A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,169
Currently Running With Scissors:
648 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 148
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 185843 times)
Tags for this thread: alchemy , harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

FreakieGeekie
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #810 on: January 17, 2013 03:13:43 PM »

I was also just informed that I lost a blue one too.
Hmm, I think I'll do that: buy enough to spread about the house.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #811 on: January 17, 2013 06:03:11 PM »

::Sticks face out of fireplace grate::

Hey gang!

I'm so excited, I'm packing up my trunk for a jaunt southward to visit the fine village of Hogsmeade (FLA)!  By this time tomorrow I will have hopefully tasted my first JKR approved Butterbeer. Smiley 

I'm hoping I will be greatly inspired while there and will come back to craft my little heart out!

Have a great weekend!

::eyeballs the Draught of Peace mug hug and then rushes off to see which yarns can fit as stow aways for the trip::
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
WhistleFish
« Reply #812 on: January 17, 2013 06:53:26 PM »

@Abbeeroad: Thank you! As for Mario, I'm making myself commit to one hour a week, so it'll be done in a couple years I've decided. Haha.

@AugustBell: How wonderfully cozy your mug hug looks! Green is my favorite color.

@PenguinSoup: Good luck on your sweater! As a non-knitter, both look terribly confusing to me. I must work on my knitting spells.

@noodle-bug: Cute buttons! Gotta love foam!

@tiamatfire: So cute!!!! Go ahead and share the cute without shame! She's adorable. I told my baby girl she can wait to start walking. Haha. I don't know if she'll listen or not. I think I got a couple more months for sure though. She still hasn't crawled. Smiley

@Ant Bee: So jealous!! I hope you have a blast! I'm hoping to go in the next year or two. My grandparents-in-law just bought a winter home around there and they said we could stay there whenever we wanted. Only an hour away from Harry Potterland! I hope you have tons and tons of fun. Enjoy your butterbeer!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #813 on: January 17, 2013 07:26:47 PM »

Your mischief-loving Headmistresses have a new challenge brewing....  Be on the lookout for more information....   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Summer Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #814 on: January 18, 2013 06:29:02 AM »

AugustBell - LOVE the Mug Cozy!! Colors, patch, embroidery, buttons. Love it all!

tiamatfire - ADORABLE! Loved that sweater last semester. What a great shot!

Ant Bee - HAVE FUN!!! AH, so jealous!

New challenge? I haven't gotten a single horcrux yet! I better get my butt in gear!!

You guys are awesome.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #815 on: January 18, 2013 07:34:15 AM »

~*It's Advanced Studies Friday!*~
Show off your OWL/NEWT WIPs, declare an OWL/ NEWT, or cheer on those taking their exams.

...be back in a bit to update, chat, and post OWL & NEWT WIP pics. Cool
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013 07:34:28 AM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

PenguinSoup
Tutorial Contributor

Reject only your ignorance, and you may survive.

« Reply #816 on: January 18, 2013 08:22:44 AM »

~*OWL PROPOSAL*~
OWL Subject & Option(if available):Care of Magical Creatures option 2
House: Rah rah Ravenclaw
Project Name: Norberta Shawl
Brief Description:
I've already started the Clarus shawl by Laura Nelkin. This is a lace work piece in fingering weight yarn.
The edging reminds me of dragons wings and the colour is a green tonal which is reminiscent of dragon scales. I might have to rename this my Norberta Shawl!
I have quite a bit left to go and it's bottom up so there's more and more stitches as I go and I plan on making the biggest size. This should take me until about the end of the semester (I'm actually going to have to try really hard to get it finished by then)

I hope this is an acceptable owl since I've already started. If not, I'll come up with something else.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013 12:26:13 PM by PenguinSoup » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #817 on: January 18, 2013 08:25:00 AM »

Class: Defense Against the Dark Arts
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name: Grownup Ramen

Brief Description:
Kappas are Japanese water demons, and to quote a certain famous wizard, "Devilishly tricky little creatures".  Currently there is a Kappa living in the small pond near my house, and he is constantly thwarting my efforts to plant a new crop of Gillyweed.  Despite this annoyance, he has been extremely good at keeping the Grindylows in check.  Therefore rather than defeat him, I decided I would try to make friends with him in the hopes that he would let me plant on one side of the pond, and I would leave the other side for him.  In an effort to "bridge the gap", pun intended, I invited him in for a Japanese dinner last night.  I made a more traditional Ramen noodle soup for him, instead of the awful, cheap, sodium-filled noodles that college students so adore.  

Project Picture:

Last year my friend Kana, who is from Japan, and I spent some time teaching one another about the cooking of our respective countries.  One of the most important techniques used in Japanese cooking is to prepare each of the ingredients separately, then bring them all together at the end.  For this dish I cooked up some leftover teriyaki pork, sugar snap peas, orange bell peppers, spinach, corn, and green onions.  I then placed the noodles in bowls, topped them with some vegetable broth & soy sauce, then laid the various veggies and meat around the edge of the bowl. Normally, I would post an exact recipe, but this is one that uses whatever you have on hand.  For some great ideas on ramen, check out these two blog posts.  
Ramen Hacks on Serious Eats
Shoyu Ramen on LOL Foodie

Here is what I can tell you for specifics about this dish. Each vegetable cooks *very* quickly.  I sauteed the snap peas with garlic and 2-3 drops of sesame oil.  The spinach was wilted with garlic, a few drops of soy, and some rice vinegar.  The corn & bell pepper were both sauteed with a few drops of soy sauce & garlic.  The noodles were found in the Asian foods section of Kroger, and were very good.  They were on the bottom shelf with some fancy soba and udon noodles.  The pork was a prepared pork loin from Aldi that we had leftovers from.  The broth was organic vegetable with a little soy sauce added, as per package directions on the noodles.  I usually use wakame in my Ramen, which is dried seaweed, and is quite tasty, but I needed to use up some spinach, so feel free to try either one.  If you've never had grown up ramen, I recommend trying it out.  Check out those two blog posts and see what you have already in your kitchen!

~*Advanced Studies Friday!*~
NEWT Progress Update

I have completed the first 15 rows of my Potterwatch Afghan!  As you can see in my picture I've gotten through one band of each of the three colors, and have just started on the second teal band.  I'm feeling good because this is going a bit faster than I had anticipated.  By my calculations I'm about 20% done!  I got about 12-13% done yesterday, but that was because I spent all afternoon and evening sitting in my favorite chair, watching Netflix while working on it.

I do know however that I will be slowed down on my progress, as we start classes again soon.  Getting to spend much of yesterday on it was a rare luxury during break and I fully admit I took advantage of it.  But hey, I did get up early, eat a super healthy breakfast, go to a grueling "Gentle" yoga class, take a walk, get a flu shot, and reward myself with some anti-oxidant filled calorie-free oolong tea.  That has to count for something, right?

I am behind on a few custom orders for my shop, so I'll probably spend the afternoon working on those, and might get in a little time on my NEWT after dinner.  I'm hoping to complete 2 rows tonight.  Wish me luck! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #818 on: January 18, 2013 08:32:20 AM »

New challenge? I haven't gotten a single horcrux yet! I better get my butt in gear!!

You guys are awesome.  Grin

This reply is for everyone, not just the lovely Ms. Abbee...

Remember, the Horcrux Hunt will go on for several semesters, so you have *plenty* of time for it.  Smiley 
And the new challenge will also be an ongoing one, with several different ways & times to participate, as works for your individual schedules.  Wink

And of course, always keep in mind that you are welcome to do any, all, or none of our extra challenges, as you see fit darlings.  They are not here to make anyone feel guilty or pressured.  They are simply there to get those synapses firing and creative crafty juices flowing!
  Viva la HPC!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AugustBell

« Reply #819 on: January 18, 2013 08:48:48 AM »

Oh, Jennie, I am SO happy that you posted this adult Ramen idea. Just this weekend I was grocery shopping and feeling sad that Ramen (guilty pleasure) is not something that fits into my new way of eating. But I can easily adapt your technique to make some for myself. It looks so yummy! And I love your presentation. Eating at home is more fun when it's nicely set up. I'm really envious of that little flower dish. Also, your blanket looks wonderful! I can't imagine how snuggly it's going to be!

PS - Thank you for all the nice comments about my mug cozy! If anyone is interested that yarn is I Love This Wool by Hobby Lobby. I'd been looking for a shade like that for ages, and was so happy to find it there!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013 08:50:30 AM by AugustBell » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 148 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Finish Up a Portrait Drawing
The Fibonacci Project
Revolutionary Art in Cuba Since 1867
What Is Pysanky Ukrainian Art
The History of Cuban Art - Part 1/2
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...