A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,381
Currently Running With Scissors:
571 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 148
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 179144 times)
Tags for this thread: alchemy , harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

3plyproblem

Is it jumper weather yet?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #410 on: December 20, 2012 06:53:57 AM »

Just caught up on the last few pages, and everything looks fantastic! I reckon there are going to be a lot of people very happy with their presents this Christmas, judging by all your posts.  Wink

I'm hoping to do my first OWL in the new year, and I was wondering how early I can propose it? I might not be able to start on it until February because January's going to be a very busy month of exams, but I'm really looking forward to it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I got 99 problems and they're all unfinished projects.
patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #411 on: December 20, 2012 07:30:37 AM »

Gorgeous PenguinSoup! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FreakieGeekie
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #412 on: December 20, 2012 09:25:30 AM »

Challenge: Quidditch tryouts, Seeker/House Unity
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Redhot Potholder
Brief Description: Crocheted potholder for my mom to replace one I had crocheted years ago that has since been lost. It's also to replace one of her old, dingy ones. This one is made better than the old one because my skills have improved.

My mom likes red, especially bright red, so I used some Lion Brand Hometown USA in Cincinnati Red Gryffindor Red to make this. While crocheting this I learned that this type of yarn is hard to work with an H/8 hook. When I get a proper hook, according to the label it's an N/13, I'll be making more of these for her.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012 09:50:25 AM by FreakieGeekie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

PenguinSoup
Tutorial Contributor

Reject only your ignorance, and you may survive.

« Reply #413 on: December 20, 2012 10:28:11 AM »

Oh no! I just realized that I didn't get pictures of my muggle studies project. I made "portal" themed gingerbread cookies but they were eaten before I got pictures Sad I'll have to come up with something else now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FiberAlchemist

Wit Beyond Measure

View Profile WWW
« Reply #414 on: December 20, 2012 10:48:43 AM »

Class/Challenge: Transfiguration
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Owl Tea Wallet
Brief Description: Honestly, if you're given the choice between Armageddon or tea, you don't say 'what kind of tea? - Neil Gaiman
Making a tea wallet has been on my list of things to do for a while now; and it never gets done.  I'm not sure why, they are fast, easy to make, and prevent my purse from being cluttered by random tea bags.  So I finally whipped this up using scraps leftover from quilt making.  Something about owls just makes me think tea.  On the inside there are four pockets but I'm pretty sure you could squeeze in six tea bags if you wanted to.

Outside:

Inside:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #415 on: December 20, 2012 12:20:01 PM »

FreakieGeekie, I'm hungry now, they look delicious!
PenguinSoup... You. work. so. well. I didn't even wanted a hot bottle, up until now. And too bad for the cookies!
Eiseldora, what a lovely idea to turn the assigment into activities with your niece. That's very creative Smiley
Naantje, Yay! I'm happy Cheesy the more Quidditch, the merrier!
Fiber, I have a thing for tea wallet AND owl fabric. Your's so pretty!

Class/Challenge: Gryffindor Scavenger Hunt (Ancient Gryffindor Student- Hermione) / House Pride- Ravenclaw
House: Gryffindor!!
Project Name: Blue TimerTurner
Brief Description: My man has to study real hard- He has 25-30h of class a week, and you know the rule of tripling the hours of classes to get the amount of study you have to do? So 30h+90h+sleeping+eating+spending time with the kids, with me+ exercizing+his own leisure time= Not enough hours in a week!!
I thought that making him a timeturner would be a perfect little stocking stuffer, and show him my support, even when it gets really tough. I've mounted it on a chain but I guess he'll use it as a keychain.
The design is my own, with what I had on hand (two size of wire and two coral ships + other silver beads). It's fully working and I love it! I also love the silver/blue combo which is so like my ravenclaw boyfriend!
Image:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #416 on: December 20, 2012 12:42:56 PM »

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Man, I love this thread!

That tea wallet is so CUTE! Before I stumbled upon this here world I'd never heard of such a thing (or a "mug rug" either) and now I sure as heck know them and want them!  FiberAlchemist must have a sticking spell on this one, because I've been yelling "Accio Tea-Wallet!!" At my computer screen over and over and all that's happened is my laptop has bludgeoned me repeatedly.

I love the fabric choice, too. Very fun.

Good for you, Freakie, getting your Quidditch tryout done so fast, and increasing your skills. Good job!
And Maman, that Time Turner looks really sharp, he'll love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #417 on: December 20, 2012 01:09:19 PM »

Thank you, Ant Bee!

Class/Challenge: Runes
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Cromlech (stone circle)
Brief Description: I went pretty literal and made the monument itself, in a soft woolen playmat form.
Image:

Class/Challenge:Alchimy
House: Still a lion!
Project Name: Shoebox Coffee Machine
Brief Description: I spent some times looking for a wooden coffee machine, and found very few and none that I liked. I've decided to try to make one out of a shoe box. I basically cut the cover in 3 and made the bottom with a far side, the bottom of the water/grain reservoir with the other far side and the facade with the middle. I taped the thing all around everywhere and painted it red. I've decided to write on the details instead of glueing buttons that is likely not to stick, so I used a black marker. I created a logo for their "caf", too!
Image:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
tiamatfire
« Reply #418 on: December 20, 2012 02:05:32 PM »

More cute things!  Love the tea wallet and all the baby-occupying toys (with an ADORABLE girl).  I'm going to have to make some of those for my girl!  Fantastic OWL too, the spinning is well done and the cover is gorgeous.

I have two projects:

Class: Apparition
Name: Dish cloths

Just some good ol' dishcloths, as gift additions and stocking stuffers.  Simple crochet pattern - make an even-numbered chain, sc1 in 2nd ch from hook, ch1, *sc1, ch1, skip 1* to end, sc1, ch1, turn.  Follow until the right length.  The yellow one has a border of sc with three sc at the corners, and is made to match the apron below.

Class: Herbology
Name: Lemony fresh!
Project Page: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=418130.0

It's a Butterick retro reprint pattern.  The fabric is from the States, I used bought single-fold bias tape, and pinked any raw edges that weren't covered.  I think it's pretty cheery and bright!  It's also perfect for herbology - protective from messes, and displays fruit to boot!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do love knitting patterns!" - Albus Dumbledore

Harry Potter Craftalong: Spring Semester!
tiamatfire
« Reply #419 on: December 20, 2012 02:07:20 PM »

That time turner is AWESOME!  Keep a tight hold on it because I'm going to...

"ACCIO TIME TURNER"

*shakes wand*

Huh.  Guess I need more practice.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do love knitting patterns!" - Albus Dumbledore

Harry Potter Craftalong: Spring Semester!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 148 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Easy Waterfall Braid Tutorial
Celebrity Inspired Hair For the Summer
4 Glam Ways to Wear a Hair Wrap
6 Tips For Gorgeous Hair at Any Age
How to Do a High Ponytail
Latest Blog Articles
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects
How to Make Summer Treats
July is National Blueberry Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...