A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,586
Currently Running With Scissors:
506 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 148
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 179672 times)
Tags for this thread: alchemy , harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Ant Bee
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #240 on: December 10, 2012 08:34:57 AM »

Man but this thread MOVES!

@Tech: Slytherins Unite!

@Whistlefish: Thanks for the compliments, and you know, according to JKR Merlin himself was a slythy so... big shoes to fill, big shoes to fill... also, 1. Love the hats and the family pic!  So sweet! 2. Is there a special rice that one uses for the heating pads?

@FreakieGeeky: Could the hole in his arm match up to a dark mark tatoo and get some coverage that way?

@Naantje: Great Galifreyan, cool idea for a warm project!

@ErinAquaheart: Welcome, and might I suggest Slytherin to guide you on your way to greatness? hmm?

@Abee: Cute Christmas things! I love the look of both- the wee pillow is s puffy and cute!

@JennieIngram: I hope you are feeling better! I was half asleep when I heard Madam Pomfrey talking about your fall and thought she said "Head Mistress".  I hope you are on the mend! So sorry you missed your party.

Phew, I think that's me caught up.  Let's have a great week, everybody!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
PenguinSoup
Tutorial Contributor

Reject only your ignorance, and you may survive.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #241 on: December 10, 2012 09:52:00 AM »

I Love love love those glasses, MamanTattoo
Welcome Erin! Can't wait to see which house you choose and then crafts you do!
And holy cow everyone! We're seeing some amazing crafts. Too many to mention by name.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PenguinSoup
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #242 on: December 10, 2012 10:13:48 AM »

Challenge: December Detention
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Stripey Mitts
Brief Description: So far I've made my sister some socks and a little fox stole for Christmas but I've wanted to do something a little more. I have to mail her package really soon but it wasn't finished yet! I finally got off my butt and made this fingerless mitts from the "Woodsy Association" pattern by TinyOwlKnits. I think they're really cute. They only took two days and I really should have done this earlier.
It's great to see the sun after being in detention for so long!
Project Picture:

Just noticed my nails match. How cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #243 on: December 10, 2012 10:33:25 AM »

I admire your fast-knitting skills. And the matching nail polish! >_<
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #244 on: December 10, 2012 10:35:03 AM »

Man, sorry I've been so quiet.  December has so far been very busy!  But, rest assured, I have been lurking in the shadows, looking at everyone's projects and getting stuff done myself.  My OWL from last month is almost done!  Just have to stitch on the badges to the sweatshirt and then we are done, baby! 

TIME TO BOMBARD YOU WITH CRAFTS!

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Alchemy
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Vash the Stampede
Project Page Link (if available): not yet
Brief Description:  I've been working on a bunch of freezer paper stenciled shirts for Christmas presents last week.  Here is one that I made for my husband of Vash the Stampede from Trigun (one of our favorite animes EVER).  As you can see from the picture, it encompasses a lot of the colors associated with the process of producing a philospher's stone.  Black, red, and yellow!  Man, the only thing its missing is the white! 
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Arithmancy
Project Name: HO HO HO pillow
Brief Description:  I made this for my partner in the Ho3 swap.  You can't have just one Ho!  You must have 3, otherwise its not christmasy, its just an insult!  ^_^  I used an awesome tutorial that I found here:  http://www.texascottageblog.com/2011/08/easy-envelope-pillow-covers.html
Its really easy to use, especially for a unexperienced sewer like myself.  The only thing to remember is that you need to you sew on the front panel (if you have one) before you sew the whole pillow together.  Trust me on this one, I messed up the first one and had to go for a second try.  ^_^  I used burlap and a freezer paper stencil to do the Hos
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Charms
Project Name: HO HO HO framed art
Brief Description:  I made this for my partner in the Ho3 swap.  I was really excited and kinda nervous to make this project.  I wasn't sure how I was going to get it to work out like I envisioned.  My masking fluid has not been cooperating and I've been trying numerous low-tack tapes all to no avail.  Somehow, with a few flaws that had to be cleverly hidden, I managed to pull it off.  It was rather terrifying, because I did not want to mess this up!  To make this, I printed off my Hos from the computer.  Using a light box, I used masking fluid to go around the outside of the letters quite a way.  I didn't want to use a pencil because once its under the watercolors its impossible to get rid of.  I didn't want any peekaboo pencil lines.  Using watercolors, I applied a number of different techniques to get some fun effects, including wet on dry, wet on wet, splattering on dry and wet, and using a straw to blow streaks.  After it was all dry, I gently (and nerve-wrackingly) peeled off the masking fluid.  I had a few boo-boos of coloring outside the areas, that I covered up with some white paint.  After that I went over the Hos and put some random swirls in with a white gel pen.  I really like how it came out, though it was a difficult process for me.  I've only done small items with the masking fluid with good results.  Yay for some success!
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Study of Ancient Runes
Project Name: Snape's Patronus ornament
Brief Description:  I made this for tapestrymlp in the STS.  Its a memorial to Snape.  <3  Its acrylic paint on a glass ornament, covered with mod podge to protect from scratching just on the painted areas.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Transfiguration
Project Name: Birds on Blocks
Brief Description:  I made these for the Ho3 swap for my partner.  Each bird is made of paper clay, then painted with acrylic paint and other fun stuff on top.  I really wanted to create some mixed media birds, and I think I succeeded!  I think my favorite part is their hats.  ^_^
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: December Detension w/ Snape
Project Name: Shirts Galore!
Brief Description:  Last thursday was shirt-a-paloosa for me!  I managed to get 5 stenciled shirts done for Christmas presents for my hubby and dad.  I shared the Trigun with you already, but here are the other four!  All are done with freezer paper stenciles and fabric paint.
Project Picture:

Whew!  I will definitely have more projects to post as we get closer to christmas and I get some more stuff done!  Weee!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I've moved in May 2013!  Contact me for my new address!
tiamatfire
« Reply #245 on: December 10, 2012 11:04:58 AM »

Wow, my parents come to visit and I get like 20 pages behind AND miss start of term!  Such great stuff so far guys!  I only have one project to add, mostly because some of my current things just can't be squeezed into the class definitions.  I should hopefully have an OWL soon though...

Class: Alchemy
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Peppermint Stripe cookies

These are gluten-free chocolate thumbprints with these fantastic red-and-white striped Candy Cane Kisses.  I hate the milk chocolate Hershey's Kisses but love the candy cane ones!  I put the kisses on as soon as the cookies came out of the oven so they'd melt down a bit.  I think the red and white stripes definitely fit the two-colour alchemy requirement!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do love knitting patterns!" - Albus Dumbledore

Harry Potter Craftalong: Spring Semester!
PenguinSoup
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #246 on: December 10, 2012 12:19:59 PM »

Holy crap jillbeans, that's all amazing! I LOVE the snape ornament, I need one. And the Vash and AH stencils. It's all amazing. What kind of paint do you use when doing freezer paper stencils?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #247 on: December 10, 2012 01:51:14 PM »

Man but this thread MOVES!
And HOW! (I LOVE IT!)  Wowzers, I can't imagine what our thread is going to be like after the holidays. Grin

@PenguinSoup: Love those mitts and nails!  And yay tinyowl!

@jillybeans: I thought I heard a Badger Cheer from the Hufflepuff Common Room... Welcome back 3rd Year jilly! Grin  What an explosion of fabulous crafty magic!  You have definitely mastered your freezer-paper stenciling charm, such precise wand movements...I love them all!  Your bird are fabulous!  And I adore your Runes Project to pieces!

@tiamatfire: Roar Gryffindor!  Welcome Back 3rd Year tiamatfire!  And YUM cookies for the Common Room and gluten-free!  As a GF peep who is missing holiday cookies, please share recipe/link if you have it.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012 01:58:46 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #248 on: December 10, 2012 01:54:30 PM »

~*Congratulations jillybeans!*~
~*You are the first to earn the Charms Badge!*~

To claim your badge, right click and save to your computer.  Then, you can do whatever you wish with it.  Ideas on how to show-off your badges: use it as an avatar, put it in your profile under Brief Bio, or create a pinterest board for all your badges. 

*Once revealed, a class badge can be found in the Badge Station.*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #249 on: December 10, 2012 02:19:56 PM »

Oooh, love the stripey mitts PenguinSoup!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

It does not due to dwell on lists and forget to craft.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 148 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Light Szechuan Pork Stir Fry Recipe
How to Stir-Fry Meat and Vegetables Asian-Style
How to Make Hot, Crispy Chicken Wings with Peppers
Spicy Asian Chicken and Noodle Soup Recipe
How to Make Cheesy Ramen Noodles
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...