A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 296,760
Currently Running With Scissors:
515 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 148
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 182339 times)
Tags for this thread: alchemy , harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #400 on: December 19, 2012 08:28:14 PM »

Yay!!!
Reminder for Gryffindors: There a TWO spots left; Chaser and Beater. Hurry up if you'd like to be on the team!!
note: You would still be able to participate in the subsequent quidditch challenge as a suporter and still be able to earn rubies even if you're not on the team.

indigo_roses, those snowflakes are flawless! What a beautiful idea that will make a difference for those kids!

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Herbology
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name: The long hat for Papa
Project link: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Andreann/that-chocolates-gone-straight-to-your-ribs-hat
Brief Description: My guy has to walk a little to get on the bus, and I was just tired of his old hat; He has had the same for 8 years! When he lost it a couple years ago he managed to buy the exact same one again.... SO to replace his grey bleh a-little-too-short beanie, I made a fun, colorful one Cheesy It has all the appropriate spells on it: Anti-frost, anti-brick on the head, anti-rain and anti-armful sounds shields (perfect against mandragora!). I had planned to make his hat black, but since he threw his yarn in the trash.... I did with what I had on hand and improvised a stripe pattern!
Project Picture:

modeled:

I have more projects ready to be photographed and posted, just need to take the time to do that... I'm crafting a lot to get things done!

pottermouth: Those mittens are SO cute!!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012 08:31:07 PM by MamanTattoo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
FreakieGeekie
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #401 on: December 19, 2012 09:09:34 PM »

Challenge: Detention in the Dungeons
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Tasty gifts
Brief Description: Tomorrow is my work's Christmas party and I decided that everyone will be getting turtles from me. Yes, I waited to nearly last minute, as always.

Don't they look so tasty? :d
I made some of these last year but they did NOT look as good nor did they taste half as good. My dad and I shared one after I took this picture. If anyone would like the recipe, it's here  
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012 09:37:54 PM by FreakieGeekie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

PenguinSoup
Tutorial Contributor

Reject only your ignorance, and you may survive.

« Reply #402 on: December 19, 2012 10:17:39 PM »

~*COMPLETED OWL*~
OWL Subject & Option (if available): Study of Ancient Runes: Option 1
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Cozy Cover
Brief Description:
I came across an ancient text that had runes that resembled my N.E.W.T. assignment. These runes looks somewhat more simplified so I decided to tackle translating these to give myself some practice for my upcoming project.
I decided that I did not have the right materials for this O.W.L. so I set about to make my own first.
I took the raw materials that I felt would work:

This is 85 polwarth/ 15 silk which was new to me. It ended up being pretty thick so I two plied it into this:

I started to follow the runes and it was going really well. Until I did my measurements and realized that I was  about 2 inches short! Oh no! So I rechecked my calculations and my translations and they were correct. My material was imperfect so I needed to improvise. The last inch before then including the top decreases are my attempt at recreating the runes . I think that I understood them pretty well and that it looks pretty natural.

I finished my O.W.L. a bit early so I made a cup cozy to keep my tea warm while I snuggle with my hot water bottle on my sick days.

There's also a sneak peak of what I'm working on now in that shot.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013 10:38:50 AM by PenguinSoup » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eiseldora
« Reply #403 on: December 19, 2012 10:32:30 PM »

Wow congrats Penguin. I can't do my Owl because my sewing machine broke, and I'm not even in the same town as it atm.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Muggle Studies
Project Name: Sensory Bottles
Brief Description: My Niece is 20 months old and normally she loves to organize things. For Christmas I recycled some bottles into sensory bottles that she can shake, sort, or roll. Each has different items but contain things like glitter, water, oil, feathers, beads, pompoms, foam letters, and food coloring.

When I showed them to my niece today she spend hours setting them up and rearranging them.

I tried to get a picture of all of them, but didn't realize she'd walked off with one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eiseldora
« Reply #404 on: December 19, 2012 10:41:29 PM »

House Pride
Project Name: Playdough
Brief Description: My Niece is 20 months old and normally she plays really quietly rearranging toys. I decided that she needed to get a bit messy, so I bought a shower curtain, and today I made her some playdough. Tomorrow I plan to make her some finger paints.

Today we used Red for Gryffindor House and Green for Slytherin. Tomorrow we will do Blue for Ravenclaw (so she can paint me a picture) and Yellow for Hufflepuff.

She'd never seen play-dough before and after I introduced it to her she spent an hour ripping it into little pieces and putting the pieces into the cookie cutters I provided.

She also kept trying to feed everyone the things she made. She didn't try to eat the playdough ever, but insisted we all try it. None of us did.

And more cute photos of my niece

I also made her  a sorting game with a gift box and puffs. She spent hours putting the puffs in the box, dumping it, and putting them back in again. She got very angry when we took it from her when she tried to eat one of the puffs.

I tried to teach her how to use chopsticks, but that failed. She loves the chopsticks, but immediately took off the training wheel rubber band and paper, so she's not been successful using them as intended.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012 10:49:00 PM by Eiseldora » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Naantje
« Reply #405 on: December 20, 2012 03:10:57 AM »

What a cute niece you have, Eiseldora! I love the things you are making for her, they really look as if they will help her figure out her own abilities as well as how the world works and I think these kinds of toys also help develop a kid's imagination. I'm a firm believer that kids should have enough stimulating toys, and that those really don't need to cost a fortune. Smiley

Congratulations on finishing your OWL, PenguinSoup! From raw materials to finished project, I am in awe. My OWL is progressing slowly but steadily: the scarf is at 44 cm now, and I've done some calculations: knitting one row (60 stitches) takes me 6 minutes. Twenty rows of knitting are 6cm high, so right now I think I've knit about 147 rows, so I've already knit for at least 14,7 hours (probably more, considering that my speed has increased a lot since I first started knitting) and to get a scarf of 180cm I'd need to knit 600 rows (I'm nearly one fourth of the way there!) so it would take a total of sixty hours! I hope my speed will increase further, because that leaves me with nearly 2 full days of non stop knitting, without pause to eat, sleep or anything else! Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
Naantje
« Reply #406 on: December 20, 2012 03:23:25 AM »

Attention Slytherins

It has taken me a while, but I've set up the Quidditch try-outs!

When Malfoy joined the team as a seeker, he equipped the entire team with luxury brooms. Illspoken people claim he bought his place on the team, but we Slytherins know better: Malfoy tried out like all others, and proved to be of sufficient skill to join the team. Invested in our succes, he used the connections he had to increase the team's potential and get a sponsorship for the material available.

Show that you are personally invested in this team and are willing to go the extra mile. Replace something that has been worn down with something new, or craft something that would boost performance.

Just to throw some ideas out there:
- Pants are fraying at the hem and there's not enough length to fix it up? To the sewing machine and stitch up a new favorite pair.
- Potholders have some myserious stains that won't wash out anymore and are decidedly grungy? Time to bust out that crochet hook / quilting stock / ... to replace them with some sparkly new ones.
- Create a chore/rewards chart for the kids.
- Create a wraparound pincushion for your sewing machine so you don't waste time searching for your pincushion and always have it handy to put your pins back in place.

Happy Crafting! When the thread has grown again with many pages, you can always find the prompt back in the Slytherin commonroom so you don't have to dig through the entire topic.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
Trekky

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: December 20, 2012 04:52:51 AM »

PenguinSoup - what a gorgeous cozy!  I love pictures that show from fibre to finished object - they are fantastic!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://craftytrekky.blogspot.com/

I have lots of train tickets (I get the train most days), if anyone wants some for papercrafting just send me a PM Smiley
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

« Reply #408 on: December 20, 2012 05:36:28 AM »

Yay on getting out of detention, Ant Bee!! Smiley

Awesome snowflakes and a wonderful cause, indigo. We donated money to the Newtown Parent Connection in lieu of a gift to our boss this year at work. Feels like I've been donating a lot lately. Maybe I'm just more aware, or maybe there really is just more to donate for.

Yay for the Gryffindor Seeker!!

Love those checkered birdies, pottermouth, and Alton cracks me up!

Really love the colors on that hat, Maman!

FreakieGeekie - turtles are my absolute fave. And homemade? Yum!!

PenguinSoup - amazing work once again!! Never would have guessed your improvisation. I'd say you nailed it!

Eiseldora - What thoughtful gifts for your adorable niece!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

« Reply #409 on: December 20, 2012 05:43:23 AM »

note: You would still be able to participate in the subsequent quidditch challenge as a suporter and still be able to earn rubies even if you're not on the team.

Thanks for this reminder MamanTattoo!! Smiley

I've got an extra Gryffindor Badge lined up for the student who earns the most rubies this month!! Wink
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012 05:44:21 AM by Abbeeroad » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 148 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Macque Choux
How to Make Southern Fried Chicken Legs Part 1/2
How to Make Southern Fried Chicken Legs Part 2/2
How to Make Potato Chips Part 1/2
How to Make Potato Chips Part 2/2
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...