A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 296,761
Currently Running With Scissors:
484 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 148
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 182351 times)
Tags for this thread: alchemy , harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Eiseldora
« Reply #480 on: December 27, 2012 09:39:23 AM »

@Eiseldora: What a wonderful and thoughtful gift.  Sending blessings to your MIL.  And your Egg Bread sounds yummy (these are the days I miss gluten most); I would adore a pic of your holiday treat. Smiley

The thing about the bread is that no matter how much I make it doesn't last the day. I asked my DH to take pictures, but he decided to eat rolls instead Cheesy

If i make it again I"ll tell him no rolls unless he takes pictures.

I do have these pictures from previous batch
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sakuracat23

Don't make me get the flying Monkeys!!!

View Profile
« Reply #481 on: December 27, 2012 01:54:40 PM »

Wow all the treats on here. Look wonderful! I wish id gotten a good pic of the orange dream cookies I made...well mom made one batch and I made the second...maybe there's some left. If not I'll share the link to the recipe.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012 01:58:02 PM by sakuracat23 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #482 on: December 28, 2012 08:03:01 AM »

@Gr33nT3a: Welcome to Hogwarts!  I see you are settling yourself nicely into the Tower and proving why Sir Hat put you in Ravenclaw. Wink  Kiss for putting multiple classes in one post; makes my job much easier!  Your treats look YUMMY!  And I adore your Hawaiian themed tree.

@noodle-bug: Sounds dee-lish....and poor da

@Eiseldora: mmmmm....looks divine!

@sakura: Orange Dream Cookies sound so...well, dreamy Grin...link would be fab and any pics (from any year) would be great!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012 08:06:39 AM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

indigo_roses
« Reply #483 on: December 28, 2012 08:39:43 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: History of Magic and Geminio II (just badge, no points)
House: Ravenclaw for the win!
Project Name: Jessica's socks
Brief Description: For the past 2 years, my extended family on my mom's side has been doing a Secret Santa gift exchange instead of getting little things for everyone. This year I drew my cousin Jessica. She likes handmade things, and has super cold (icy!) feet, so I decided to knit her up a pair of socks. To make them extra toasty, I added a warming charm to them while I was knitting. And look, it's 2 of a kind! Tongue
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
Feast Your Eyes
People are entitled to their hobbies, and I'm entitled to think those people are creepy. - Raylan Givens, Justified

Serial Craft Dabbler

« Reply #484 on: December 28, 2012 09:16:39 AM »

@indigo_roses: very pretty socks! I love the colorway.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Honored to be a J&T Featured Member

Vintage sewing patterns and unique jewelry at
Sinners' Feast
jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #485 on: December 28, 2012 02:17:15 PM »

Well I managed to get my OWL done finally, and a couple weeks before Christmas, too (which was its due date!  Yay yay!)

OWL Subject & Option(if available): Study of Ancient Runes: Option 2-Create something that contains 7 or more letters/symbols. (Fall Semester)
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Game of Thrones House Crest Sweatshirt
Project Page Link (if available): Not yet, but soon!
Brief Description: This sweatshirt is a commission from a friend's wife who is gave the item as a Christmas present.  There were 9 crests in total, to represent each of the houses, made out of felt and applied to a sweatshirt, in a similar fashion of how I made my husband's Star Wars Achievement Badge sweatshirt.  My hubby's friend was drooling over it and talked about it a bunch to his wife and so she contacted me to make him one.  The badges are all made from a wool blend felt, so they should hold up nicely!  Each badge was all hand stitched by me with embroidery floss.  Some combine little felt pieces with the embroidery where larger areas of color were needed.
Project Picture:

It feels so good that have that done!  Whew!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I've moved in May 2013!  Contact me for my new address!
Ant Bee
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #486 on: December 28, 2012 02:41:53 PM »

Everyone's stuff looks so amazing!  I am too far behind to comment properly on each one, but I hope you all know that you are doing really cool stuff left and right!

Here's my latest class contribution.  In theory I am finished with my 2012 Christmas Crafting (in reality I have one more item and a batch of cookies to make, but eh, who's counting?) which means I will be able to devote some real quality time to my OWL and SPEW projects very soon. I'm determined to do that OWL if it kills me! 

In the meantime:

Class: Transfiguration: Prove your mastery of the Avis spell by creating a bird or something with birds upon it.
House:Slytherin
Description: I handcrafted many of my gifts this Christmas and I'm sure you're shocked to hear that most were Potter-inspired.  Once the gifts were ready to be wrapped I decided to carry the theme over into the presentation. For the pink "Puffskein" infinity scarf I included a note for washing instructions that read, "This scarf is made of the finest Puffkein fiber from local farms. Like magic, it has no beginning and no end- unless you wash it in a muggle machine..."
The outerwrap is a blue box I decoupaged with a scene of snowy owls in winter that I cut from a card from Christmas past (Oh Modge podge, I'm in love!) and then tied ribbons, etc. (The owls being the birds which qualify this creation for Transfiguration class) The final bit was a Christmas scroll from "Madam Malkin's" shop.  The brother's GF (who is also a Potterhead) loved it. yay!

[P.S.: Two days before Christmas I was making a needle felted phoenix for this class (as an ornament for my nephew) when I broke the only needle I have! Suffice it to say, after calling all the likely needley places around I could not get a replacement in time for Christmas...]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
SiakelA
Summer is finally here again!

Wit beyond measure...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #487 on: December 28, 2012 08:41:51 PM »

Hey guys, I'm back from a waaay too long hiatus from craftster.  Roll Eyes  I was doing some crafting (I'll share with the class tomorrow!) but I was feeling unsociable.  Embarrassed  

I wanted to say that I am super impressed with all of the completed projects I've been seeing as I lurked, and I love how this craftalong is still going strong. I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas, and that your New Years celebrations are fun and safe. <3
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012 08:43:26 PM by SiakelA - Reason: I had to fix a grammatical error. I'm studying to be a teacher, so I should set a good example, right? ;) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

the_essence
« Reply #488 on: December 28, 2012 08:52:39 PM »

Attention Ravenclaws!

Your quidditch captain has been away for the Christmas holidays and unfortunately will not be back on Grounds in time to finish up the first training session. However, I will be back by the first day of the new year! So, you will have until 1/1/2013, to complete our first training session!

Just dropped in quickly to say that! All of the treats and projects look fabulous!
And a special hello to Gr33nT3a, one of my past swap partners, it's lovely to see you at Hogwarts!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WhistleFish
« Reply #489 on: December 29, 2012 07:30:22 AM »

Wowza! I was out of town for a little over a week, then Christmas and all that good stuff, and of course recovery time from the craziness of the holidays, but I'm back! Lots of neat projects! There's too many to comment on individually. You've all been crafting up a storm. (Okay, I will comment on a couple individually, because they've caught my eye, but I'm not gonna look up who made them right now I'm lazy sooo... - LOVE the tea wallet. It's on my ever-growing to-do list. Also - that hot water bottle cover is amazing! Awesome job!)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 148 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
3 Ways to Style the Side Swept Bun Hairdo
How to Use a Curling Iron
Hairstyles For Your Hair Color
Simple Half Up and Down Wedding Hairstyle
Loose Waves Wedding Hairstyle
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...