A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 299,128
Currently Running With Scissors:
412 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 148
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 204111 times)
Tags for this thread: alchemy , harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Audania1
Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #890 on: January 22, 2013 03:09:12 PM »

oh jennie. I want to be in your theater so badly right now! Alas, since I cant, I guess I will have to content myself with sorting my two children, husband and dog. Then mayby points could be given (for chores, saying nice things, etc.) and at the end of the month I can decorate in house colors and do a feast of their favorite foods! Oh! I love this and must now look more into it! Cheesy

I have 6 recipes left to go on my OWL! I would have been done but my family got majorly whammed with this nasty head cold that's been going around. Sad Suck. Oh well. I feel like we are more than half way through it though so I'm hoping to get this OWL done by or on tomorrow... if I can write on the flash cards without PND. Ick.

Hope you all are doing fantastically!

And, Pinkleo, you are so inspiring! I feel another OWL or possibly NEWT coming on charity-themed. You know, I'd never really thought of doing crafting for charity before until this thread and now I'm quite excited about it, so thank you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #891 on: January 22, 2013 03:46:19 PM »

I love my students, and they are so amazing.  Every day that make me thrilled with what I do.  One time we found a giant snake puppet in costume storage from a play called Children of Eden.  It's about 30' long, and almost a foot thick.  The kids promptly named it Nagini and decided that it's the shop Horcrux.  Therefore the costume shop can never die.   Cheesy

When we painted some murals to liven the place up 2 years ago, my friend Grace hid a lightning bolt in one for her love of HP.  We also painted a huge skull wearing a crown, with a crossed needle & seam ripper behind them on one wall. For those that wish they could go to school here, I'll give you a mini-tour.  Click on the thumbnails to see bigger versions.

This is a series of signs, drawn freehand by craftster Ex_Gratia.  There's one for our Fitting Room, Dye Room, my office, and one that warns people not to eat in the shop.

Ex_Gratia also head up our mural project.  The first three pictures are in the main shop, above the sewing machines.  The skull is right as you walk in the door.   (And yes, those are gnome hats on the coat rack.  We had a gnome themed dress up day at work one afternoon.)

And finally, we dressed up the wall in my office.  Gave it a coat of teal paint, and covered it in dorky HP & DW posters, hung a weird jeweled cape from the ceiling, and the students and I built ourselves a quilt to keep on the couch for afternoon naps.  (No, we don't nap at work, but the shop workers often come in on their off time to eat lunch there, or use the computer, or just lay on the couch.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #892 on: January 22, 2013 03:55:00 PM »

and.... how do I apply to come and study with you?
That is so awesome.

(WarHorse is touring america soon, next year I think is the plan - so maybe you'll be able to see it then)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013 03:59:09 PM by noodle-bug » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
sakuracat23

Don't make me get the flying Monkeys!!!

View Profile
« Reply #893 on: January 22, 2013 03:55:48 PM »

Pottermouth-I have a smaller "working" piles of yarn scattered around in tote bags and a picnic basket next to my fave chair. So most of the time I can find something when I want it but not always.
CraftyLadyMJ-That hat is beyond awesome!
fiberalchemist-yummm. I agree with you it sounds like the perfect representation of fire and ice
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FreakieGeekie

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

« Reply #894 on: January 22, 2013 06:48:49 PM »

So many awesome crafts! Cheesy
I need to clothe Snape. He has only a shirt right now. I'm just so irritated with him, really. I should have been finished but all those mishaps made me not want to finish him.
Maybe after I finish Eeyore and my swap items I'll get back to him.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #895 on: January 22, 2013 06:56:22 PM »

Kiss Thank you everyone for your Well Wishes Kiss

Now down to serious Hogwarts business....updating! Grin

@krashromance: Love your HoM hat!  And YAY and WAY TO GO on your first HPC project!

@ErinAquaheart: Your OWL is looking AMAZING!  Just WOW!

@indigo_roses: Fabulous Fingerless Mitts!!  Adore the colorway.

@FreakieGeekie: I can't wait to see the finished hoopla!  I fab Bean Project. Grin

@noodle-bug: What a wondrous Avis spell!  Such a great remembrance, and they look fab in their spiffy new frames.  As far as your OWL change to NEWT, unfortunately the Advanced Studies Rules are that you must complete one OWL before attempting a NEWT.  If you would like to discuss this further, please PM both your OWL Examiners, jennieingram and pinkleo.

@jennie: Charming & Pink!  ♥LOVE!♥

@AugustBell: Way to overcome the Spinning Confundus Charm!  I am in awe of all Spinwitches and hope I can conquer this soon!  And your OWL is looking fantastic, but do take care and do your wrist stretches!

@the_essence: ~* Soar Ravenclaw! *~

@FiberAlchemist: Mexican Chocolate Ice Cream....YUM!!!!!!!

@CraftyLadyMJ: Fantastic Hat!  And perfect CoMC project, you've really captured the kneazle. Grin

@sakuracat: ~*OWL Approved*~  Your throw is perfect for a Transfiguration OWL!  I adore the pattern you've chosen (and yay, it's in my library!...adding to my humongous to-craft list), and you most definitely have your supplies in order.  Remember to practice safe wand movements by doing wrist stretches.  I'm sending you some Pumpkin Fizz to keep you energized. Grin  P.S. There is no such thing as too much yarn. Wink

« Last Edit: January 22, 2013 07:01:41 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

AugustBell

« Reply #896 on: January 22, 2013 06:57:34 PM »

Jennie, that looks like an amazing place to work! I'm so sad that I don't have a nice comfy nap couch in my office now...but I'd definitely never get any work done then.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #897 on: January 22, 2013 07:19:05 PM »

you must complete one OWL before attempting a NEWT.

I thought you might say that - was just trying my luck I guess since I feel like I've spent a million billion years* on this darn thing  Grin

*approximate figures only

No worries. I just have to do it a little bit at a time and resist the temptation to pick up more big projects before it's done, since if I get distracted I'll never finish. I'm staying away from the swaps board for one!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
FreakieGeekie

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

« Reply #898 on: January 22, 2013 07:41:32 PM »

Urgh I don't know that I'll be able to finish Eeyore by Thursday! I'm trying my hardest though. If nothing else, I'll give it to her as a late gift.
Also, I just whipped up a thimble for myself. It's a guitar pick hot glued to a piece of felt.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2013 07:45:13 PM by FreakieGeekie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #899 on: January 22, 2013 07:42:21 PM »

you must complete one OWL before attempting a NEWT.

I thought you might say that - was just trying my luck I guess since I feel like I've spent a million billion years* on this darn thing  Grin

*approximate figures only

No worries. I just have to do it a little bit at a time and resist the temptation to pick up more big projects before it's done, since if I get distracted I'll never finish. I'm staying away from the swaps board for one!!
You could suspend crafting on your OWL and propose a new, smaller (3-4week) OWL, and once that was done you could propose a NEWT with your old OWL (WIPs are welcome for NEWTs if remaining crafting time is within the NEWT time frame).  I know how sometimes you lose the muse for a project and need a different project to fill your crafty muses back up; I also know that sometimes we need the encouragement (of any kind) to finish a WIP.  That's one of the things Advanced Studies is good for...Hope that helps!  No matter what, you're awesome! Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 148 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create the Perfect Chignon
Faux Hawk Hair Tutorial
Get Bigger, Voluminous Hair in Seconds
The Perfect Edgy Cut for a Busy Working Mom
How To Get That Perfect, Thick Braid
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...