A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,531
Currently Running With Scissors:
301 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 148
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 188518 times)
Tags for this thread: alchemy , harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Naantje
« Reply #230 on: December 09, 2012 11:46:47 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: December Detention in the Dungeons
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Galifreyan Cherry Pip Pad Cover
Project Page Link (if available): http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=417730.msg4942703#msg4942703
Brief Description:
We're having an anonymous, lucky dip Christmas swap at another forum I am a member of. I drew the name of a Doctor Who fangirl (and on the other forum I'm a member of, I got a Doctor Who fanboy, hence all the Doctor Who crafts lately Tongue) and since I'm pretty adamant about gifts being not only fun and beautiful, but also practical, I bought a heating pad and made a custom slip cover. It closes with velcro in the back. The Galifreyan script spells out the recipients name in Sherman's Galifreyan. I normally prefer Doctor's Cot Galifreyan, but Sherman's is a lot easier to embroider!
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
ErinAquaheart
« Reply #231 on: December 10, 2012 04:02:42 AM »

Okay. I am new to craftster. My girlfriend has been a member here for a while, she is TechnicolorAquahearts, and she has been encouraging me to join. So here I am!  I am super excited about joining the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and putting my crafting talents up to the challenges listed in all of the wildly interesting classes. I am still trying to pick a house so I will post that info as soon as I can make up my mind.

I just wanted to introduce myself to the board so that everyone knows that I am a separate person from my girlfriend even though we share the same computer, work space, and (often times) the same craft ideas. I also wanted to make sure that the community knows that I work very hard to develop my own individual style.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
noodle-bug
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #232 on: December 10, 2012 04:15:01 AM »

The necklaces are for christmas for various sister / sister in laws / aunts ect. I usually do repeats of the same projects for christmas, just in different colourways or sizes. I don't know what's come over me this year, I'm usually done with christmas crafting by now!! but that's all the girls done, just a few bits for my other half now

Love all the onesies!  Especially the elephant, kneezle and butterfly - lovely work Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #233 on: December 10, 2012 05:13:09 AM »

Allo Erin! Welcome aboard! Was your Hogwarts express ride pleasant?

Naantje, I don't know anthing about doctor who, but this is a pretty  desing Smiley

WhistleFish; the trickiest part must be to keep my children's finger off of them! ahah. They also made a couple of wineglass to give to my mom, a wine lover. It's pebeo paint made for glass; 160vitrea. You cast a dryer spell on them then an inflamo OR you wait 24h for the paint to dry and then pop them into a regular muggle oven at 160C for 45 min.

Don't worry noodle-bug, I'm behind too. Must have to do with the fact that my BF accidently throw some of my wool supplies in the garbage...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

« Reply #234 on: December 10, 2012 06:25:38 AM »

AH! So much catching up to do!! I apparated (don't I wish!) to Virginia this weekend for my Aunt's Dessert Party. She made like 12 amazing cakes, and yes, I attempted to try them all! I think I actually only made it through 8!

pottermouth - LOVE your paper cutouts and the Hogwarts crest ornament is amazing!! I'm sure I'll be saying something similar when I make it over to the swap gallery!

noodle-bug - love that sample album cover. I agree that a crafty photo album is a great idea!

TechnicolorAquahearts - very cute owl pin!

Patty - love your animal glove. Looks perfect for Old McDonald's Farm to me! How great that you are donating it! I need to get on my Christmas charity donations! And I love your tea-stained pages. I've been wanting to try that forever!

Naantje - weeping angels make a perfect xmas ornament. One of these days I'll sit down and try to make it further into Dr. Who...

SKooKuM - adorable little bird dress!

Eiseldora - wow, you are always super productive! Christmas is the time to crank out those projects...wish I was as good at getting all those gifts made!

MamanTattoo - LOVE those glasses!! I thought I would hate painting on glass, but when I tried it I found it super fun. Don't give up on it, your glasses came out great!!

WhistleFish - AH! Cuteness overload with your ear flap hats!! The pic of your family trio would be a great xmas card!

Phew! I feel a little bit better now. Off to update house points as soon as I add a few projects to help out my fellow Gryffindors!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

« Reply #235 on: December 10, 2012 06:30:54 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Potions
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Tiny Pillow Ornaments
Project Page Link (if available): N/A
Brief Description: Every year I make a "DJ" ornament for the grandparents and great-grandparents. This year, I decided to turn one of DJ's drawings into an ornament. I traced it onto some muslin with a fabric pen and then made it into a tiny pillow. Just under 4x4 to be exact!
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Transfiguration
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: "Warm Winter Wishes" Cards
Project Page Link (if available): N/A
Brief Description: Here's a preview of my Holiday Cards this year! I made 30 yesterday. Now to address and mail them!
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged
TechnicolorAquahearts

Proud Slytherin in the HP Summer Craftalong!

« Reply #236 on: December 10, 2012 06:44:09 AM »

Abbeeroad- I love your pillow ornament! I love the idea of turning childrens art into a project like that! And that stitched card is so cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

etsy: www.lynnaquaheart.etsy.com
Like me on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/AquaheartStudios
Follow Me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/LynnAquaheart
I have a blog about all things creative! http://lynnaquaheart.blogspot.com
Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #237 on: December 10, 2012 07:05:51 AM »

30 cards??? Wow!! You should submit it to the gemini challenge too!
the tiny pillow is very cute.

now I should close the computer now that I found what I wanted to my to the in-laws. I'm commenting here way too often. Not productive!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #238 on: December 10, 2012 07:35:08 AM »

A Crafty Storm Hits Hogwarts Whilst Headmistress is Away! Cool
...so much fabulous to catch up on...let's me grab my coffee & grits and settle in...

@pattyo: Badge you but didn't comment yet on your HP Book Ornaments...fab use of your divination skills

@SKooKuM: Welcome to Hogwarts!  Adorable Avis!
Not quite sure if I ever left lol XD
I know what you mean....Hogwarts is my home! Grin

@noodle-bug: I adore all your necklaces...they are as cute as a button Wink  And Headmistress Hugs for combining your classes into one post; makes tinyurling and updating a breeze. Kiss

@Eisedora: You've been busy; what a cute collection of projects.  Also, 1 project cannot count for 2 classes; I am putting your onesie as Transfiguration; notify me if you would rather it be Muggle Studies.

I hear that the Head Mistress was also under the weather- I hope she is feeling better, too!
It is Deputy Headmistress jennie who needs our get well blessings for her knee.  Feel Better Soon jennie! Kiss

Holy smokes Ravenclaw is leaving everyone else in the dust! **faints**
Don't fret, we have time to catch up. Grin  

@Maman: Gorgeous Glasses!

@Ant Bee: YAY SPEW!!!  Such great knitted items!  I'm especially in love with the mitts. Grin

@WhistleFish: The. Most. A-DOR-A-BLE Hats!!!!

@Naantje: ♥ ♥ LOVE!

@ErinAquaheart: Welcome to Hogwarts!  I'm thrilled you are joining!  I can't wait to see your crafty magic! Grin

@Abbee: Love the Artwork Ornament, such a wondrous keepsake!  And fab work on the exactness of your Shrinking Potion. Cool  And your cards are just lovely.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #239 on: December 10, 2012 07:42:58 AM »

~*Friendly Headmistress Reminder*~

Hello dear students!  I wanted to give a few House Points reminders since it's a new thing for this semester.

1. You can only earn points for the first class or challenge you turn in.  This includes House Pride & House Unity.  The ONLY exception to this rule is SPEW items.  You can turn in SPEW aka charity items as often as you like.  They can be stand alone pieces, which will earn 10 points, or they can be class/challenge bonus points. 

2. One project cannot earn points for 2 or more classes/challenges. 

3. If you combine a class and a challenge to earn your badges and later craft a stand alone piece for the class/challenge, don't worry; I will update your House Points appropriately.

Do feel free to post any & all projects inspired by the HPC, but since House Points are new this semester, I wanted to make sure these guidelines were clear.  PM me if you have any questions. Grin
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012 07:54:39 AM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 148 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Choose Crochet Projects
How to Choose Crochet Patterns
How to Choose a Filet Crochet Pattern
How to Buy Crochet Supplies
How to Add Crochet Embellishments to Clothing
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...