A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 298,104
Currently Running With Scissors:
710 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 148
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 195114 times)
Tags for this thread: alchemy , harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #610 on: January 07, 2013 07:28:45 PM »

Audania1 - Way to hunt those horcruxes - I love your favors. Great way to break the mold.

WhistleFish - LOVE the hat!!!!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013 08:03:02 AM by Abbeeroad » THIS ROCKS   Logged
FreakieGeekie

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #611 on: January 07, 2013 08:10:47 PM »

Challenge: Horcrux Hunt
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Destroying Riddle's diary
Brief Description: I've used a shrinking charm on Riddle's diary until I can get to a safe place to destroy it.
Project Picture:

« Last Edit: January 07, 2013 09:55:48 PM by FreakieGeekie - Reason: added another photo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #612 on: January 08, 2013 06:41:14 AM »

~*Congratulations FreakieGeekie*~
You are the first to find Tom Riddle's Diary.

*Once revealed, horcruxes shall be stored at Headquarters.  Hunters you may use this portkey to pick up your badges and check your Hunting Status.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Naantje
« Reply #613 on: January 08, 2013 08:35:43 AM »

Intermediate status update on my OWL:
Still knitting the scarf, I'm somewhere between a third of the way and halfway done. Measuring scarves is strange: I measured it yesterday and it was 80cm long, while I had knit at least another 8 rows from the day before, when I had measured it and it was ... 80cm long! My mother says that it happened because the day before yesterday, I measured straight after I stopped knitting and yesterday I only measured a couple of hours later. The weight of the scarf hanging down from the needles apparently stretches the scarf while you're knitting, and it shrinks again when it's laid flat. Shrinkage is a bit demotivating!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

« Reply #614 on: January 08, 2013 08:47:36 AM »

I want to hunt horcuxes!! I want to hunt horcruxes!!

... But I can't until I clean up the craftsplosion that happened in my work/living/everything space. Seriously, I am constantly tracking glitter and yarn bits wherever I go- like a sparklier version of Pig-Pen from the Charlie Brown gang!

So, with all the chores to do I started where one should always start: In the kitchen! With snacks! Yay, milk and cookies!  

Challenge: Holiday Treats
House: Slytherin
Description:  These are the cookies I make for my cousin- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip.  She claims she never finds them in stores so I make them for her at Christmas as part of her gift.  This year I used the Betty Crocker recipe because my original (which probably isn't much different, truth be told) is somewhere packed in "I had to downsize living spaces" boxes and that hunt will also just have to wait. These have a nice crunch to them and the chocolate is smooth in contrast. It is recommended that you try one as soon as it is cool enough to eat, you know, for the purposes of adjusting cooking times... (mmm, cooking times...) and then, on subsequent snackings a nice hot beverage for dipping does add a nice touch.  Here' this year's, found on the Betty Crocker website:
http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/oatmeal-chocolate-chip-cookies/48acadc3-f7e1-46b5-bb33-33bee95f6cf7

Heat oven to 350F.

1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg 2 cups quick-cooking oats
1 1/2 cups Gold Medal all-purpose or unbleached flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (6 oz)
1 cup chopped nuts, if desired  (I don't desire these, I'm nuts enough as it is!)

In large bowl, stir brown sugar and butter until blended.
Stir in vanilla and egg until light and fluffy.

In another bowl mix together oats, flour, baking soda and salt;
Add the oats mixture to the gooey 1st bowl bit-by-bit (to save your poor arm muscles from falling off.  If you have one of those super-cool standing mixers, well, aren't you the lucky one!)
stir in chocolate chips (and nuts).

Onto ungreased cookie sheet, drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart.

Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown.
Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. (I put the cookie sheet right onto a wire rack to cool it faster to protect the bottoms from getting overly toasted.)

Last but not least, pour yourself a cuppa or a glass of milk and dig in!

(No one will judge you if you eat these for breakfast, I mean, They ARE oatmeal after all!)

Also,  I must say I'm loving browsing through the thread- it's so fun to see what everyone is doing!  @FreakieGeekie: I'm glad you played through the crafty pain from earlier, your anti-craft curse seems to have broken (knock wood) and you are on a roll now! Maybe make some celebratory cookies for yourself,  Wink )
@Maman- Good luck moving, what a project! Maybe you should make some cookies for strength. Grin)

@Naantje: keep going and don't measure for a while- at least a few sessions or when you think you might be getting close to where you want to end it.  You can do it! (Maybe make some motivational cookies for your next snack break, haha!)

*Dog glares through sudden glitter tornado formed from giggling too close to the mess*
 Roll Eyes
Alright, alright, I'm going... sheesh.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013 08:49:29 AM by Ant Bee - Reason: Because I got carried away and forgot to put the header in... » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

« Reply #615 on: January 08, 2013 10:48:22 AM »

Loving all these things for the Horcrux hunt!  Gotta get some done and keep up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FreakieGeekie

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

« Reply #616 on: January 08, 2013 02:20:23 PM »

@Ant Bee: Those cookies look tasty! **drools** If I had the supplies, I would definitely make them. Maybe I'll pick up the supplies when I go shopping later this week...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #617 on: January 08, 2013 04:15:48 PM »

House Pride: House Unity
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Custom HP Inspired Bracelet
Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=419035.0
Brief Description: This bracelet was a special request from a friend.  She wanted an HP themed bracelet that included specific charms from her favorite moments in the stories.  The charms include lightning bolt, Hedwig, Sorting Hat, Golden Snitch, Phoenix for the Order, Chess Knight for Ron, Hogwarts, Deathly Hallows, Tales of Beadle the Bard, otter for Hermoine's Patronus, Slytherin's Snake, the Goblet of Fire, wolf for Lupin, Moody's magical eye, and a wand.

Project Picture:

Horcrux Hunt: Helga Hufflepuffs Cup
Project Name: Hogwarts Stitch Markers for AugustBell
Brief Description: The first Horcrux I've found and destroeyd is Hufflepuff's Cup.  The project is inspired by the brave Hermoine Granger, who destroyed the Horcrux during the Battle of Hogwarts.  Miss Granger is a highly gifted witch, who also works hard to fight for the rights of other magical creatures, including House Elves.  Hermoined famously began the group S.P.E.W. during her 4th year at Hogwarts, in order campaign for the rights of House Elves.  She also actively worked for their freedom by knitting them hats and socks, as presenting a House Elf with clothes is the only way to free it.  In the spirit of her crafty campaign for justice, I created a set of HP themed Stitch Markers!  One set of magical objects, and the other represents the four Hogwarts Houses.

Class: Care of Magical Creatures
Project Name: A Study of Kneazles... via Charms
Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=419036.0
Brief Description: Recently my husband and I have been considering getting a pet.  DH is particularly fond of Kneazles, but as I am Muggle-born, I did not grow up with Kneazles and therefore knew little about them.  While reading up on them, I noticed that certain characters in stories I heard about while attending Muggle School, display many of the common characteristics of Kneazels!  Could it be that Kneazels have infiltrated the Muggle world?  Or that the creators of these stories are Wizards in disguise?  The first is the character of the Cheshire Cat in Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.  The Cheshire Cat is certainly highly intelligent, as it engages in philosophical debate with Alice.  It also has a distinctly striped fur pattern.  The second example are the characters in a Muggle television show called Doctor Who.  The Sisters of Plenitude, a race of Cat Nuns, who care for the sick on a planet called New Earth.  The Sisters are also extremely intelligent, and can be highly aggressive.  Much more than common house cats.  

In order to study the creatures more in-depth, I reread & rewatched both stories, and out of my studies, I created this magical charm bracelet, to help me remember what I've learned.  The bracelet features charms from both stories, including the White Rabbit, Rose, Bad Wolf, Cake, Red Converse,  Sneaker, Teacup, Angel Wing, Top Hat, Alice, Police Box, Key, Drink Me Bottle - glass, Entwined Hearts, Pistol, Clockwork Lady, Book, Fob Watch, Hope Disk, & a Kneazle disguised as the so-called "Cheshire Cat".

Project Picture:
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013 07:09:50 AM by jennieingram » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #618 on: January 08, 2013 06:16:07 PM »

I LOVE the HP bracelet. I really do love everysingle charms in it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
Audania1
Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

« Reply #619 on: January 08, 2013 10:08:48 PM »

That Tom Riddle diary is too cute. My kids would go bonkers pretending to write in that. Cheesy

Jennie, I'm always amazed at how awesome your charm items are! I adore the stitch markers! I seriously need to get out and make myself some since I always loose those little plastic circle ones and something like yours would be hard to miss.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 148 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Make Time Work For You with Philip Zimbardo
Spike Lee Offers Readers Some Words of Wisdom
Eric Bogosian Talks About Perforated Heart
Stephanie McClellan and Beth Hamilton Wish They Had This Talent
Bob Shepherd Talks About The Infidel
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...