A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,189
Currently Running With Scissors:
524 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 148
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 186106 times)
Tags for this thread: alchemy , harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #670 on: January 10, 2013 05:12:25 PM »

Yes, you can definitely tell by both the w.i.p that those quilts are going to be great!

I'm done with a triplet costume! I should say Yay! but I won't. My machine is not going well, and now it's packed! Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
AugustBell
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #671 on: January 10, 2013 06:16:12 PM »

@FreakieGeekie: I can't wait to see how Snape looks fully finished!

@MamanTattoo: I love that teeny owl sweater! So adorable!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FreakieGeekie

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #672 on: January 10, 2013 06:39:17 PM »

OWL Update: made Snape a shirt but the sleeves were too narrow. Will have to rip it apart later and fix that. He has hair now too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sakuracat23

Don't make me get the flying Monkeys!!!

View Profile
« Reply #673 on: January 10, 2013 07:56:10 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride:Horcrux hunt (Riddles diary)
House:gryffindor!
project link: heres the tutorial i used
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2FRKbQI2kY
Project Name:my first attempt at bookbinding
Brief Description: i wanted a more personalised sketch book to carry with me. originaly I was just going to buy a boring black one at walmart and customize it but they were out so i bought a standard pad to use...later that evening i was browesing on pinterest when i saw some tutes for making your own sketch book and i desided to give it a try. Its kinda sloppy but pretty decent for my first try and I love using it.i used clear school glue, fabric glue (which left streaks on my black bit  Sad ) embroidery floss, an old drawing pad back for the cover, fabric scraps and some scrapbook paper .I liked soing the coptic stitch on the binding but i wanted to cover it up to protect the ends of the signatures so i folded and glued a black piece on the end..plus! i made a book strap/pencil holder out of a cut off hem from an old black t-shirt.cut the hem off wich left me with a tube, made a small hole so i could stick the pencil in  and ta da!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013 11:22:41 AM by sakuracat23 - Reason: added tutorial link » THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyLadyMJ

A crafting I'll go...

View Profile
« Reply #674 on: January 10, 2013 11:45:06 PM »

OWL Subject & Option (if available): Transfiguration/Option 1
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Shades of the stone
I will be making a granny square blanket using the colors of the Philosopher's Stone for my friend to take with him when he goes camping next month. The blanket will be big enough to cover a single adult size cox and fit inside his sleeping bag providing extra warmth. I have never made a large scale granny square blanket only the baby blankets for my friends little ones.

Supplies:
1 roll of red yarn
4 rolls of black yarn just to be safe
4 rolls of white yarn for now but I will buy more if I need it
Crochet hook size G
Ruler to measure squares
3yds of fabric for backing
Hand needles and thread

So here is my plan:

The blanket needs to be 63inches long and 49inches wide
Each square I crochet will be 7x7 with the border on it.
To complete the project I need a total of 63 granny squares
I need to crochet at least 3-5 squares a day up to Feb 3, 2013 so I can join all the squares together and add a soft cotton back which will probably take another day or too more to finish.
My start date is tonight Jan 10, 2013 and I hope to be finish before or on Feb 7, 2013.
I have already done one square, just 62 to go now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Summer HPC 2013
No more cellphone headaches!
Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #675 on: January 11, 2013 05:58:10 AM »

Craftylady, it will look awesome! But I must say I'm partial to anything with red in it!

It's a great book, sakura! doesn't look like a first try at all!

FreakieGeekie, it happens to me all the time, even after making so many dolls! Can we see the hairs?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #676 on: January 11, 2013 08:48:06 AM »

It's Advanced Studies Friday!  It's to get you motivated for the weekend! Cool  If you haven't already, pop in and give us an update on your OWL/NEWT.  Progress pics are fab!  Don't have an OWL/NEWT?  Today's a great day to get started. Grin

I'll be HPC updating in a bit, but first, my Advanced Studies Update 1...my NEWT.

My dear poor NEWT...I must admit that I haven't worked on it yet. Tongue  I have everything ready to go, and once I turn in my OWL later today (just need to take pics of lots of squares Cool), I'll tuck right into it.

Be back later with my completed OWL.  Now off to grab another cup of coffee and update projects, approve OWLs/NEWTs, do some math magic for House Points, tiny some urls, whip up several portkeys, answer owls.....best make that a LARGE cup of coffee Wink
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013 08:58:16 AM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #677 on: January 11, 2013 09:20:57 AM »

Advance Studies Friday Update:

Here's a pic to prove I'm not fibbing about My O.W.L.'s existence:
*Embarrassingly long wait while phone decides whether or not to send the pic to my email*
Oh, look! at a record speed of 3 hours and 39 minutes here's the baby now:

The squares are 4X4 inches and in retrospect I probably should've one bigger but, meh, what's done is done and onward we go! (and the pic is sideways, but you get the idea. I'm just glad the blasted thing finally came through.  Way to make me look like a fibber, cell cam!)

Speaking of onward we go: I am excited to report that I am going to Harry Potter World with my brothers, sister and the nephews next weekend so I will have the opportunity to take some new pictures to replace the forbidden ones.  I really, really want to use pictures.  And now that I missed Christmas (again.) and have until her birthday in August (and LATE august to boot!) I feel like this might actually happen.

So, my update is this: scouting some additional prints to complement the ones I have and hoping to take at least one photo with me and my sis in which I don't look like the Giant Squid or like my dad in drag.

Here's hoping!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013 01:18:17 PM by Ant Bee » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

« Reply #678 on: January 11, 2013 09:33:24 AM »

Maman - LOVE the little owl sweater. Can't wait to see you little one in it!

sakuracat23 - What an awesome book! I've not been terribly successful with bookbinding, yours looks great!!

pottermouth - We have very similar NEWTs! It will be fun to work on my quilt while someone else works on theirs. It's a craftalong within a craftalong! Wink

Speaking of which...Yay for Advanced Studies Fridays!! Here's my NEWT progress for the day. It's not much, but I've started sorting out all my t-shirt squares. After Hurricane Irene, I had to wash all my squares, which resulted in this jumbled mess:

So, I've been slowly ironing my way through the pile to create a nice, orderly stack of squares:

I hope to have a bigger stack to show off later today.

pottermouth - are you interfacing your shirts for your quilt? I've got some shirts of varying weight, and I think I want to interface them to keep them from stretching weird while sewing. But I don't know what interfacing to use. I'd prefer some sort of fusible stuff so that I'm not sewing squares onto squares (yuck), but also don't want to spend a fortune for this project.

The first round of interfacing was a relatively cheap iron-on version from walmart that promptly fell off upon washing the squares. So, I don't think I want to use the same stuff for this round.

Any suggestions??
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #679 on: January 11, 2013 09:49:54 AM »

@pattyO: Oh I love bath bombs! (love the action pic)  YAY Hunger Games! And mmmmmm....marshmallows!  So many things in your post I want to give a go; Kiss for links!  Plus, I must tell you how much I enjoy your storycrafting in your descriptions; always brings smiles! Grin

@consultingcorsair: ~*OWL Approved*~  I absolutely adore tied quilts, and I can't wait to see your finished OWL.  Since this is your first go at a quilt, don't hesitate in posting questions; we have some HPCers experienced in the spellwork of quilts.  Send blessings of luck!

@sakuracat: So sorry for your computer troubles, but YAY for being able to get in and post!  Adorable hat!  Kiss for link!  And way to go on your first bookbinding spell!

@TechnicolorAquahearts AMAZING OWL Update!  Wowzers! Shocked Your OWL is going to be epic!

@FreakieGeekie: Snape is looking good!

@Supermutts: Oh your Jack quilt is turning out awesome!  (I see awesome is the general consensus of describing your fab quilt Cool)

@pottermouth ~*NEWT Approved*~  Your Tee Quilt is truly NEWT worthy!  And what an amazing selection of tees! Shocked  (I see some of my faves are there)  Sending blessings of luck and my latest Weird Sister album to listen to while you work. Cool

@Maman: I think your Merida costume looks wondrous.  And you were right....I fell in love with your Owl Sweater!  (wondering if I have still have a some Swelling Potion about so it would be my size)

@CraftyLadyMJ: ~*OWL Approved*~  I LOVE granny ghans, and as an avid hooker, I know the task that is before you.  Way to go on taking on a new challenge.  If you need any pointers, just post in the thread; several HPCers are experienced hookers.  Sending blessings of luck!  And since you are speed hooking, don't forget to do some hand & wrist warmups!

@Abbee: That is one nice stash & stack of squares!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 148 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Met Gala - Punk Stories: Cara Delevingne Rocks the Look
Met Gala - Daria Werbowy Transforms Into the Ultimate Brooklyn Punk
How to Wear the Sweatshirt Trend
Mondays With André: Marc Jacobs on the Pajamas Trend
Mondays With André: Oxford Union Signature Style
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...