A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 299,134
Currently Running With Scissors:
483 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 148
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 204255 times)
Tags for this thread: alchemy , harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #80 on: December 03, 2012 06:25:11 PM »

I'm fine with it not counting, but since you mentioned the Care of Magical creatures and the stripes, that's a really good idea! I've already got something else planned for herbology. The first will remain the Geminio Challenge and I'll change these socks into Care of magical creatures Smiley
Done! Grin  Those definitely deserves some points. Cool

@Penguinsoup, you're hustling like a true Ravenclaw!
I was thinking the same exact thing today! Cheesy

I love your knitting bag ornament....so adorable, and you certainly have mastered your Shrinking Potion.  Kiss for putting the coin for size reference and for posting pattern link.  Be right back with your badge. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #81 on: December 03, 2012 06:27:50 PM »

~*Congratulations PenguinSoup!*~
~*You are the first to earn the Care of Magical Creatures Badge!*~

To claim your badge, right click and save to your computer.  Then, you can do whatever you wish with it.  Ideas on how to show-off your badges: use it as an avatar, put it in your profile under Brief Bio, or create a pinterest board for all your badges. 

*Once revealed, a class badge can be found in the Badge Station.*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #82 on: December 03, 2012 06:30:05 PM »

~*Congratulations Ant Bee!*~
~*You are the first to earn the Potions Badge!*~

To claim your badge, right click and save to your computer.  Then, you can do whatever you wish with it.  Ideas on how to show-off your badges: use it as an avatar, put it in your profile under Brief Bio, or create a pinterest board for all your badges. 

*Once revealed, a class badge can be found in the Badge Station.*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WhistleFish
« Reply #83 on: December 03, 2012 07:36:32 PM »

~*OWL PROPOSAL*~
OWL Subject & Option: History of Magic Option 3-Craft something using a vintage pattern, material, or technique.
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Crossstitch History of Mario
Brief Description:
I've had my eye on this project for quite some time. I will be combining Muggle Studies and History of Magic. I will be doing a cross stitch of the evolution of Mario. (Cross stitch is a very old technique! And the pixelated Mario design is vintage by now, right? Wink) I've learned of a quick cross stitch spell from Mrs. Weasley. I haven't quite perfected it yet so it may take me a couple weeks to perfect the spell and complete the project. Here's what it should look like when it's finished (although I won't be doing the checkered bit underneath...unless I feel like going all Hermione on this project):

THIS ROCKS   Logged

PenguinSoup
Tutorial Contributor

Reject only your ignorance, and you may survive.

« Reply #84 on: December 03, 2012 08:06:41 PM »

@Ant Bea, the socks are made with self striping yarn. If you can knit in the round, increase and decrease, you can make socks! They're really easy. If you want any help or advice, I'd be happy to help you out Smiley And your ornament is so cute! I want to make a teeny sweater with an itty bitty ball of yarn and tooth picks for knitting needles and put it inside one of the plastic ornaments I have heft over from my wedding ornaments. I think it'd be super cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #85 on: December 03, 2012 08:46:06 PM »

It would be adorable indeed!

I found the perfect yarn to make a Merida wig, and I'll start with that since my sewing machine died. I officially hate her now. How can she do that to me right before Yule???

I had no luck finding glow-in-the-dark yarn or fabric, so I'll have to use glow-in-the-dark paint to make "real" wisp. If only I could use the phosporo spell on it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
FreakieGeekie

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #86 on: December 04, 2012 12:27:12 AM »

Class: Potions
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Shrinking Potion
Brief Description: I have a lovely neon pink purse that I absolutely adore. I decided that it would be the perfect thing to use a shrinking potion on since I wouldn't lose it because of the bright color! Now I need to search through my potions book and find the Swelling Potion recipe so that I can return it to its proper size.
Project Picture:

(It took me half an hour to do this because I've never sewn something so small. I don't know that I want to ever again, either!)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012 02:47:23 AM by FreakieGeekie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheBrokenButterfly
« Reply #87 on: December 04, 2012 05:38:39 AM »

Omgosh, I'm so excited to participate this semester Cheesy I already know what I'll be doing for my Muggles Studies assignment!! I'll be starting as soon as I'm done with all of my finals! Smiley

And I will be in Hufflepuff!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #88 on: December 04, 2012 07:32:58 AM »

@Ant Bea, the socks are made with self striping yarn. If you can knit in the round, increase and decrease, you can make socks! They're really easy. If you want any help or advice, I'd be happy to help you out Smiley And your ornament is so cute! I want to make a teeny sweater with an itty bitty ball of yarn and tooth picks for knitting needles and put it inside one of the plastic ornaments I have heft over from my wedding ornaments. I think it'd be super cute!

Thanks for the tip, PenguinSoup. Your stripes lined up so well I would have sworn you had to manually change colors. nicely done! I think after the holidays are over I'm going to challenge myself to get to The Next Level in knitting (dun, dun, dunnnnnn) the sock! 

And thanks for the compliments on my wee knitting bag.  If you are in need of a sweater pattern, the book Charmed Knits is where I got the pattern for my ornament in the HP Holiday swap. it's a simple Molly Weasley sweater (no cables, etc.) but cute.  And for the needles, in the pattern for the knitting bag orn. they used toothpicks that they then glued tiny beads to the tops to give them "that look" but I used te fancier wooden toothpicks that have an etched design on the ends (which of course isn't visable inthe pic above.) that I thought worked nicely and one less step.

Make sure you post a pic when you are done, I'd love to see it!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #89 on: December 04, 2012 07:35:58 AM »

@WhistleFish ~*OWL approved*~ What a fab OWL!  Though it is sad to think of Mario as vintage (meaning I'm a bit vintage...I go further back than Mario...Pong anyone?), but at least he is still around.  I can't wait to see the finished results.  I'm sending you a book of goblin-made silver needles; they are extremely strong and such a pleasure to work with.  Sending you blessings of luck!

@FreakieGeekie: You have mastered the Shrinking Spell!  Well done!  That tiny pink bag is so cute!

@BrokenButterfly: HI!  I heard cheers from the Hufflepuff Basement upon your arrival. Grin
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012 07:37:43 AM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 148 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Charles R. Smith Jr. Talks About My People
Brendan McNally Talks About Germania
Pete Cerqua Talks About 90-Second Fitness Solution
Jim Benton Talks About Franny K. Stein Series
Meet Author Gustavo Arellano
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...