A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 302,122
Currently Running With Scissors:
414 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 148
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 216368 times)
Tags for this thread: alchemy , harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Supermutts
« Reply #160 on: December 07, 2012 02:28:32 PM »

~*OWL PROPOSAL HEADER*~
OWL Subject & Option(if available): Muggle Studies
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Jack Sparrow Lap Quilt
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques used, materials using, plan of action, expected timeline, etc.)
For my muggle studies owl exam I propose to make a lap quilt. How is this related to muggle studies you may ask? Well, my sister in law is obsessed with muggle movies, especially those featuring the actor Johnny Depp. So for her Birthday in the end of January I will delve into the world of muggle television and make her a Johnny Depp lap-quilt. The quilt is going to be a pixelated image of him as Captain Jack Sparrow, the most famous of muggle pirates.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty." -Captain Mal
pottermouth
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #161 on: December 07, 2012 02:35:23 PM »

The most amazing things get made here, don't they? What a crafty bunch of students!  Grin

Class/Challenge/House Pride: House Unity
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Hogwarts Crest papercut ornament
Brief Description: For the HPH2 Swap I made two papercut ornaments, an Eeylops Owl Emporium one for tapestrymlp, and a Hogwarts Crest for Solitary Cricket. The bow has all the colours of the Houses and the entire ornament is about 3" across.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #162 on: December 07, 2012 05:56:55 PM »

Class: Potions
House: Ra-ra-ravenclaw!
Project; MASSIVE SOCKS
My brother has big feet. Huge. So big he can't get shoes in regular shops.

You know what they say about men with big feet, don't you?
that's right - massive socks.

So, I have attempted a swelling potion to make these socks big enough to fit him. For reference, that white sock on top is one of mine, an adult lady (in fact an adult lady with quite big feet herself!).

I don't have enough hands to hold them in place and take a photo at the same time, but if you arrange them right you can get the socks to cover 12'' along each of three axis (one sock on a diagonal sticking out of the page, if you see what I mean) I promise!

Class; Study of Ancient Runes
House: Still Ravenclaw
Project:
I'll be posting this on craftster properly tomorrow with more pictures (if I remember....) but you guys are getting a sneak peek Wink It's a photo album cover filled with pictures of all my crafty stuffs. Since most of what I make is gifts or swaps, I hardly ever get to keep it so I thought it would be nice to have somewhere a record to commemorate my makes Cheesy So, since my main craft (well, when I not loom-knitting socks like a madwoman) is needlecraft, I made a sampler to cover the album in

Since all my trailing threads are pulled off and around the cover, I re-lined the inside for tidyness and to help secure them (with brown craft paper to match the existing book) and replaced the tie ribbon (the one that came on the book was black and didn't work at all with my grey linen)
I'm securing pictures with glue dots and stamping project titles on, but that will be an ongoing project - now I'm just happy to have the book cover done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #163 on: December 07, 2012 06:07:40 PM »

I love the papercut, pottermouth - how did you set it in the ornament?

Ant bee - have no fear! I have some cookies that Hermione helped me lace with a confidence charm (we were going to give Ron one before his next quidditch match) - would you like one to help pep you up for Monday? You don't need one, I know you'll do great, but maybe it would help you feel better Cheesy

talking of quidditch - I'm excited to hear more about the ravenclaw team - I've never been very good at sport do my my dodgy vision (blind in one eye so no depth perception) but I think i'd be at least as good a commentator as Luna... or maybe I could be official team mascot / cheerleader?!?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
WhistleFish
« Reply #164 on: December 07, 2012 06:54:41 PM »

@Ant Bee: Good luck this weekend! I'm sending you some of the productivity drought that I borrowed from one of the house elves for when they're feeling a bit under the weather.  Smiley

@Supermutts:
I can't wait to see this quilt! It sounds awesome.

@pottermouth:
I don't understand how you make something like that, but I really like it!

@noodle-bug:
Those are massive socks! I think your brother will love them. And I love the book idea! I might have to steal it. Hehe. I love the sampler you did for the front too. You know waaaay more stitches than I do. I'm sure your needlecraft is fantabulous.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #165 on: December 07, 2012 07:36:48 PM »

@SuperMutts: Welcome to Hogwarts!  I am happy to see you jump right into your OWL; you are showing your true Ravenclaw tendencies.  ~*OWL Approved*~  The muggle tale of Jack Sparrow is fascinating and is a great research project for Muggle Studies.  I am sending you a bottle of Blishen's Firewhisky to get you in the pirate spirit.  Sending blessings of luck!

@pottermouth: Wondrous Papercutting & Ornament!  And YAY HPH2...loving all the ornaments in that gallery!!

@noddle-bug: Those are some big socks; I would say you have mastered your Sock Swelling Potion.  And What a Great Runes Assignment!!!  I too never keep many of my projects (my go to either swapping, loved ones, or charity).  Your project will be a great commemoration of your feats of crafting!

Okay off to put finishing touches on my HPH2 ornaments.  (I promised myself not to craft for quidditch until those are done!)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012 07:40:50 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

PenguinSoup
Tutorial Contributor

Reject only your ignorance, and you may survive.

« Reply #166 on: December 07, 2012 09:00:35 PM »

@pottermouth: How did you make that?! I need to try that! It looks amazing!!
@noodle: Holy huge socks batman! You must have the patience of a master and I love that book and cover!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

« Reply #167 on: December 07, 2012 10:43:30 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Alchemy
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: four stages bows
Brief Description: Here are colored bows representing the four stages of the great work. red, yellow, black, white.  These will be given to my sister in law to gift to her littles for Christmas.  I'll probably make her a few more bows within the week if I have the time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Audania1
Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

« Reply #168 on: December 07, 2012 11:31:41 PM »

Oh goodness! I'm gone for a day and all kinds of crafty wonderfulness appears. I have been blissfully sitting on my behind, having a very crafty birthday while eating cheesecake and drinking champagne. The wonderfulest part of it? Nobody gets to complain about my craft stuff being everywhere! Well, they can complain, but I thoroughly have been given the ability to not care! Woohoo!

I love the idea of a craft photo album and I truly may "borrow" that idea. I am in the same boat of super crafting for everyone else and hardly ever get to keep any of it. This may be something awesome I could keep for myself and also stick in and remember all the cool stuff I've done. That's it. I'm totally stealing borrowing this. I want this http://www.urbanthreads.com/products.aspx?productid=UTH1348 on the cover and I want to use this http://www.urbanthreads.com/tutorials.aspx?t=Antique+Embroidered+Book tutorial. I may have to put that castle one on the back though. With a dragon. And green flames.

In OWL news, I'm working pretty good. I've been keeping up with my three recipes per book per day. My hand really does not like cramping, though, so I may take tomorrow off to give it a rest Sad . Is it possible to bruise the tip of your index finger? I still love the idea of these cook books, though, and am glad to have started them so early.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FreakieGeekie

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

« Reply #169 on: December 08, 2012 12:33:11 AM »

Forgot to ask: does the 3 weeks have to be the entire time worked on the OWL or can it include time having to wait to get supplies? I'm out of the base cloth I use for the style of doll I want to make so I'll have to wait 'til next week. Otherwise, the doll may only take me about two weeks to do (usually a week and a half in my spare time but I've got lots of other stuff to make, what with the holidays and all). If not, I can always make lots of different outfits for him Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 148 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Graffiti Painting
How to Make Graffiti Characters
How to Make Graffiti Cartoons
How to Make Graffiti People
How to Make Graffiti on Paper
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Creating a Travel Journal
Eggs? Eggzactly!
Meatless Monday: Kale Yeah!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...