A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News:  Vote for your favorite Bottle It Up project now! Smiley
Total Members: 302,508
Currently Running With Scissors:
526 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 148
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 220348 times)
Tags for this thread: alchemy , harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SpeakGeekAndEnter
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 08, 2012 02:22:36 AM »

Shocked Shocked So many amazing projects! I can't get over how fast this thread moves, it's like you guys are crafting while whizzing along on the knight bus! Cheesy I need to make a mental note to check in more often.

Love all the projects here, they're all so inspiring. My (not-so) inner geek is coveting that TARDIS paper towel cover and that little knitted Zero, very cool! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All we have to decide is what to craft with the time that is given to us.

Etsy ♥ DeviantArt  ♥  Facebook
Naantje
« Reply #171 on: December 08, 2012 04:35:37 AM »

That TARDIS paper towel cover is not that hard to make! I used just under one ball of blue yarn, a minimal amount of black and just slightly more white. That and I think 2,5 sheets of plastic canvas. I can recreate the pattern if you'd like to make your own, but I'm not sure what type of plastic canvas you need. I just measured, and it's 13holes per 5cm.

I think I spent about 5 or 6 on supplies to make it, but it did suck up plenty of crafting time!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
Naantje
« Reply #172 on: December 08, 2012 05:42:48 AM »

Okay, craftsters, I need your advice because my boyfriend has me worried. As you have seen, the TARDIS I made does not have the little lamp on top. I don't think it needs the lamp, my boyfriend insists I should add one. I fear it will look overdone, break the sleek likes it has now and, I don't know, become one of those things that make people say "crafty=crappy". He on the other hand says that my TARDIS looks unfinished and that if I give it like this, I will have missed on of the most important part, the flashing, vworp vworp light and that the recipient would likely be a bit disappointed about that. What do you think? Leave it as it is, or put the lamp on there?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #173 on: December 08, 2012 06:38:29 AM »

What do you think? Leave it as it is, or put the lamp on there?
can you not mock it up and see if you like the effect? Like, balance or blu-tac a lamp there to see ho it looks before committing? If you do that, I'd recommend leaving it on there a few days an keeping it somewhere you'll see it, so you can get an idea how the effect will look once your eyes have got accustomed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
TechnicolorAquahearts

Proud Slytherin in the HP Summer Craftalong!

« Reply #174 on: December 08, 2012 06:44:45 AM »

I want to join! Can I be a Slytherin? Does Slytherin have a quidditch team? It was so hard for me to choose between Slytherin and Gryffindor
THIS ROCKS   Logged

etsy: www.lynnaquaheart.etsy.com
Like me on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/AquaheartStudios
Follow Me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/LynnAquaheart
I have a blog about all things creative! http://lynnaquaheart.blogspot.com
pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #175 on: December 08, 2012 07:24:28 AM »

Forgot to ask: does the 3 weeks have to be the entire time worked on the OWL or can it include time having to wait to get supplies?
That is crafty time.  OWLs are to be challenging, more time-consuming crafty projects.  In the HPC we use it as motivation to tackle those longer/challenging projects,  OWLs should take you 3-4 weeks to complete.  What kind of project takes you 3-4 is subjective since personal challenges differ from person to person (like it might take me 4 weeks to complete a pair of socks because it would first sock-making spell).  If you find that you have time, you can definitely make more outfits.  The Rule is: If you finish your OWL earlier than expected, then craft an additional item(s) that correspond with your subject.  Add notes on how you finished earlier than expected and details about your additional crafting in your Completed Project post.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #176 on: December 08, 2012 07:28:53 AM »

I want to join! Can I be a Slytherin? Does Slytherin have a quidditch team? It was so hard for me to choose between Slytherin and Gryffindor
Well come on in!  And Welcome to Hogwarts!  Slytherin does not have a Quidditch House Team yet; this is something the Heads of Houses are putting together on their own to boost House Spirit.  Contact Naantje, Slytherin HoH, to see if she has any plans in motion for Winter Slytherin Quidditch.  No matter which house you choose, you'll have a blast.  And know that you can change houses next semester if you wish.  Can't wait to see your crafty magic! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TechnicolorAquahearts

Proud Slytherin in the HP Summer Craftalong!

« Reply #177 on: December 08, 2012 09:27:22 AM »

I have a few projects that I am finishing up for the classes that I will post soon but i wanted to go ahead and get an owl proposal up here so I can get started on it as soon as i get it approved.

~*OWL PROPOSAL*~
OWL Subject & Option(if available): Alchemy
House: Slytherin
Project Name: 4 week intensive study of drawing resulting in a series of finished works based on the elements of Fire, Earth, Air and Water.
Brief Description: I would like to use this OWL to break through my art rut and push my drawing skills to a new level. I have broken this project down into 4 weeks of work. Week one preliminary sketching: I mean a lot of sketches I would like to see myself produce 4 or 5 sketches a day minimum, So a total of at least 35. Week 2 refining the material: On the second week I will sift through all of the sketches and research material I have collected over the first week and choose one per day to develop into a finished drawing. So 7 total developed drawings. Week 3, small works: On the third week I want to take 3 or 4 of the developed drawings and use them to create small finished art works like little water colors or small acrylic paintings. Week 4, working big: During the last week I want to use all the material I have come up with so far to create one large work of art, this piece should take me all week to complete.  At the end of my owl I want to have a viable series of art with 7 drawings, 4 small works, and a large work. The whole purpose behind this owl is to build up my drawing muscles, refine my painting skills, and to train myself to work in series and collections in order to become an exhibiting artist. I know this is an extensive proposal but I don't have another job, I am an artist full time, or I am supposed to be, but I don't always work full time. So this will help with that Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

etsy: www.lynnaquaheart.etsy.com
Like me on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/AquaheartStudios
Follow Me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/LynnAquaheart
I have a blog about all things creative! http://lynnaquaheart.blogspot.com
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: December 08, 2012 09:50:18 AM »

Okay, craftsters, I need your advice because my boyfriend has me worried. As you have seen, the TARDIS I made does not have the little lamp on top. I don't think it needs the lamp, my boyfriend insists I should add one. I fear it will look overdone, break the sleek likes it has now and, I don't know, become one of those things that make people say "crafty=crappy". He on the other hand says that my TARDIS looks unfinished and that if I give it like this, I will have missed on of the most important part, the flashing, vworp vworp light and that the recipient would likely be a bit disappointed about that. What do you think? Leave it as it is, or put the lamp on there?

I personally like the idea of addign the light on top.  Noodle-bug offers a great suggestion.  I would try mocking it up.  If you don't like it out of canvas & yarn, it could even be something you make out of a knob or bead, etc.  It would be like a handle on top! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #179 on: December 08, 2012 10:04:59 AM »

@pattyo: such cute bows!

@TechnicolorAquahearts: ~*OWL Approved*~ This sounds like an amazing OWL and the perfect way to get your art muses singing!  And what a detailed plan...I love it!  I can't wait to see the final results.  Feel free to post progress pics; we love to ooooooo & ahhhhh.  I'm sending you a few vials of Invigoration Draught to keep your energy boosted during your weeks of study.  Sending blessings of luck!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012 10:07:00 AM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 148 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get a Quiff
Use Dry Shampoo to Make Your Blowout Last for Days
Emo Hair: Haircuts for Boys
Emo Hair: Haircuts for Girls
How to Remove Hair Extensions
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Coffee Mug Cozy
March 25, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: How to Make 110 Prayer Flags

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...