A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Monday, May 23 News:  It's time to vote!  Which Craftster member rocked dollar store crafting?  Cast your vote here!
Total Members: 305,622
Currently Running With Scissors:
346 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 148
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 297137 times)
Tags for this thread: alchemy , harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #210 on: December 09, 2012 05:43:53 PM »

So, I've spent most of the last week being really productive - what's great about that is I've also spent most of the week sitting on my bum watching doctor Who! But I  have gotten all the presents finished for all the girls in my family!

(This is going to get really repetitive... sorry... if it's any consolation I am WAY more board of these than you are, and I'm DONE with them now! Woop!)

Class / Challenge: Geronimo December (& quidditch training)
House: Ravenclaw
Project: another necklace...
This necklace is exactly the same as the two I made before...

but now there's a set of three, so they count as a quidditch practice too Cheesy
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Class / Challenge; House Pride (& quidditch training...)
House: Ravenclaw!
Project: Blue and silver knitted necklace
Now, I know that the real ravenclaw colours are blue and bronze, but I still prefer the blue and silver that the film uses - and my ravenclaw badge on my coat* is blue and silver so I always think of them as 'claw colours... and so behold! A ravenclaw necklace!

You can't really see in the picture since the flash washes them out too much, but the buttons are blue pearl
Since the thread is all woven in and out, the ravenclaw quidditch chasers can use it to follow for manoeuvring practice too Cheesy

*I do actually have an enamel Ravenclaw badge on my coat, with a 'Choir' badge (that was a gift from my musician housemate in honour of my off-key singing while I clean) beneath it - at a funeral a couple of years ago the vicar asked if I was really in a Choir, and I said ''yes, and I'm really in Ravenclaw too'' and I've never seen anyone look so confused!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Class / Challenge: School Unity (& quidditch training... but fro the wrong team!! )
House : 'claw
Project: Green and Silver knitted necklace
Since Slytherin would be my house if I weren't such a nerd-tastic claw, I thought I'd promote a bit of house unity by making another necklace for their team to use as quidditch practice.... though maybe I'll regret that when we're up against them in the spring...

Sorry it's such a bad photo, it's the only way I could get the colour to read under a direct light. the colour actually really sparkles in real life, just you see it best when  you look from an angle

(I wonder if the girls in my family will notice that their present are suspiciously hogwarts coloured? none of them are Potterheads...)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Class: December Detention with Delores... (& quidditch training)
House: still a ravenclaw
Project: LAST NECKLACE!!!
It really did feel like detetion by the time I got to this one, so I had to be careful not to get sloppy... anyway, one final woven necklace (purple this time)

so, repetitive and dull and exactly like writing lines... (including a bit of blood as I kept stabbing myself with the needle trying to thread the buttons) But now I am done with all the girls for christmas! and now I've done all this theory on weaving*, I can get out there on a broom so even I might make it onto the team  Grin

*told you I was a 'claw. I'd definitely say the first place to look to learn a new sport is in the library

done... phew...!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Eiseldora
« Reply #211 on: December 09, 2012 06:15:15 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Alchemy
Project Name: Color Exploration
Project Page Link:
Brief Description: I have two future witches in my life, and help them learn their colors so they can become proper alchemists in the future I've created some presents for them that will allow them to explore all of the colors in the rainbow.

First up is a onesie with a Rainbow.

I also created some clothes pin games
Color Wheel

Color Matching
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eiseldora
« Reply #212 on: December 09, 2012 06:25:41 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Arithmancy
Project Name: 3 Onesies
Project Page Link:
Brief Description: I recently Discovered that I'm Aunt to a 3 month old. So I've been making her some Christmas presents.

First up I made three Onsies with snowflake designs. There are geometric shapes, that should keep her warm in the winter.

I also wanted to help my other niece (now 20 months old) explore numbers so I created her a set of boards that allow her to explore the numbers 1 - 12

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eiseldora
« Reply #213 on: December 09, 2012 06:45:53 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Divination
Project Name: Onsies for Haley
Brief Description: I recently Discovered that I'm Aunt to a 3 month old. So I've been making her some Christmas presents.

I looked up some Tasseomancy that I can use to bless her as she grows. I selected:
ELEPHANT, a lucky sign; good health.
FLOWERS, good fortune, success; a happy marriage.
BUTTERFLY.In your room means great pleasure and success, but you must not catch it, or the luck will change.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Care of Magical Creatures

I looked up Kneazles and I felt they would help protect my new niece from any suspicious people so I create a Onsie for her that has a Kneazle face on it. I magiced it to tell my niece to cry or spit up on anyone that is suspicious.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Transfiguration and Muggle Studies

My nieces parents like to play casual games. One of their favorites is a muggle game Angry Birds, so I decided to add a bird to one of her onsies

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Flying

If my niece shows an aptitude for magic I anticipate she might fly a bit. To help us see her even if its dark I made one of her onsies a moon with glow in the dark paint. This should help us spot her but also help disguise her from muggles by blending into the clouds.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Defense Against the Dark Arts

My sister in law loves Japan, so I thought it would be fun to make a Kappa on one of her onsies, but I didn't have the right color of green, and its hard to see the water on its head.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2012 06:47:44 PM by Eiseldora » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eiseldora
« Reply #214 on: December 09, 2012 06:51:24 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Herbology
Project Name: Earwarmers
Project Link: Project on Ravelry
Brief Description: One of the things that helps protect our ears for the mandrakes are padded earwarmers.
I knitted these up for my Aunt

THIS ROCKS   Logged
WhistleFish
« Reply #215 on: December 09, 2012 06:53:41 PM »

@pottermouth: Love the washclothes. Way to pare down the stash!

@the_essence: Can't wait to see the amigurumi! I must admit, after my first one I was a bit addicted for a while. I think you'll enjoy yourself.

@ TechnicolorAquahearts:
That owl is so cute. I love the colors you picked out. Smiley

@patty_o_furniture: Awesome hand puppet! I think it will be quite appreciated at the nursery. There is a lot of things they could do with it. So cute. And those ornaments!!! Even though I know they're not what you originally planned they turned out awesome. I think the tea dye colors really added dimension to the ornaments.

@Naantje:
Lovely weeping angels. I have a friend who's obsessed with Doctor Who and I know she would love those!

@SKooKuM: I'd like that dress in my size! Haha. That fabric is adorable.

@noodle-bug
: So many necklaces!! What were you making them for? I know how you feel about them. (I've done that with projects before. The first couple are fine and fun and then by the time you're making the last one you never want to make a single one again for a very long time.)

@Eiseldora: So many onesies and awesome baby/child things! I love it. I think my favorites are the snowflakes though. So cute!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eiseldora
« Reply #216 on: December 09, 2012 06:58:19 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: History of Magic
Project Name: Coffee Cozies
Project Link: Project on Ravelry
Brief Description: Coffee is something can be both boiling hot or iced cold, and I've found that not matter what way you drink it, it can be quite difficult to hold onto. To help insulate the hands of my cousins I've made a set of Knitted Coffee Cozies

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ant Bee
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #217 on: December 09, 2012 07:04:34 PM »

Eiseldora, you're on fire- You Ravenclaw's are flying through these assignments!

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes, between your good thoughts, The_Essense's PepperUp potion and WhistleFish's Productivity draught I got in and out of the hospital wing lickety split- and a good thing, too, Madam Pomfrey doesn't pull punches and some of that medicine is yucky!

I've managed to make up for some lost time today and am now waiting the million years it'll take for the pics to get from my phone to my email account.  I didn't get to the last of the three projects in my Unbreakable Vow, and the dog was all set to do it herself if she had to, but I stopped her before that went horribly wring and we agreed to an extra day due to illness.  What a pal.

I hear that the Head Mistress was also under the weather- I hope she is feeling better, too!

More when the pics come in...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Mamaneedles
)O( * ॐ

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #218 on: December 09, 2012 07:16:27 PM »

Wow, Eiseldora, a true Ravenclaw you are!! My favorites are the snowflakes too.
noodle-bug, I admire you for being able to make so many times the same project! Mind you, jewelry is not my fort!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog! (and where I sell my dolls!)
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!
SKooKuM
Miss Sews-a-lot

Dance kitty

« Reply #219 on: December 09, 2012 07:20:51 PM »

@SKooKuM: I'd like that dress in my size! Haha. That fabric is adorable.
How about we just shrink you to size? Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am open to personal swaps. Send a pm if you'd like to do a Harry Potter, Pokemon, BJD or Obitsu swaps.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/kitsunestudios
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 148 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
Acupuncture for Pain
Spine Stimulator for Pain Relief - Mayo Clinic
What I Live With: Chronic Pain
Doctors and Addiction Link: Prescription Abuse
Bed of Nails: The Natural Solution to Backache
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Gluten Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Coffee, the nectar of life!
@Home This Weekend: Expecto Patronum Night Light!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...