A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 298,682
Currently Running With Scissors:
702 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 148
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 200243 times)
Tags for this thread: alchemy , harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

noodle-bug
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #920 on: January 24, 2013 06:17:08 PM »

my sister's working in the states at the mo so I just messaged her to ask if I could have some chocolate frogs sent to her for re-posting on to me   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
WhistleFish
« Reply #921 on: January 24, 2013 07:22:09 PM »

@tiamatfire: Jingle cuff! How cute!

Alright, finally getting around to posting this:
Class: History of Magic
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Valentine's Day Baby Beanie
Brief Description: I decided to make my little Bean a Valentine's Day hat. It's color red is for all hearts on fire around Valentine's Day and it keeps Luna warm in the ice-y weather. I think it looks slightly odd though (the shape). I think I'm going to add a row or two more to make it a slouchy beanie. We shall see! (Yes, I had to set her on the counter because it was the only light in the apartment that made the hat look somewhat true to color. Don't worry, I had a hold of her!)
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #922 on: January 24, 2013 08:35:06 PM »

Kiss jennie for bringing this cause to our attention! Kiss  And as jennie stated, we are judging no one.  I have signed, but my Pin It button wouldn't work Tongue so I'll try again in the morn. (I have way more followers on pinterest than facebook....I'm a terrible facebooker....that's a word right?....no?...well, it should be Cheesy Wink)

HPCers, I'll be back tomorrow morning to update, comment, and ooooo&ahhhhh. Grin

Also, in HP swap news, the OAHPT (One Awesome Harry Potter Thing) swap is still open for signups.  Stop by for details.  I did want to let y'all know that we have 3 peeps looking for partners.  One is offering up a House Scarf, another is dying to do a painting, and we have a International Witch (Netherlands) searching a partner.  And for all those fretting they are not awesome enough, let me say...YOU ARE AWESOME!  If you craft your best, then that is all that matters.  Alright, if you are interested here is your ~*PORTKEY*~ Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Foxy Sam
« Reply #923 on: January 24, 2013 11:56:28 PM »

OAHPT oh so tempting, but have just started a new term of teaching as well as just starting a course that I am taking in weekends and evenings (any time I am not at work) so can't at the moment. 

Though excited about my course as is an Art and Creativity course so hoping I can do some that will fit into the criteria for classes here so that I can carry on HPC alonging as having lots of fun, watching and chatting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HP Craftalong!
http://pinterest.com/foxysam/
You can check out some of my crochet projects on ravelry if you like:
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/FoxySam
Am interested in personal swaps...pm me
I now have a blog please feel free to visit and see my creations:
http://samscraftycreations.blogsp
pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #924 on: January 25, 2013 06:27:18 AM »

NEWT progress:  
Actually got some work done for Advanced Studies! Last week I took advantage of Teacher Appreciation Days and purchased all the materials I needed, minus the backing. I'm thinking I want to back it with a thick plaid flannel but I don't know if that is a good idea. Anyone know if I could do that successfully? Should I pre-wash the flannel? So yesterday I cut templates out of cardboard, interfaced 22 shirts (I'd rather wash stinky Quidditch socks than do that again), and cut out the shirts. The highlight of the day was discovering I had squirreled away a shirt from our pet shop and I'm adding that one, too.

Forgot to mention the conversation between DH and I:
DH: I've been looking for that shirt.
Me: It's been in the closet for ten years.
DH: Hey! I could still wear that shirt!
Me: I can see you through it.
DH: This is going to be my blanket, right?
Me: You wish. But maybe I'll share...

« Last Edit: January 25, 2013 07:13:03 AM by pottermouth » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

« Reply #925 on: January 25, 2013 07:07:08 AM »

Eiseldora - Cool Star Trek potholder!! One day my fingers might wrap themselves around yarn crafts!

Ant Bee - So glad you enjoyed your trip to FL!!

noodle-bug - Love Boris!!

Jennie - Petition signed! And HP Alliance joined! Bam. I feel better already.

tiamatfire - Jingle cuff! Perfect for an Earwax bean! Love seeing pics of your little girl!!

WhistleFish - Luna is just the cutest. Also love seeing pics of her. And your yarn work is impeccable.

pottermouth - Skiing was great, thanks for asking! Sorry my reply is like 2 pages away....Yay for black interfacing!! Looks like you are coming along! Maybe I'll sneak some work on my NEWT in today if it's slow at work. I would like to use a flannel sheet for my backing as well. I think I read it somewhere as one of the recommended backing materials. But I've never successfully finished a quilt before so what do I know? Any experts in the house?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

« Reply #926 on: January 25, 2013 07:16:53 AM »

pottermouth - Skiing was great, thanks for asking! Sorry my reply is like 2 pages away....Yay for black interfacing!! Looks like you are coming along! Maybe I'll sneak some work on my NEWT in today if it's slow at work. I would like to use a flannel sheet for my backing as well. I think I read it somewhere as one of the recommended backing materials. But I've never successfully finished a quilt before so what do I know? Any experts in the house?
Right there with you. So glad we will tackle the construction and flannel together!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #927 on: January 25, 2013 08:31:33 AM »

~*It's Advanced Studies Friday*~
Show for your OWL/NEWT progress. 
Post a completed OWL/NEWT.
Or Propose an OWL/NEWT. 
Can't wait to see what y'all are working on! Grin

My Advanced Studies Friday Progress...

My NEWT: No progress since last Friday. Sad  I've either been working on my OWL or OAHPT.  PLAN: Work on squares today!

My OWL: I'm on Round 30.  I just have the last ending rounds, which I may modify from pattern.  If I finish before OWL timeline (which would be....Feb. 4), I will work on SPEW projects to fill the time.  Of course no sun today for fab pics Tongue, oh well...my OWL WIP pic. Grin

Now off to grab another cup of coffee & magic quill and update Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

« Reply #928 on: January 25, 2013 08:36:33 AM »

::Looks sadly at her candy souvenirs, packs up her scrolls and heads down to her room.::

NOOOOO!  Ant Bee!  Don't be sad!  That post wasn't to knock you at all my dear.  I am glad you went and hope you had an awesome time.  Don't regret a moment, and don't feel guilty.  I was going to do a post for the HPA anyways.  Yours just became a way to segue.    

Thanks, Jennie. I just wish I hadn't seen that until my rather expensive candy was gone.  I can't eat it now that I know it is made with the blood of stolen children.  [*sigh*  They are right when they say ignorance is bliss...]

But, back to the Thread Topic:

Advanced Study Friday update:
OWL: Photo-Quilt-for-sister-that-is-3-years-in-the-planning-because-I'm-a-lunatic-who-is-somehow-afraid-of-fabric:

Well, over the weekend I had hoped to get a pic of my sister and I which looked good enough to be immortalized on a quilt square and in which I did not look like my dad in drag.  Mission: unsuccessful.  (Seriously, how it is possible that I can look EXACTLY like a 60 year old man in photos is a bit disturbing!) So, I have gone and found some fabric to fill in holes and have chosen a few more old childhood photos to take the place of the forbidden (wedding related) ones.  This weekend I hope to cut the remaining fabric and finally succeed at getting the pics onto fabric nicely. (I have to re-do the ones that I did before because they cracked and are not "clean transfers" so let's hope that practice really does make perfect.  And by perfect I mean "good enough to hand-sew into a big blanket and hang on a wall or something.")

By next Friday's update I hope to have begun piecing the dang thing together, by Merlin's left shoe let's hope I succeed!

« Last Edit: January 25, 2013 08:43:09 AM by Ant Bee - Reason: spelling » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #929 on: January 25, 2013 09:21:22 AM »

:::pinkleo sips her Caramel Coffee, nibbles GF toast made from her first attempt at GF breadmaking...she thinks, "Still needs a bit of tweaking, but makes fine toast," and grabs her Magic Quill.:::

@FreakieGeekie: Fab Thimble!

@Eiseldora: Way to go conquering the Double Knit Spell!  (On my long list to-conquer)

@Ant Bee: Now I'm even MORE excited for my March trip! Grin (lucky for me that I'm saving my Xmas Money for souvenirs)

@noodle-bug: Boris is ADORABLE!!!!

@tia: Jingle cuffs so clever, and love the action picture...so cute! Grin

@WhistleFish: Could that hat & pic be more adorable!!!!  The pom-pom makes the hat. Grin

@pottermouth: clever templates, and your conversation with DH sounds just like one I would have with mine Cheesy

@Abbee: I'm sure an Quilt Witch will be around shortly; if not, I say PM jennie. Cool

@Ant Bee: Sending ((HUGS)) and blessings of quilty luck! Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 148 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Triple Crochet
How to Double Crochet
How to Half Double Crochet
How to Single Crochet
Inexpensive Halloween Decorations
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...