A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 300,874
Currently Running With Scissors:
630 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 148
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 204841 times)
Tags for this thread: alchemy , harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #90 on: December 04, 2012 07:43:37 AM »

I'm proud to announce that MamanTattoo has been tapped as the Gryffindor Quidditch Captain! I know she has lots of fun stuff in store for the Gryffindor Quidditch Team this Winter. Keep an eye out for it!

Congratulations, MamanTattoo!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #91 on: December 04, 2012 08:16:16 AM »

I think I've decided on my NEWT; it is something I have bought all the supplies for but never got around to making (mostly because I usually avoid projects that require joining....I procrastinate like crazy when joining squares.  This NEWT will definitely be good motivation to get it done).

NEWT Subject: Muggle Studies
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: La Push Blanket
Brief Description: I shall be demonstrating my detailed knowledge of muggles through one of their most beloved motion pictures movies, "Twilight".  I have successfully infiltrated their ranks without detection for each installment of this series.  And to celebrate my success, I will be crocheting up a La Push Blanket.  I will be using a pattern on Ravelry by Amanda Lewis; I will be adapting this pattern to represent the colors shown in the film.  The yarn I will use is Caron Forest Green, Pale Green, and White. 
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012 08:19:22 AM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Audania1
Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #92 on: December 04, 2012 08:29:37 AM »

Pinkleo I love that blanket!

And I love all the tiny little things! Plus, anyone who can knit more than one line get's an A+ in my book Wink (I am the worlds slowest knitter.....)

OWL Subject & Option(if available): Charms
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Geminio Charm Cookbook
Brief Description:
My best friend just got married this year and I have two other friends who have gotten married within the last year and a half. None of them have done much cooking prior to marriage and I totally remember what that felt like. So, for my OWL, I propose to make three separate cookbooks with the same recipes in it of ones that my family and I love. I will be writing all of the recipes by hand on 3 x 5 cards (I dont own a printer) and plan on having at least 50 recipes in each cookbook. There is no way I woul have these done before Christmas as it will take at least 3 weeks to do, even if I copied 3 recipes per book a day. Luckily, two of the recipients birthdays are in the beginning of February and the third will just receive a happy surprise in the mail.  Wink
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012 09:04:58 AM by Audania1 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #93 on: December 04, 2012 09:44:07 AM »

ATTENTION GRYFFINDORS!
Quidditch Tryouts are now open!
~To try out to be part of our quidditch team, you have to present a creation that has something to do with quidditch.
~Once you complete the challenge, you can claim your position in the ones left and you will be rewarded a Ruby.
~This challenge is very compatible with the Scavenger Hunt extras.
~Your captain will schedule Quidditch Practice during the trimester (think OTQT -One tiny Quidditch thing!) to keep you alarm until school quidditch comes back.

Posts to fill:
Beaters: 2 1 spot
Chasers: 3 2 1 spot
Keeper: 1 spot
Seeker: 1 spot

Tryouts open for gryffindor only. project can be shown here in the main thread.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012 07:33:36 PM by MamanTattoo - Reason: update position list :) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
Naantje
« Reply #94 on: December 04, 2012 10:10:29 AM »

Wow Audania, such a nice thing to do! I remember how much work it was to make my friend a personal cookbook. Shes originally from Ukraine and when her entire family was granted Belgian citizenship, I compiled a cookbook full of recipes for local cuisine, including comments for occasions / how we liked it. I absolutely can't stomach hutsepot myself for example, but it's a traditional dish, so I did include it. It was so much work, especially since my handwriting isn't all that beautiful and keeping it neat and tidy was a big effort on its own.

Welcome, FreakieGeekie! Beautifully executed shrinking solution, I can tell somebody will be currying favor with Snape and Slughorn.

My Charms homework is coming along slowly but steadily, I'm knitting a striped scarf (maroon and black) for my boyfriend. Sixty stitches wide, ribbed pattern (3knit3purlx10) on circular needles because they're much more portable. This is my second knitting project, and the first one where I'll actually be doing my stitches correctly. My first project, I apparently did a garter stitch with twisted knit stitches XD I'm getting some routine now, the pace is picking up, but I have definitely been confunded and there are some slight errors in my work. I'm at 17cm so far, so that's what, about a tenth of the final length?

I'm actually wondering if I shouldn't drop my Potions owl (my fianc and I can't really agree on my bouquet, so it's on hold) and turn this scarf into a Charms OWL. I've already been knitting for 2 weeks now to get those first 17 centimeters. So it's definitely a long time engagement for this knitting newbie.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
PenguinSoup
Tutorial Contributor

Reject only your ignorance, and you may survive.

« Reply #95 on: December 04, 2012 10:15:25 AM »

Good for you Naantje! A scarf is a huge undertaking for a new knitter. It's a massive test of patience. I've been knitting for three or four years now and am just working on my first scarf and it's taking forever!! I believe in you and hope you're enjoying your new craft!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #96 on: December 04, 2012 11:06:26 AM »

Huzzah for the Gryffindor Quidditch Captain ...nice to see the lions keeping up their quidditch skills during the winter. Cool

@Audania1 ~*OWL approved*~ Such a thoughtful OWL!  I'm sending my denoted copy of Charm Your Cheese.  If your friends happen to be muggle, I'm sure you can adapt them to muggle cheeses easily.  Sending you blessings of luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: December 04, 2012 12:09:47 PM »

Note from the Deputy Headmistress...

For any of you who were in the Fall Semester of the HPC, please note that there is one last announcement that has been posted.   It is that of the Special Award for Services to the School! Please be sure to check it out to see who won.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #98 on: December 04, 2012 12:28:57 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: December Challenge
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: NBC Gift Set
Project Page Link (if available): Zero pattern
Brief Description: Finally finished Zero and a wee Jack hat for a baby shower gift. (the baby isn't even born so I am ahead for a change!) The baby shower is Nightmare Before Christmas themed so I figure these should do.
As it has looked for a month  Undecided:

And completed today:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Naantje
« Reply #99 on: December 04, 2012 12:33:06 PM »

Challenge: Geminio
House: Slytherin
Project Name: TARDIS paper towel cover
Project Page Link (if available): http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=417525.0
Brief Description:
For this project - which I had also intended for the Apparition assignment in the fall semester, but realised I couldn't do that because I wanted it do be a part of this month's craft challenge - I duplicated the TARDIS (also known as: sexy, but only when we're alone) This example is made from plastic canvas and yarn, and since it's bigger on the inside, it can hold a near-endless supply of paper towels.
Disclaimer: Paper-towel supply is not, in fact, endless, but this cover will fit a full size roll of paper towels, which should last a decent amount of time for those not very accident prone.
Project Picture:

I've contacted the OWL examiners about dropping out for my Potions OWL, so here is my new, official proposal:

OWL Subject & Option(if available): Charms - Confundus
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Striped Boyfriend Scarf
Brief Description: I will take maroon and black yarn and knit my boyfriend a ribbed, striped scarf. For a newbie knitter, performing each stitch (knit/purl) with the right technique, as well as working the right pattern and making colour changes still confuses the heck out of me. Working this project will demistify knitting to me Smiley
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012 12:10:37 PM by Naantje » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 148 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Shoot Landscape Photos
How to Shoot Photos on a Night Out
How to Shoot Action Photos
How to Shoot Beach Photos
How to Shoot Photos of Buildings
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Super Easy Peppermint Bark
Handmade Gift Ideas: Grey & Plum Button Wreath
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...