A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,213
Currently Running With Scissors:
542 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 148
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 186262 times)
Tags for this thread: alchemy , harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TechnicolorAquahearts

Proud Slytherin in the HP Summer Craftalong!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #180 on: December 08, 2012 10:11:16 AM »

Thanks! That Invigoration Draught will definitely come in handy! I will post pics at least at the end of each week, for progress reports.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

etsy: www.lynnaquaheart.etsy.com
Like me on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/AquaheartStudios
Follow Me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/LynnAquaheart
I have a blog about all things creative! http://lynnaquaheart.blogspot.com
FreakieGeekie
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #181 on: December 08, 2012 11:19:35 AM »

Thanks, I thought so. I was able to steal borrow some fabric from my mom's craft stash. I'm going to make him a few outfits and try something new on his hair.

EDIT: I returned my mom's fabric. I found an old white sheet that I can use for his base.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012 01:53:12 PM by FreakieGeekie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #182 on: December 08, 2012 04:03:25 PM »

TechnicolorAquahearts, I'm very looking forward to see what you draw!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

« Reply #183 on: December 08, 2012 05:04:46 PM »

Wanders from bedchamber looking green

Erggh... You guys, I think I've been slipped a Weasley product! I think it was the dog because she stands to make out like a bandit should I fail. I lost a whole day today, and Moaning Myrtle has been unbearbale with all the laughing. I barely have the energy to type this never mind stitch and sew.... *hiccup* blerggh.  I'm going to take some of the productivity draught from Whistlefish in the hopes that it speeds up the getting better process.  And then tomorrow I will hopefully be able to make up frolost time.  In the meantime, thanksto Abee, Pinkleo, noodlebug and whistlefish for the words of encouragement! And welcome new Slytherins... I'll make better crafty comments when I can see straight.

*moans and wanders back to bed...*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
WhistleFish
« Reply #184 on: December 08, 2012 06:47:22 PM »

@patty_o_furniture: Cute bows! The polka dot is my favorite.

@TechnicolorAquahearts: Such detailed plans for your OWL! I love it! I can't wait to see some in-progress pictures once you get a couple finished. And welcome! Slytherin is lucky to have you. Smiley

@Ant Bee: Oh dear. I hope the drought helps! Feel better soon!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

« Reply #185 on: December 08, 2012 08:40:02 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Apparition
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Stash-Busting Face Scrubbers
Project Page Link: 200 Crochet Blocks for Blankets, Throws, and Afghans
Brief Description: Until I have mastered the Tergeo charm, I figured I should knit and crochet some washcloths to carry with me. Traveling by the Floo Network is sooty business! Some of the cloths are possibly large enough to clean up after a messy splinching, but the Accidental Magic Reversal Squad probably has a more efficient way to deal with that.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

TechnicolorAquahearts

« Reply #186 on: December 08, 2012 08:43:59 PM »

I have been doing research for my OWL I am working on for alchemy, and I found some great quotes about fire, earth, air, and water. I thought I would share a few here and spread the inspiration!
"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire" -Ferdinand Foch
"Nothing is softer or more flexible than water, yet nothing can resist it." -Lao Tzu
"A nation that destroys its soil destroys itself." - Franklin D. Roosevelt
"All things have the same breath, the beast, the tree, the man...the air shares its spirit with all the life it supports." - Chief Seattle
"Adversity is like a strong wind, it tears away from us all but the things that cannot be torn, so that we see ourselves as we really are" - Arthur Golden
"What is the good of your stars and trees, your sunrise and the wind, if they do not enter into our daily lives?" E.M. Forster
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the_essence
« Reply #187 on: December 08, 2012 10:45:04 PM »

!!~ NOTE: If you are lylmousy please do not read this post otherwise your surprise may be ruined! ~!!

OWL Subject: Charms
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name:  Charming Amigurumis!

Brief Description: For my OWL I will be learning three different charms, and in order to learn each charm I will craft a corresponding amigurumi. I've only ever made one knitted item (a big scarf) and I have never made a crocheted project before, so first I have to teach myself to crochet and make amigurumis.

I will start with the Confundus charm because I must begin by demystifying  crocheting and making amigurumis Smiley For the Confundus charm I'll craft a simpler ami, tentatively a cupcake ami. For my second charm I will master Immobulus by studying the best - the weeping angels from Doctor Who. And finally, I have chosen Depulso (the banishing charm) for my third charm. I will practice Depulso by crafting a dalek, because everyone knows the only way you can really "win" against a dalek is by making sure it is nowhere near you. I hope these will end up being swap-worthy!

preg_replace('/(.{49})/', '$1 ', '______________________________________________________________________________________________')

pottermouth - love the ornament! It's very elegant Smiley

noodle-bug - holy moly those socks! And there is ALWAYS room for cheerleaders/mascots on the team! Rah-rah-ravenclaw!

patty_o - those bows are adorable! I especially like the polka dots one Smiley

Ant Bee - I hope you feel better! Sending a pepperup potion your way!

TechnicolorAquahearts - oh wow I LOVE those quotes, they're beautiful. I can't wait to see what you do with them!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012 10:47:34 PM by the_essence » THIS ROCKS   Logged

the_essence
« Reply #188 on: December 09, 2012 01:42:29 AM »

ATTENTION ALL RAVENCLAWS!
Preparations are starting for the upcoming Quidditch season!

As it is the off-season, the Ravenclaw Quidditch team will be holding training sessions to help us prepare for next semester's competitive season. These training sessions will not only help prospective team members hone their Quidditch skills and see which positions suit them best, but it will also help build House morale.  Cheesy

Whether you plan on trying out for the team next semester, or cheering in the stands with a loud eagle hat, all Ravenclaws are encouraged to participate! As a reward for participating, each student will receive one Ravenclaw Sapphire for every completed training session.

NOTE: You will NOT receive House Points for completing training sessions unless the project is also submitted to a class.

On that note... why don't we kick off the off-season with our first training session!
preg_replace('/(.{49})/', '$1 ', '______________________________________________________________________________________________________________')

Training Session 1: Let's take the OFFENSIVE!
Ended Saturday, December 29th

Let's start by drilling our offensive players! For this training session:
- help our seeker train by crafting something golden or that catches the eye
  OR
- help our chasers perfect their plays by crafting something that is red, includes the "weave" maneuver, or comes in a set of three.

Hope to see you on the Quidditch Pitch!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013 02:30:40 PM by the_essence » THIS ROCKS   Logged

TechnicolorAquahearts

« Reply #189 on: December 09, 2012 05:13:55 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Transfiguration
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Originally designed hand stitched felt owl pin or brooch
Project Page Link (if available): Will post tutorial in Needlecraft section of craftster right after I make this post
Brief Description: This fits the transfiguration assignment because I conjured a bird out of thin air using only my own ideas.
Project Picture:

As witches and wizards we use owls all the time, our relationship with owls is very important to the every day business of the wizarding world. I made this brooch to celebrate the wonderful contribution that owls have made to our society, and to remind people that to proper treatment and care for owls is of the utmost importance.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 148 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Sewing Patterns
How to Make a Kaleidoscope
How to Make a Wrist Corsage
How to Sew a Hem
How to Fold Paper for a Paper Football
Latest Blog Articles
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...