted.  Add chocolate chips and vanilla, stir until color is consistent.  Pour over cereal and mix quickly, it sets up fast.  Toss in last amount of marshmallows leaving a few for the top later on.  Stir in, you won't cover all the cereal with the marshmallow mix so just get it covered well.  Then spoon cereal mix into the 9X13 pan using a buttered spoon back to push the mix down even.  Toss the last marshmallows over top.  Let rest to cool, cut, and serve.
*note this is messy and sticky.  Expect to work fast, and to soak your pans afterward.  Worth it though!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013 07:36:39 AM by patty_o_furniture » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 148 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Art of Pysanky
How to Sell Your Soap at Craft Shows
How to Make Money from Soap Making
What a Lye Is in Soap Making
How to Think Up Quilting Patterns
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...