A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,162
Currently Running With Scissors:
524 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 148
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 185766 times)
Tags for this thread: alchemy , harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #360 on: December 16, 2012 07:18:46 AM »

Note from the Deputy Headmistress....

The new Witch of the Week has been posted!  Be sure to check the Witch of the Week Board to find out who it is!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Summer Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #361 on: December 16, 2012 07:59:08 AM »

Congratulations PenguinSoup!!!

OWL update: I'm done with Merida's dress. I'm not very happy with it... I did with the amount of fabric I had since we're on a thight budget, and the sides are open, which is not like the orginial design...And the overdress collar is too wide and opens... BUT my daugther loves it. She's wearing it all the time and would sleep with it if she was able to endure clothing while sleeping. So I guess my main goal was reached.

While sewing the dress, my son keep telling me "Fergus for Merrick, hum?" Fergus is the father, he wants a Fergus costume! I'll stick with a triplet costume since I won't have to make the crown, leather bodice and wooden leg!

AND I bought some orange yarn again for the hair...the skeins were in the bag that got accidently trashed by Papa...

also, after frogging my knit for the charm class 5 times, I gave up!! I'm doing something relatively simpler but still with a chart instead.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #362 on: December 16, 2012 08:28:47 AM »

Congrats Penguin Soup! (Although, I'm still pretty convinced you have a Time Turner advantage... but... I'll let it go... for now... lol)

I'm in There's HOW many days until Christmas!?! mode, so apologies for the lack of comments. I'm still getting my wand kicked by my OWL, which upon closer examination of my (lack of) skills should probably have been a NEWT, but , meh, whats done is done and what's a little blood and tears among friends, eh? So, to feel a wee bit better about crafting in general (and to procrastinate because, the OWL is only a Christmas present, naturally, and what makes stressfull crafting even better? A looming deadline, of course!), I returned to some nice friendly crochet. Here's the latest:

Challenge: Geminio
House: Slytherin
Project: Infinity Scarves
Description: I decided to make a couple of infinity scarves for two women on my list. I ordered some lovely Eros ribbon-like yarn from Madam Malkin's sister- she has that little shop just outside of Diagon Alley? Have you seen it- so pretty and the nicest yarns!  I bought some pygmy puff pink and a lovely hippogriff gray and then made them otherwise identical. It's a simple v-stitch (good griffins, I love me my v-stitch!) and I can practically do it with my eyes closed- which is a relief after all the white-knuckled sewing I've been over thinking working on. (I did have to look carefully while stitching the ends together to make the "infinity" part of the name come true. That was ok, though, yarn is so much more my friend than fabric is... yet.
pic:

« Last Edit: December 16, 2012 08:43:04 AM by Ant Bee » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
FreakieGeekie

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

« Reply #363 on: December 16, 2012 09:23:30 AM »

Forgot to mention: everyone here is immensely talented and many of these projects give me ideas for some of my own! I may not do them any time soon (or ever) but it's nice to be inspired Cheesy

Ant Bee: I generally don't care for pink but that's a lovely shade and it looks nice next to that grey.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PenguinSoup
Tutorial Contributor

Reject only your ignorance, and you may survive.

« Reply #364 on: December 16, 2012 10:16:52 AM »

Thanks everyone! And, Ant Bea, if I did have a time turner I would be posting a project every day! I am almost finished my owl and 1/4 finished another pair of socks.

I'm loving everyone's projects too. Those owl post ornaments are great and the nes pillow is awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tiamatfire
« Reply #365 on: December 16, 2012 11:07:30 AM »

Congratulations PenguinSoup! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do love knitting patterns!" - Albus Dumbledore

Harry Potter Craftalong: Spring Semester!
patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

« Reply #366 on: December 16, 2012 04:10:36 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Herbology
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Elderberry Syrup
Project Page Link (if available): http://frugallysustainable.com/2011/10/building-your-medicine-chest/
Brief Description: Those poor Mandrakes have colds!  And since we all know they are human-like the colds can transfer to unknowing witches and wizards.  Take one tablespoon of this Elderberry Concoction before you go to class everyday to protect you from catching their colds.
Project Picture:

Bubbling in my cauldron

Finished Concoction
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ErinAquaheart
« Reply #367 on: December 16, 2012 08:10:29 PM »

Okay! Time to post my first class assignment!!!!

Class: Alchemy
Project Name: Alchemy PenPal Stationary
Brief Description: I just got into snailmailing. So very muggle-loving of me! Sometimes owls just don't take enough care when flying with delicate mail. So I made some special stationary. It has all four colors; Yellow, Black, white, and red. It also includes the four basic elements; earth, air, fire, and water.

This one is the envelopes. Yellow paper with black and white details. There are the basic alchemy symbols for earth, air, fire, and water on the back.

And this is a detail of the bottom corner of the paper. Red paper with a panda for earth, dolphin for water, tiger for fire, and butterfly for air.

There are more photos on my facebook.
www.facebook.com/erin.baier.5
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ErinAquaheart
« Reply #368 on: December 16, 2012 08:21:19 PM »

And something I finished a couple of days ago. I had to start over so many times when I was getting this started! Cry But in the end.....

Class: Charms
Project Name: Lavender Scarf with Cupcake
Brief Description: I started learning how to crochet very a while ago but I got stuck making scarves. (Easy straight lines without anything "special") So I decided to try something new. Still a scarf but with a little wand waving I made waves in my stitching! I am so happy with how it turned out. And for the cupcake I even learned how to crochet behind the post, how to decrease the CORRECT way, and how to start a circle (for my cherry on top)!!!! Lots of new skills learned. Now I am more confident that I can charm any yarn into something pretty. No more just single crochet for me!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
FreakieGeekie

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

« Reply #369 on: December 16, 2012 10:03:42 PM »

Class: Charms
Project Name: Slytherin scarf for Snuggly Snape
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: Scarf crocheted in Slytherin's colors for the Snape plush I'm making for my DADA OWL.
Project Picture:

When cold weather sets in, it gets really slow at the convenience store where I work. Since I don't want my Snuggly Snape to get dirty, I decided to make him a scarf. Cold weather is setting in and I don't want him to catch a cold.
The colors look washed out here but the green is Softelle Alpine Green and the silver is Red Heart Super Saver Light Grey
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 148 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Easy, Breezy Mermaid Hair Tutorial
Gold Tipped Braids at Mara Hoffman NYFW 2014
Half Up Bella Thorne Hair Tutorial
How to Change Your Hair from Day to Night Look
How to Create Mermaid Curls
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...