A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 296,687
Currently Running With Scissors:
664 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 148
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 181611 times)
Tags for this thread: alchemy , harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #150 on: December 06, 2012 07:37:58 PM »

@PenguinSoup Tricky spell entrelac...well done!  And adore the hat, but what is this "finished early" that you speak of Cheesy ...Feel better soon! Kiss

@Maman Way to pack a punch in one tiny sweater!  Man, can the weekend get here faster so I can CRAFT!!!!!  (Homeschooling is fast & furious before the holiday break...yes, we are taking all the time off...YAY!!!)  Now, I need to get a spot on the quidditch team! (trying to calm myself that if all the spots are taken that I can always cheer....:::sigh:::)

@Abbee: Perfect Runes Homework! Cool

HUZZAH the_essence!!!

@indigo_roses: Wowzers! Shocked You've been busy!  (as a good Ravenclaw student should Wink)  LOVE all the HP ornaments!!! Grin  And Kiss for posting all in one post, makes my class updates much easier!

« Last Edit: December 06, 2012 07:38:33 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #151 on: December 06, 2012 07:41:49 PM »

~*Congratulations Abbeeroad!*~
~*You are the first to earn the Study of Ancient Runes Badge!*~

To claim your badge, right click and save to your computer.  Then, you can do whatever you wish with it.  Ideas on how to show-off your badges: use it as an avatar, put it in your profile under Brief Bio, or create a pinterest board for all your badges. 

*Once revealed, a class badge can be found in the Badge Station.*

THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #152 on: December 06, 2012 07:44:00 PM »

~*Congratulations PenguinSoup!*~
~*You are the first to earn the Defence Against the Dark Arts Badge!*~

To claim your badge, right click and save to your computer.  Then, you can do whatever you wish with it.  Ideas on how to show-off your badges: use it as an avatar, put it in your profile under Brief Bio, or create a pinterest board for all your badges. 

*Once revealed, a class badge can be found in the Badge Station.*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WhistleFish
« Reply #153 on: December 06, 2012 09:00:37 PM »

@PenguinSoup: I might have a check out that book. I think I might make learning to knit my Charms project. Your scarf is lovely! It really takes on a new look once you see it in action. It's a lot thicker than it appears when it's just the scarf. So warm looking! So is that hat. You are a knitting machine lately!

@Everyone: Thank you for the compliments regarding my little birdies! They're happily chirping on my Christmas tree. (And pinkleo - thanks for the badge!)

@MamanTattoo:
What a cuuuuute wee little sweater!

@Abbeeroad:
Ahhhhh! That swaddler is so cute! What a lovely gift (and useful!). We have some store bought swaddle sacks that we still use every night and my daughter's 5 1/2 months old. Hopefully they use yours just as often. What a special gift. And I totally think it counts as a commemoration.

@the_essence: Congrats on Ravenclaw Quidditch captain. Some friendly competition!

@indigo_roses: So many cute ornaments. I think the sugar quills may be my favorite. So sparkly!

And now for my newest project which has taken me days 'cause there was baking and sealing and painting and then more sealing....
Class/Challenge/House Pride: Study of Ancient Runes
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Luna's 1st Christmas ornaments
Project Page Link (if available): http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=417645.0
Brief Description: I used my crafty magic to commemorate a person and an event. Luna's very first Christmas. I think I'm in love with these ornaments. So precious. I hope they last a good long while. I want to remember her hands being this little (and they're already so much
Project Picture: (Sorry for the crappy picture. I just couldn't wait until good lighting to post. Tongue)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #154 on: December 06, 2012 09:22:31 PM »

Hello, Crafty Friends, You've all been so busy and with such great projects!  There are about a dozen posted since my last post and they are all really fun! That map is outstanding, and the knitting is all looking great- Naantje I know you'll achieve that OWL, you're in Slytherin which, according to the Sorting Hat, will help you on your way to greatness, afterall!  And, seriously, PenquinSoup I want an admission of Time Turner usage, and I want it now!

Meanwhile, back in my bedchamber... after a fine evening of tearing around, Muppet arms waving, through a sea of unfinished projects (which all have the same due date, The Holidays) and hyperventilating what sounds like "OHMYGOSHOHMYGOSH.ON LY19DAYSTILCHRiSTMA SOHMYGOSH!?!" I have determined that dramatic action is necessary.

You see, I have been stalling on three important projects out of fear. Fear! And we all know that is not the Hogwarts way!  (Well, unless you're Quirrell, and nobody wants his fate...) So, I talked it out with my partner and we figure there's only one thing to do. That's right, I'm making The Unbreakable Vow. *SFX: Wooshy sounds and what sounds like a dog whimpering*

Therefore, I hereby report that I have made the promise to face Monday with progress on not one, not two, but all three of these projects having been made between now and hence.  What's that? You want proof?  Here's a close-up of us right before the connection was complete:

Forgive the grainy quality of the shot, but when making dire promises one likes to have a bit of ambiance.  What's that you ask? Oh, didn't I mention, my partner-in-crafts is a puppy?  What she lacks in the ability to read and opposable thumbs she more than makes up for in moral support and unexpected spleen jumps in the mornings.

Now I know you're thinking, "Ant Bee! No! Not The Unbreakable Vow it's- gulp- unbreakable!" Not to worry,  I checked it all out and it turns out that making the vow with a puppy is much more agreeable to long-term survival then when you pact with another witch or wizard.  You see, it turns out that in the unlikely event that I fail, rather than death, I will instead be subjected to heinous quantities of Frisbee throws, ruthless beach walks in freezing weather during odiferous low tides and burdened with providing a bottomless bag of biscuits- all while withering under the most disappointed Puppy Dog Eyes ever recorded.

So, anyhoo, wish me luck and don't worry, "I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested."  Wink
(That's a little Big Bang Theory humor for you folks playing at home...)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012 07:55:58 AM by Ant Bee » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
FreakieGeekie

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

« Reply #155 on: December 06, 2012 10:25:48 PM »

OWL Subject & Option: Defense Against the Dark Arts, Option 2
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Snuggly Snape
Brief Description: I'm going to make a small plushie of Prof. Snape, who finally got the DADA position that he had coveted for so long.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the_essence
« Reply #156 on: December 06, 2012 10:44:28 PM »

Thanks guys! Can't wait to start getting ready for Quidditch season!  Cheesy

And wow such great stuff already! WhistleFish those ornaments are so adorable and PenguinSoup I love your take on a Ravenclaw scarf, subtly nerdy is my favorite! Melissaurus the map is amazing, I would so read your series Smiley Naantje, that TARDIS is beautifulll and pottermouth that zero hat could not be cuter. Only to name a few! FreakiGeekie a plushie Snape sounds too cute XD I can't wait to see the finished product!

I've got to get working apparently!

Ravenclaws, look out for some Quidditch info soon  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FreakieGeekie

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

« Reply #157 on: December 06, 2012 11:10:05 PM »

Snape is going to be simple and cute. I'm making him from alova suede.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

« Reply #158 on: December 07, 2012 05:53:10 AM »

Congrats, the_essence! I can't wait for our first Gryffindor/Ravenclaw Quidditch match!

indigo_roses - love your HP tree and all the goodies you made to go on it!! Looks great.

PenguinSoup - very quick and clever way to defeat a Kappa!

WhistleFish - I just love your ornaments!! I did the same for DJ's first Christmas, but I love the contrast with the red, green, and white. Wish I'd thought of that!

Ant Bee - you are a MASTER of the cheering charm. haha...good luck with your unbreakable vow!!

FreakieGeekie - can't wait to see your snuggly Snape!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #159 on: December 07, 2012 07:52:13 AM »

@WhistleFish: awwww...so cute and so perfect of your Runes Assignment.

@Ant Bee: Cheesy I adore you to pieces!  Best of luck on your vow!  And YAY BBT! Cool

@FreakieGeekie: ~*OWL Approved*~ A Snuggly Snape....this shall be a tricky spell indeed. Wink  I am sending you a bag of Pygmy Puff Stuffing; it will make your snuggly as cuddly as a pygmy puff.  Sending blessings of luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 148 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Irrational Exuberance Painting by Carolyn Oberst
Sock Dolls Dance Painting by Carolyn Oberst
Kachina Spirit Painting by Carolyn Oberst
Stepping Out Painting by Carolyn Oberst
Roberts & Tilton At Art Basel Miami Beach
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...