A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 300,948
Currently Running With Scissors:
544 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 148
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 205700 times)
Tags for this thread: alchemy , harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #690 on: January 11, 2013 05:52:59 PM »

Love seeing all the Advanced Studies Friday Updates!  Sadly the sun (didn't come out) and my son (forgot several things which caused me to run lots of extra errands today) did not play nicely today so no pics of the rest of my OWL...but that's okay.  I can work on a few more squares and post it on SPEW Sunday! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

« Reply #691 on: January 11, 2013 06:41:21 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Horcrux Hunt - diary
House: Huffleypuffly
project link:
Project Name: Bottled Venom
Brief Description: There aren't many jars like this in the world.  Too many people trying to capture just one flask have never returned.  So feast your eyes on this, a jar of the rarest kind of venom, basilisk.  The label says Basilisk Venom, putrefied extract for painful death, for all your poison needs.
~Found this jar at the second hand shop and knew it needed to be some sort of potion.  Has just been in my craftroom waiting --ooh guess I should finish the rest of the matching jars and make those my detention--  Peeled off the label, but left some random dirty sticky splotches on.  Thought it made it look more old and interesting.  Photoshopped up a quick label added a snake charm, the venom and glued the top on.  Tada, bottled venom.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

tiamatfire
« Reply #692 on: January 11, 2013 07:40:38 PM »

Love all the advanced studies, and that great venom bottle!  I want you to decorate my basement Cheesy

<

Here's my NEWT, with a penny for scale.  It's quite tiny work as it's 28-count aida.  The border is just over a quarter done, not including outline stitch.  I wasn't very smart about how I did the "vine" work, since it's going over top of where I'll need to work outline stitch.  I have to decide whether to pull it out later or try to work underneath >.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013 07:42:16 PM by tiamatfire - Reason: Photo didn't post » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do love knitting patterns!" - Albus Dumbledore

Harry Potter Craftalong: Spring Semester!
Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #693 on: January 11, 2013 07:41:15 PM »

Oooh, that potion bottle is MARVOLOs! (Haha, See what I did there?)

Here's my latest homework assignment, I acknowledge that it has nothing whatsoe'er to do with sewing of any kind. I'd hang my head in shame but... I'm a Slytherin so...  Grin

Class: Apparition
House: The ssssssplendiferousssss Slytherin, of course!
Project: Dussssssssster coverssss
Description: The assignment reads: Splinching is a risk when apparating.  When it occurs the Ministry's Accidental Magic Reversal Squad is usually called in to fix the situation.  Study this squad, and create something that cleans up magical messes or fixes up something.

So, I noticed that the squad often have to clean up bloody messes and that when they did they used Cotton drenched in Essence of Dittany.  My project can be worn on the hand like a sock puppet to daub the essence on the body, or it can be attached to a duster broom thingie to mop up the areas around the splinched individual.

Pic:

I got the pattern from one of them muggle cards they prop up about the yarn department in Michael's a few years ago on Earth Day, but I imagine they might also be on the Sugar&Cream website as well.  Say, why don't you transfigure something while I check... You probably shouldn't be googling "Sugar n Cream" without parental controls... Brb...

Sure enough, there they were.  Here's the knit:
http://www.sugarncream.com/pattern.php?PID=3919
And here's Crochet:
http://www.sugarncream.com/pattern.php?PID=3920

You may have to do the free sign up bit in order to see them...

Now off to ice my wrist, I seem to have gone all obsessive (again) with the ol' knittin' needles.

[P.S. I meant to make this a Quidditch Try-Out project as well- The cotton cover Boosts performace by having a longer lifespan than the disposable covers one buys in the stores.  It also replaces the worn out one I tossed recently.]

« Last Edit: January 14, 2013 07:21:31 AM by Ant Bee - Reason: Added post script for Quidditch » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
FreakieGeekie

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #694 on: January 11, 2013 11:31:38 PM »

OWL update:

I was going to sew his hair on so that I could style it but I couldn't find my sharp yarn needle I need to iron out his hair 'cause it's a bit kinky.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WhistleFish
« Reply #695 on: January 12, 2013 03:28:00 AM »

@MamanTattoo: Cute costume! Even cuter kid. Smiley That sweater is so teeny tiny and perfect and awesome. I can't believe how small it is! It makes me go a bit cross-eyed just looking at it and trying to imagine to make it that small.

@sakuracat23: I love love love that hat! And great journal. What a clever pencil holder.

@TechnicolorAquahearts: The element babies are really good! I especially love it once you've colored them in. It gives them a whole new life once you do that.

@FreakieGeekie: Snape is coming along!

@Supermutts: LOVE the quilt so far! Please make sure to show us once it's done. And good luck on finishing it in time.

@pottermouth: That is going to be one bad*** quilt!

@CraftyLadyMJ: Yay granny squares!

@Ant Bee: That's going to be a lovely quilt when you're all done. And I like the swiffer cover. I've been meaning to make one of those. Thanks for including the pattern.

@Abbeeroad: Oh my gosh. I love this so much already!

@patty_o_furniture: I have a feeling your NEWT is going to be epic. And I love your potion bottle!

@tiamatfire: That's some tiny stitching! I hope you're using a magnifier of some sort.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

« Reply #696 on: January 12, 2013 08:58:00 AM »

Thanks pottermouth & alwaysinmyroom for the interfacing suggestions! I think I'm taking a trip to the store today. I'll see what they have!

Love the swiffer cover and the basilisk venom!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TechnicolorAquahearts

Proud Slytherin in the HP Summer Craftalong!

« Reply #697 on: January 12, 2013 09:11:17 AM »

I have some homework I was going to put some finishing touches on and turn in and even some Horcrux hunting to report, but that's going to have to wait. I'm on my way to the hospital wing to see Madam Pomfrey. Maybe she has something magical that will keep my sinuses from exploding.  Embarrassed

For now I'll just turn in my holiday recipe challenge. We made this banana bread for Christmas Eve, but I am just now getting around to posting it. Oh well, banana bread makes awesome comfort food any time of year!

Class/Challenge/House Pride:Holiday Recipe Challenge
House:Slytherin
Project Name: Classic Banana Bread
Project Page Link (if available): http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/banana-bread/51427396-6764-4b0a-a73a-78c683c703d2
Brief Description: This Banana bread was made with the Betty Crocker recipe out of my cookbook but I found it online so I can just share the link  Wink We make a couple of changes to this recipe to make it like we like it. We find that we like to substitute 1 cup of sour cream for the buttermilk, and we make it without nuts.
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

etsy: www.lynnaquaheart.etsy.com
Like me on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/AquaheartStudios
Follow Me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/LynnAquaheart
I have a blog about all things creative! http://lynnaquaheart.blogspot.com
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #698 on: January 12, 2013 10:30:08 AM »

I'm Back  Grin

I had my camera stolen just after new years, and lost all the photos on it of the crafted stuff I between chrimbo & new years (and all my christmas photos, thats the really annoying bit). But now I have a new camera, and I'm getting people to send me pics of a couple of things I made and gave away already. I've been horcrux hunting and doing homework while I've been gone so I'll be posting them in the next few days... here's the first

Challenge: Cup Horcrux
House: ravenclaw
project:
Mug hug - Hug your horocrux Smiley My daddy made me a peg loom for christmas (My daddy officially wins the best daddy ever award) and I thought he should have the first thing I made on it, so I whipped up this mug hug - i used left over sock wool so it matches the socks he got for christmas too!

All the buttons mean it can be made smaller/bigger by fastening it tighter/looser
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
3plyproblem

Is it jumper weather yet?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #699 on: January 12, 2013 10:51:27 AM »

@consultingcorsair: ~*OWL Approved*~  I absolutely adore tied quilts, and I can't wait to see your finished OWL.  Since this is your first go at a quilt, don't hesitate in posting questions; we have some HPCers experienced in the spellwork of quilts.  Send blessings of luck!

Thank you, headmistress!  Smiley I'm really glad to have so many talented crafters to turn to if I get stuck. (I had to go and look up tied quilts because I didn't know what you meant  Embarrassed but that is exactly what I was thinking of, so you've helped me already, hehe!)

MamanTatoo - That owl jumper, I need it! So cute! Cheesy

patty_o - Between that bottled venom and the wooden castle...  Shocked

tiamatfire - That stitchwork is so tiny and pretty! I really wouldn't have the patience myself. I can't wait to see it finished!

Ant Bee - "Marvolos" cracked me up far more than it should have, just saying. :')

FreakieGeekie - Your Snape looks fantastic! How did you make his nose so well?

TechnicolourAquahearts - I'm waiting for my dinner right now, that banana bread isn't helping!  Tongue

noodle_bug - It sucks that your camera was stolen. Sad But that mug hug is gorgeous! I love all the buttons, it looks really cute. (And ooh~ pegloom! That's an awesome present.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I got 99 problems and they're all unfinished projects.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 148 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Knit Newborn Baby Mittens with a Loom Part 24/35
How to Knit Newborn Baby Mittens with a Loom Part 19/35
How to Knit Newborn Baby Mittens with a Loom Part 2/35
How to Knit Newborn Baby Mittens with a Loom Part 22/35
How to Knit Newborn Baby Mittens with a Loom Part 21/35
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...