A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,724
Currently Running With Scissors:
444 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 148
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 190044 times)
Tags for this thread: alchemy , harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

FreakieGeekie
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #450 on: December 22, 2012 12:30:23 AM »

pottermouth: **squeals and flails** I'm in love with your Grinch ribbon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CDEeeek
« Reply #451 on: December 22, 2012 05:59:39 AM »

Seasick crocodile!!! Brilliant!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I has a pinterest: http://pinterest.com/cdeeeek/

"It's an electronics store, Major, not Basra. Get it under control."
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #452 on: December 22, 2012 06:14:16 AM »

So much awesome stuff you guys!! I can't keep up with the holiday so close!! All those on the receiving end of these crafts are ultra lucky!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #453 on: December 22, 2012 08:54:09 AM »

OWL Subject: Arithmancy
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Squares for Pine Ridge
Brief Description: My goal is get back to my SPEW activities aka charity crafting.  I have chosen to create squares for Afghans for Pine Ridge.  Pine Ridge Reservation is located in the southwesten part of South Dakota.  People have died during extremely harsh winters on Pine Ridge Reservation.  So for 3-4 weeks I shall see how many squares make, with a minimum of one a day.  For my studies in Arithmancy, I shall be focusing on the properties of 7 by using 7 different square patterns. 

Crocheters & Knitters: If you were looking for an OWL and can't decide on what to do, you are more than welcome to copy this one.  For Arithmancy, you could do 7 different patterns, use only 7 specific colors, use 7 stripes/bobbles/rounds in your squares, etc.  Also works with Potions OWL nicely, just make sure to use at least 3 different colors/pattern/textures.  Click link for more info on charity.  And yes, since this is charity crafting you would get SPEW bonus points. Grin

Square requirements:
1.Knit or crochet your squares - it doesn’t matter which!
2.Use any color (except all black or all white)
3.Use any pattern (the less holes the better)
4.Use any fiber you like - the warmer the better! Please note that if you’re using wool, superwash is preferred.
5. Please mark wool because some people have allergies. Also, we need to know if the fiber is superwash.
6. All sizes are welcome, but 6” and 12” are preferred.
7. Please do not “knot & snip” or weave in your ends. Leave at least a tail of 4” of yarn.
8. Please be sure to clean squares (if necessary) before mailing to ensure that they are free of stains/odors.
9. DON'T weave in ends! Seriously, it is not necessary for you to weave in the ends on your squares.  They like to weave in ends so they know they have a sound square that will not unravel.  My suggestion, leave long tails.

Mail to: AS4PRR-Pam Little Sparrow Wingard
16854 London Avenue
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012 09:07:26 AM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

the_essence
« Reply #454 on: December 22, 2012 10:16:25 AM »

Oooh what a wonderful cause pinkleo, that's a great idea for an OWL Smiley

Eiseldora - what a great idea for a homemade kids game!

pottermouth - I love those jars! And goodness that last picture is too funny XD

noodle-bug - what a good idea to gift in origami boxes! I'll have to look up a how-to... And the handwarmers and socks are great Smiley Hahaha I agree it'd be funny to see a kappa try to put on socks and not spill the water XD

FreakieGeekie - Making paper snowflakes is a really nostalgic activity isn't it? They turned out great!

Kit - oh my goodness I loveeeee your Totoro (I love totoro too XD) and those cocoa cups are the cutest!!

Ant Bee - those keys are such a cute idea for an HP-related gift, I'm sure your nephews will love them! And I wish I could needle-felt like you, your dog looks so realistic!

Supermutts - those cocoa kits look fantastic! Your coworkers will be very happy campers Smiley

patty_o - your cookie decorating kits are so thoughtful (and delicious looking)! Your neighbors will love them!

Jennie - so much great stuff! your jewelry items are beautiful as usual, and that soup sounds sooo yummy (and the packaging is charming!)

indigo-roses - those gloves are lovely! I love the design down the center Smiley

tiamatfire - ooh that dress is so cute! nicely done!

MamanTattoo - wow that time turner is gorgeous! I would love to know how you made it, I've always wondered how I could make one with hinges working and everything Smiley

FiberAlchemist - love the tea wallet, the print is so cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the_essence
« Reply #455 on: December 22, 2012 10:33:41 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Alchemy and Holiday Recipe
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Protein Pancakes!

Brief Description: I don't know about everyone else, but I know the winter makes me want warm, comfort-food breakfasts more than just on the weekend. I love pancakes, and ever since I found this recipe on Pinterest it has been my go-to pancake recipe. The base is greek yogurt, which not only makes the pancakes healthier and packed with protein, but it makes them sooo easy to flavor effectively. Never has it been easier to make pomegranate pancakes! Hahaha

Here's the original post

And I'll put the the recipe here too:

- 6 oz of greek yogurt**
- 1 egg
- scant 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda

** I've only used 0% fat before and it tastes great! Also, everydaybelle uses vanilla for plain pancakes, and you can use any flavored greek yogurt for flavored pancakes. If you use unflavored plain yogurt, I would suggest adding a little sugar and vanilla extract.

Mix the baking soda and flour in one bowl, and the egg and yogurt in another bowl. Once the two are mixed, combine the two bowls and you have your batter. I can make 3 big pancakes comfortably with this recipe, or 4 medium-sized pancakes.

This recipe is also a great exercise in Alchemy, because adding the flour and baking soda serves as the whitening, whitening the batter, and cooking the batter serves as the blackening. And if you decide to make strawberry or pomegranate pancakes then hey, you've got some reddening in there as well Smiley

This morning I decided to make blueberry pancakes  Grin

« Last Edit: December 22, 2012 10:41:04 AM by the_essence » THIS ROCKS   Logged

FreakieGeekie

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #456 on: December 22, 2012 01:35:22 PM »

Class: Transfiguration
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Lovebirds Snowflake
Brief Description: I got happy with the scissors and decided to see what I could do. I put the lovebirds for my parents who will have been married 25 years this January (if I remember correctly).

Challenge: Geminio
House: Slytherin
Project Name: More Paper Snowflakes
Brief Description: I had so much fun making those snowflakes last night that I had to make some more!

« Last Edit: December 22, 2012 01:37:47 PM by FreakieGeekie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

indigo_roses
« Reply #457 on: December 22, 2012 03:29:25 PM »

pinkleo, I may copy that! I definitely have (at least) 7 different colors of stash yarn that I could use up.

the_essence, those pancakes sound great! I'll have to try them sometime. I currently have a mango greek yogurt in my fridge...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
TechnicolorAquahearts

Proud Slytherin in the HP Summer Craftalong!

« Reply #458 on: December 23, 2012 12:15:03 PM »

ErinAquaheart is working on a big project dealing with koi fish and her work inspired me to paint my own koi fish series.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Arithmancy
House:Slytherin
Project Name:A series of three koi fish
Brief Description: The number 3 is truly a magic number any artist knows that visual grouping look awesome in 3's So I made a series of 3 koi paintings. They illustrate tranquility and give a visual cue of balance because they are in a group of three.
Project Picture:

« Last Edit: December 23, 2012 12:15:51 PM by TechnicolorAquahearts » THIS ROCKS   Logged

etsy: www.lynnaquaheart.etsy.com
Like me on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/AquaheartStudios
Follow Me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/LynnAquaheart
I have a blog about all things creative! http://lynnaquaheart.blogspot.com
Kit the Brave
« Reply #459 on: December 23, 2012 02:05:29 PM »

Wow, Technicolor, those koi are lovely! Freakie, congrats to your parents - I'm sure they'll love their snowflake! And the_essence, I'm definitely going to try those pancakes.

Class/Challenge: Potions
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Mini Weasley Sweater
Brief Description: I used the pattern in the book Charmed Knits, by Alison Hansel. This is in Knit Picks Palette yarn with size 0 needles. If I measure on the diagonal (or if you were actually wearing it, so the arms aren't sticking out straight) it comes in under four inches square!

Class/Challenge: Study of Ancient Runes
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Snowflakes for Sandy Hook
Project Link: Here's the link with the address for where to send snowflakes: http://www.ctpta.org/About-CT-PTA/SANDY-HOOK-FUND.html . I used snowflake patterns I found here: http://www.papersnowflakes.com/ . If you are interested in sending some, they would like the snowflakes by January 12.
Brief Description: The Connecticut PTA asked the people at Sandy Hook Elementary how they could help, and they decided to collect paper snowflakes to decorate the new school that children will be returning to after Christmas vacation. I hope that getting snowflakes from all over the country will be a way to commemorate the strength and courage of the kids and their community.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 148 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Stalled at Comicon
Art of VIBE: Hebru Brantley Puts His Chicago South Side Roots Into His Art
Art of VIBE: Painter John Park Protects Originality Through Complex Process
Visually Impaired Artist Jeff Hanson Wants to Change the World
The Lab TV: Eric White
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...