A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 304,869
Currently Running With Scissors:
501 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 148
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 195422 times)
Tags for this thread: alchemy , harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Solitary Cricket
« Reply #470 on: December 26, 2012 09:51:56 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Divination - Tasseomancy
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Harry's Tea Cup
Project Page Link (if available): n/a
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques/recipe used, any fun tips, etc.) This was made completely on a whim when I saw the assignments for this semester of the craftalong. I wanted to recreate what Harry sees in his tea cup in the third book/movie. I used felt, two colors of embroidery floss, and a gold paint pen. It is done completely in French knots which I learned specifically for this piece.

I hope I filled all this out right as this is my first craftalong post.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #471 on: December 26, 2012 11:06:21 AM »

It's awesome. totally awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
TechnicolorAquahearts

Proud Slytherin in the HP Summer Craftalong!

« Reply #472 on: December 26, 2012 11:37:06 AM »

Wow! TheBrokenButterfly That hat is awesome!

SolitaryCricket That hoop is so cool! What a great idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

etsy: www.lynnaquaheart.etsy.com
Like me on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/AquaheartStudios
Follow Me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/LynnAquaheart
I have a blog about all things creative! http://lynnaquaheart.blogspot.com
FreakieGeekie
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #473 on: December 26, 2012 04:27:07 PM »

OWL UPDATE:
So, my sewing machine decided to mangle the jersey knit I was using for Snape's outer skin (I'm using one of Runo Dollmaker's patterns). I've used the machine for it dozens of times and even used a loose stitch, as always, and a needle for knit fabrics. My knit needle also snapped! **headdesk** This means when I go grocery shopping Friday, I'll have to swing by Walmart and see if they have the type of needle I need.
While I'm waiting for Friday to get here, I've started on another OWL and will post up the proposal after I've finished with Snape. Hopefully, I'll be able to finish him this weekend. **fingers crossed**
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #474 on: December 26, 2012 05:34:12 PM »

Hope everyone has the most wondrous Christmas!

And YAY for being back on regular schedule, which means visiting the HPC multiple times a day. Grin  Okay, let's see what crafty magic y'all whipped up during my holiday vacation...

@the_essence: mmmm...YUM!  I'm going to experiment with some of the GF flour mixes.

@FreakieGeekie: You certainly have mastered your Snowflake Spell.  YUM, gingerbread cookies.  And great Spiderman hat; bet he loved it!  Kiss for link to tute. (Headmistress Reminder: While you are more than welcome to do a challenge as many times as you wish, you only get House Points for the first submission of a class/challenge.)

@indigo_roses: Would be thrilled to have you join me in an OWLalong Cool

@TechnicolorAquahearts: Wowzers...Amazing and Gorgeous Koi Set...the upper right is my fave.  And YAY Crochet!  Love your granny scarf!

@Kit the Brave: YAY mini Weasley sweater!  You have mastered your Shrinking Potion.  And you snowflakes are lovely.  (I added your SPEW bonus points for your Runes work.)

@Eiseldora: What a wonderful and thoughtful gift.  Sending blessings to your MIL.  And your Egg Bread sounds yummy (these are the days I miss gluten most); I would adore a pic of your holiday treat. Smiley

@TheBrokenButterfly: YAY BBT!  Fantastic hat!

@Solitary Cricket: Welcome to Hogwarts!  LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!  I must pin this hoopla!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FreakieGeekie

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #475 on: December 26, 2012 06:11:34 PM »

(Headmistress Reminder: While you are more than welcome to do a challenge as many times as you wish, you only get House Points for the first submission of a class/challenge.)

I know but I thought other HP craftsters might want the pattern. They make great gifts for anyone who has a winter birthday and they sew up really fast!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #476 on: December 26, 2012 06:56:08 PM »

(Headmistress Reminder: While you are more than welcome to do a challenge as many times as you wish, you only get House Points for the first submission of a class/challenge.)

I know but I thought other HP craftsters might want the pattern. They make great gifts for anyone who has a winter birthday and they sew up really fast!
Oh yes, I adore the pattern to pieces!  And bless you for sharing. Kiss  I plan on making some for SPEW projects after I finish my OWL. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kit the Brave
« Reply #477 on: December 26, 2012 08:16:38 PM »

Consultingcorsair, congrats on the full-sized Weasley sweater! I still haven't made one, but I'm feeling more confident now that I've made the tiny one!

Eiseldora, I'm going to try that bread, and best wishes to your MiL. I know having soft footwear can really help.

Welcome, Solitary Cricket! I'm in awe of all those French knots!

Hufflepuff Quidditch Tryouts

Patty_O has kindly offered me the job of Hufflepuff Quidditch Captain. Please join the team if you're so inclined! It's a little-known fact that Professor Sprout is a great tactician (and she always treats us to butterbeer after practice).

Hufflepuff Quidditch Challenge: Our house is known for fair play. Create an item that represents good sportsmanship - a thank-you card for your child's coach, encouragement for your favorite athlete, or anything else that brings out the best in the world of sports, magical or Muggle. When you post, tell me what position you would like to play!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Gr33nT3a
« Reply #478 on: December 26, 2012 10:18:27 PM »

Hello everyone. This is my first Semester and boy have I been busy! I was so excited and started making stuff right away, but haven't had a chance to post anything until now.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Defense Against the Dark Arts - Kappas
Project Name: Kappa bento
Brief Description: I was really inspired by this class and have always thought kappa a great part of Japanese mythology. I made a kappa bento including: Rice with nori cut out of a kappa, green salad with home made dressing in livestock shaped containers (kappa like to go on land and kill livestock), sesame seed cucumber salad (cucumber is their favorite), and some veggies that looked green/bumpy/slimey like a toad.  Cheesy

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Gemini Challenge
Project Name: Christmas cookie plates
Brief Description: Cookies for the neighbors. So many of the same thing. No final picture because my camera with all the good pics all wrapped up got stolen. At least insurance is covering it though.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Detention over the Holidays
Project Name: Christmas tree
Brief Description: My family decided not to do gifts this year since my MIL and FIL flew out to Hawaii to visit with us. The one thing she really wanted though was a Hawaiian themed Christmas three (and sushi, but I didn't make that) Of course I dragged my feet on making it and there are no decorations that are not crazy expensive. So I made a hula girl topper out of a thrift store Jasmine barbie, made a shell and net garland, threw on some Hibiscus flowers, and got some hawaiian fabric for the bottom. She loved it!

Last one I promise!

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Holiday Recipe
Project Name: Yummy vegan Banana nut muffins
Project Page Link (if available): http://savvybrown.com/health/moist-vegan-banana-bread/
Brief Description: We make this vegan banana bread all the time since we did a month long vegan/vegetarian challenge. The only thing I add to the recipe is more cinnamon and a handful of chopped walnuts. Was a great hit at the work Christmas party last year!

« Last Edit: December 26, 2012 10:25:31 PM by Gr33nT3a » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Běifāng yǒu jiārn, jush r dl. Y g qīng rn chng, zi g qīng rn gu. Nng b zhī qīng chng yǔ qīng gu. Jiārn nn zi d.
北方有佳人,绝世而独立。一顾倾人城,再顾倾人国。宁不知倾城与倾国。佳人难再得。
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #479 on: December 27, 2012 08:57:51 AM »

Challenge: Holiday Recipe Challenge
House: Ra-Ra-Racenclaw
Project: Panetone & butter puddin'

So... I made my Holiday Recipe and took it out of the oven. I thought 'oh, I'll get a piccy to post on crafster and nipped upstair for my camera. By teh time I got back my da had jelped himself to a slice and was complaining that it was so hot he'd burnt his mouth! So, no photo. But our panetone & Butter pud is super tasty, and everyone in our family does it diferently - different fruit and custard - but this is how I make it:

- grease a medium baking dish
- preheat oven to gas mark 3
- Cut panetone slices, medium thickness. I use fruit panetone. as many slices as you need!
- butter each slice, and then jam them too (apricot jam, for me, and use a jam with lots of chunks). Then sprinkle dried cranberries and cherries on each slice, liberally. Or other fruit, to taste.
- Arrange slices in dish butter side up
- In seperate bowl, mix 4 eggs, 180ml double cream, 550ml milk, vanilla extract, 4 tablespoons golden caster sugar. Pour mixture over panetone.
- sprinkle with nutmeg
- put baking dish in roasting tin full of hot water and bake for about 35-40 mins.
- nom.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 148 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Customize Your Loom Knitting Hook
How To Do Quad Crochet
How to Crochet X Shaped Borders
How to Crochet the 2nd Row in Slitted Tree Skirts
How to Crochet V Shaped Borders
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...