A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 300,945
Currently Running With Scissors:
347 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 148
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 205665 times)
Tags for this thread: alchemy , harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Eiseldora
« Reply #220 on: December 09, 2012 07:24:13 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: The Geminio Challenge
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Knitted Items for Haley
Project Link: Blanket on Ravelry Bib on Ravelry
Brief Description: When I found out I was a second time aunt I wanted my new niece to have the same things I made for my first niece. I decided to make her a baby blanket, this time different than the one I made first. And I also made a baby Bib with the same yarn, needles, and pattern that I did for my first niece.

Blanket for Haley

Blanket for Nadia

Both in Garter Stich

Bib for Haley

Bib for Nadia

Nadia with her Bib
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FreakieGeekie
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #221 on: December 09, 2012 07:35:06 PM »

Holy smokes Ravenclaw is leaving everyone else in the dust! **faints**

I'm working on my Snape plushie but I accidentally cut a hole in one of his arms. **facepalm**
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #222 on: December 09, 2012 07:37:51 PM »

Those blankets are so precious. I love wrapping my babies in those I have (and they aren't really babies anymore!)

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Divination Class /Second Gemino Challenge
House: Grrrrrrrrrrrrryffindor!
Project Name: Purple flower handpainted wine glass
Brief Description: My SILs are young and just moved out of their mom's. It's very easy to make then gifts because they do not have a lot yet! One requested those wine glass showing me an image of something similar, so I decided I'd make some for the other SIL as well. It was a 6 pack box, so they'll get 3 each.
Project Picture:

I don't really like painting on glass. It's tricky to me!

FreakieGeekie, use the invisible stitch spell!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

« Reply #223 on: December 09, 2012 07:57:43 PM »

Cool gift idea, Maman!

I can't wait any longer, my Slythy senses are tingling from all these other house posts!

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Arithmancy
House: Slytherin, of course.
Project Name: Blackberry stitch purse
Brief Description: This project is perfect for this semester's Arithmancy homework because it is done in sets of three- make three stitches then purl three stitches together in order to have the same number at the start and finish of each row.  I also made sure that I turned it in as my third assignment. (I'm so clever. haha.)  The lining was one of the three projects in my Unbreakable Vow with the dog, too.  As soon as the better picture comesthrough I'll ad it, but here's one to get started:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Care of Magical Creatures/S.P.EW.
House: Slytherin, still.
Project Name: Striped Like a Kneazle Crafter's Wristers
Brief Description: These Striped Like a Kneazle wristers are made for a woman in an elder care facility who loves to crochet but her hands get cold this time of year. I became her penpal when I was teaching computer classes at her building and I know she has no kids and I want her to get something in the mail from someone for Christmas.

And finally tonight,
Class/Challenge/House Pride: S.P.EW.
House: Slytherin, but you knew that.
Project Name: WUA
Brief Description:  These are the first 3 blocks for Warm Up America, 2 crochet and one knit.  I'd've had more but that ill-timed illness knocked me off my broom!  The store I drop them off at is collecting through Feb. so I've got lots of time to make more...

That's my report for the night, I am in love with so many of the projects showing up in this thread. I especially love the ornaments- the "book pages" one (forgive me, I forget who did them at the mo') look fabulous, even if it is different than the intended design.

Great work, everyone!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012 08:15:23 AM by Ant Bee » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
TechnicolorAquahearts

Proud Slytherin in the HP Summer Craftalong!

« Reply #224 on: December 09, 2012 08:10:00 PM »

Don't worry Ant Bee my Slytherin instincts are kicking into overdrive too, I'm working hard on several things right now! Slytherins Represent! After showing my house pride I do have to say that all of those baby gifts and children's learning games are so cute! There is such joy in crafting for kids!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

etsy: www.lynnaquaheart.etsy.com
Like me on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/AquaheartStudios
Follow Me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/LynnAquaheart
I have a blog about all things creative! http://lynnaquaheart.blogspot.com
WhistleFish
« Reply #225 on: December 09, 2012 08:18:38 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Detention in the Dungeons
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Cozy Flannel Rice Bags
Brief Description: I bought some flannel on the muggles' "Black Friday" Holiday and had no idea what to do with it. I came across the idea of microwavable rice bags when looking up what I should make with flannel so I decided I'd make a couple for my muggle family members since they aren't able to do a warming spell for achy muscles or cold feet. I've only got these week to do my crafting since next week I'll be traveling to the in-laws so it's full speed ahead on finishing everyone's gifts.
Project Picture:

There's an "I (heart) bacon" one for my brother, a black and white pretty one for my mother, and a mustache one for my father. Of course I had to try them out and they're super toasty. I had fabric cut for a 4th but I ran out of rice. Next time I'll have to make myself one. Smiley

Class/Challenge/House Pride:
Herbology
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Baby Ear Flap Hat
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: Luna's already shown a liking toward gardening but she needed protection in the greenhouse. I decided I'd make ear this cute ear flap hat so she can watch me garden and keep well protected. (And of course it's in Christmas colors, she's been feeling quite spirited lately.)
Project Picture: (I included a picture of all of us wearing our Christmas hats 'cause they're just so freaking cute together. Only Luna's counts though. I made the other two in November. I made Luna's this weekend.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FreakieGeekie
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

« Reply #226 on: December 09, 2012 08:35:50 PM »

FreakieGeekie, use the invisible stitch spell!

I tried that. The material I'm using is an old, thin sheet and it made the hole much worse. I'm using the sheet because it's soft and floppy, just what I want for the base part of the doll.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #227 on: December 09, 2012 08:44:19 PM »

Those hats are indeed very adorably cute! Yours is nice too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
Eiseldora
« Reply #228 on: December 09, 2012 09:05:11 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Apparition
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Apron for my Father
Brief Description: For Christmas I decided to design an apron for my father. When I went to the store to get an apron they only had white. So I dyed the apron black and then stenciled on a design I knew he would love. 

This apron will protect him from messes

THIS ROCKS   Logged
WhistleFish
« Reply #229 on: December 09, 2012 10:01:42 PM »

@Eiseldora: Cute coffee cozies. If I ever learn to knit I those may be my first project. Simple (at least I assume so?), but useful! And what a beautiful bib! Also, good choice on the stencil! My dad would love that sort of thing too. He's always making interesting concoctions.

@Ant Bee: Glad you're feeling better and that the draught worked! First - I LOVE that purse. The colors work quite well together and I love the lining material. Also, how sweet of you to make those wrist warmers for your friend. I used to work in a nursing home and loved that population. I'm sure she will love them. And you made squares too?! That's 2 out of 3 kind-hearted crafts. You must be one of those rare Slytherins... Tongue (I'm kidding of course. Only nice Slytherins here at HPC, right?)

@SKooKuM: That would be awesome! Oh the things I would do if I were that small...

@MamanTattoo: Those glasses are gorgeous! I imagine painting on glass would be hard. How do you make it so it stays on permanently? I suppose a Permanent Sticking Charm would work, but can you use that charm on glasses for muggles? And thank you for the compliment. I almost feel silly when we're out and about but you only get one chance to be a young cheesy family and I'm living it up.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 148 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Joseph A. Califano Jr. Talks About How to Raise a Drug-Free Kid
Eric Puchner Talks About Model Home
Murder, Mayhem and a Fine Man Book Trailer
Meet Author Stef Penney
Ian Falconer Talks About Olivia Goes to Venice
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...