A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,640
Currently Running With Scissors:
640 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 148
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 181261 times)
Tags for this thread: alchemy , harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2012 02:39:25 PM »

OWL Subject: Muggle Studies
House: Gryfindor
Project Name: Merida and her brother
Brief Description: I will draft a pattern to create a dress similar to one of the muggle's newest princess story Merida is wearing in the begining of the "movie". I will make the linen underdress and and intricate overdress. This wouldn't be enough for 3 weeks, so I will also craft a wig similar to the way I make doll hair: I will crochet a cap and enter each hair individually. I will need to curl every hairs with the broom&boilling method. I already did a carquois out of leather and some arrows with dowels and mini-pompom. I need to find a better bow then the dollar store plastic one. But this wouldn't be enough, so I propose doing a companion look for my daughter's brother similar to Merida's brother. A kilt, and a woolen shirt. I will need to hunt for the perfect plaid in thrifstore or online. I will also make the huge leather belt and find or make the huge belt buckle. IF all that isn't enough (didn't reach 3 weeks) I engage in doing 3 amiguruni bears as well, OR a crocheted bear hat for my son. I also want to sew/needle felt the witch's cake. AND find a way to make a/some Wisps. I was tiking amigurumi, but any ideas of yours would be helpfull.

(meh. I actually don't like it... I plan making one much more accurate!)

...I'm happy to see you Abbeeroad!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012 04:06:21 PM by MamanTattoo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
pottermouth
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2012 06:32:55 PM »

Holey woolen sock, Dumbledore! Six pages of excitement already! I need one of those bottle openers to get me through the holidays... Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WhistleFish
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2012 06:50:41 PM »

Edited to include: I'm super excited for this semester. I turned into a bit of a slacker during Fall Semester. I have many plans though. I've been a crafting addict lately. I must live up to the greatness of my fellow Slug Club members. Smiley It's good to have a fresh start for schooling.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Alchemy
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Black and White Raiders Fleece Blanket
Brief Description: BMade my dad this Raiders fleece blanket today. Sewed the black fleece to the Raiders fleece, turned it right side out and top stitched it. It's roughly twin bed size. Below it's sitting on our queen-sized bed. (With Ms. Luna making an appearance. She really likes the black and white contrast.)
Project Picture:
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012 06:53:54 PM by WhistleFish » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2012 07:25:37 PM »

This weekend has been chock full of Christmas/Yule crafting and I'm happy to be able to turn in my first assignment! yay!

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Herbology
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Anti-madrake Auditory protection
Brief Description: Prof. Sprout does have auditory protection on hand, of course, but one likes to look cute when gallivanting about the grounds.  This crochet ear-warmer is charmed to be sound resistant in order to protect against fainting spells while repotting juvenile mandrake plants.  It's also really handy for studying in the noisy common rooms!
Project Picture:

It closes in back with a simple button.

It's made with Stitch Nation Alpaca Love yarn in "Lotus" and "Cobblestone." 

(Please pardon the fuzzy pics, I had to use my phone, txt them to a friend, have her email them to me and then post them form my laptop.  Ah, muggle technology...)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2012 05:55:24 AM »

Good to see you, too, MamanTattoo!  I can't wait to see your OWL results!  You always do awesome work for your kiddos. Loved your arithmancy project, too!

Great gift, WhistleFish. And Luna is just too cute!!

Love the colors in your ear protection, Ant Bee! I also like the button closure.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2012 06:15:54 AM »

First things first;
To Headmistress, deputy head and all staff members,
Thank you so much for all your work on Hogwarts last term, and al the effort that has gone into setting this term up. It's really appreciated Smiley

Now, as a true Ravenclaw I am excessively excited about the prospect of sitting a NEWT exam, and I think I know what I want my first subject to be - but I promise I will get my OWL finished before I sign up to any more. It's nearly done, just needs edging - I've tried a few things but nothing has really 'worked' yet... and I am so happy with the rest of it I don't want to spoil it with substandard finishing or hurried design. but I will keep looking!

And  have a couple of homework projects ready to hand in already this term Smiley Had a crafty day at my MiLs yesterday getting on with christmas while I showed her how to make chilli, and got these two projects finished (I think in the run up to christmas you will notice a certain amount of repetition in my crafting, since each year I make everyone in my family a variation on the same item for christmas)

Class: Arithmancy
House: Ravenclaw
Project: Another Knitted necklace
Knitted on a french knitter with 3 pegs Cheesy

Class: History of Magic
Project; More Socks
a second pair in the same wool as my first, since I misread the pattern and brought twice as much wool as I needed! The colours are icy blue, but the socks will keep my brother's feet toasty warm (which means I can hog the fire and sit right in front of it!)
This pair has significantly less holes than the first one! hehe!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2012 06:34:36 AM »

Note from the Deputy Headmistress...

You all may have noticed that the Geminio Challenge is still going from last semester.  It was decided that since the challenge revolves around twins & duplicates, that it simply must run for 2 months!  In addition, I have decided that you may also participate in the Challenge twice!  However, if you do so, you must create two separate projects.  (You cannot make 4 duplicates of a single craft, and have it count twice.)  I will have a second badge made up quite soon that will be for those who complete the challenge a second time.  New badges are up!  

Full details here:  Geminio Challenge
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012 08:28:02 AM by jennieingram » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
PenguinSoup
Tutorial Contributor

Reject only your ignorance, and you may survive.

« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2012 07:50:45 AM »

If you do the Geminio challenge twice, can it be used for a class the second time as well? Or would it count for just the challenge?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2012 07:58:35 AM »

NEWT Subject: Potions
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Hogwarts Castle Dollhouse

Brief Description:
I want to show my complex knowledge of potions by my creation of a shrinking solution so grand that it will shrink the entire Howarts castle. 

I want to recreate the Hogwarts castle and students out of wood pieces on a smaller, doll house scale.  I'll use the unfinished castle from the craft store and sand, paint or stain the outside (undecided), and decorate the interior with various papers and detailed paintings to create different rooms.  I'll also get a bunch of sizes of wood pegs and paint them to look like different characters.  And if time, I'll even use clay to make items to keep in the castle.

I'd like this done by the first week in February for my daughters birthday. This will also have to be done while she's at school and completely put away after each time working on it (will be hard for me, lol).  So I may have to master the invisibility and memory potions while I'm at it. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PenguinSoup
Tutorial Contributor

Reject only your ignorance, and you may survive.

« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2012 08:08:48 AM »

I couldn't knit yesterday since I cut myself while cooking Sad But it did give me a chance to work on my Alchemy homework!

Class: Alchemy
Project Name: Wedding Ornament
Brief Description: I use the black and white of the creation process for the philosopher's stone and turned them into these pretty ornaments. They are clear plastic ornaments with a bit of sparkly fake snow in the bottom. I then cut up my wedding invitation, which is black and white and purple, into strips. I curled the strips and put them and the ribbon from the invitation inside. I'll be giving them to family as part of their Christmas gift,

I am just a finishing machine lately! I've got 2 other projects almost done. Can't wait to post them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 148 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Change Hair Color in Photoshop CS3
How to Add a Bevel or Emboss Blending Option to Text in Photoshop CS3
How to Add a Color Overlay to Text in Photoshop CS3
How to Add a Fill to a Title in Title Designer in Premiere CS3
How to Add a Gradient Overlay to Text in Photoshop CS3
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...