A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 298,707
Currently Running With Scissors:
781 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 148
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 200420 times)
Tags for this thread: alchemy , harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ErinAquaheart
« Reply #1400 on: February 26, 2013 10:57:48 PM »

And just for good measure...today I found another horcrux...

Challenge: Horcrux--Hufflepuffs Chalice
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Starry TimeTurner
Project Description: TimeTurners are very distinctive and some witches/wizards resort to interesting means in order to keep them secret and safe. Hermione carried hers tucked inside her clothes but the one I found is decidedly more showy.  I used memory wire, black and purple star beads, and a very nice timeturnnnn...ummm watch face to make this Hermione inspired wristwatch. Just the thing when you need a little MORE time.....

The time piece:

The reverse side:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Moonflame
« Reply #1401 on: February 27, 2013 10:15:01 AM »

I wish there was a counter to show how many times someone viewed your pics, because I keep coming back to look at everyone's projects over and over again. Smiley

Tiamatfire - That sweater is so adorable!  I'm working up the courage to do some intarsia.  Soon. . . Smiley

Jenieingram - OMG, those tea earrings, and coat pin!  So cute!  And the book thong, and Earth set are just lovely.  The tea blend sounds amazing.  And that hat!  Wow!!  That must have been a lot of work.  I just love the stitching around the edge, too!

Pinkleo - Your squares never ceasr to amaze me.  You find and make the coolest patterns!  And those socks are darling.  It would be fun to have a garland of those. :  Your stitchmarkers are totally inspiring me.  I need to make a list of all the things I've been inspired to try here!

pottermouth - The origami ring is excellent!  And the dollhouse dolls made me like this:  Shocked  Do they have halfpenny doll bodies?  (pipe cleaners wrapped with embroidery floss)  Dumbledore's hat is awesome!  Oh, and the falafels with tzatziki.  Yep, I'm inspired.  A couple of my kids are gluten-intolerant, but falafels we can do! (sans the pocket)

Eiseldora - I'd never heard of mono-printing before.  What a cool technique!  Your snake makes me think of the cover of an ancient book of Magic.  Smiley

Erinaquaheart - Your Slytherin bracelet - that is such a gorgeous clasp!  And the watch is beautiful!  Is your koi floor in a yoga studio?  I remember seeing you talk about doing it for a client, but I don't think I ever saw where it was being done.  It's so peaceful.  Just lovely!

Jenleahlynn - I've done a few art cards on playing cards, but I'd never thought of cutting, folding, adding doors, etc.  I love what you did!  And your kneazle bookmark is sooooo cute! (We have 3 cats, and I adore all cat-like things, LOL!)

Wow!  I'm sure glad I found this place! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1402 on: February 27, 2013 10:28:17 AM »

Thank you all for the kind words about my OWL project.  It was a really fun one to make, so it's making me quite joyful to know other people like it too.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1403 on: February 27, 2013 10:29:26 AM »

As promised on Monday, here is an updated progress pic of my NEWT.  I haven't gotten any more work done on it since Sunday, as we're in Tech for a large musical, but I hope to get back to it tomorrow night after work.  Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1404 on: February 27, 2013 10:35:26 AM »

Class: Muggle Studies
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Old Skool Gaming Coasters
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: Oh my, do I have an unearthly amount of perler beads. It's really ridiculous. We sat this morning and had a little handcraft time and made Pac Man, the Galaga ship, and the Companion Cube, even though that one isn't old school. Going to add felt to the back to make them usable as coasters.

And with that I think I am done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1405 on: February 27, 2013 10:49:22 AM »

Moonflame, thatnks for the compliment! I used Sally Mavor's book and you can find the book link and more pics here
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Moonflame
« Reply #1406 on: February 27, 2013 11:02:58 AM »

Jennieingram - How big will your NEWT be when it's done?  It's looking great!

Pottermouth - I love those!  My fave is the companion cube. Smiley  I have a Q about your table.  How did you do that?? I noticed it in the falafel pics, too.  THANK YOU for the link.  OMG, cuteness galore! Cheesy

OK, here is probably my final submission for the Winter semester.  I started them before I found HPC, but during the Winter semester.  If they don't count, I'll understand!  At least the looming end of term got me off my bum and sewing on buttons!   Roll Eyes

Class: Herbology
House:Hufflepuff
Project Name: Buttoned Up
Project Description: These legwarmers protect not only from the cold, but from plants that try to scratch and sting you, such as the venomous tentacula!  I learned more than I expected to about buttons while making these.  I'm very glad I finally got them on today.  I was avoiding it for a while. ^_^  I ended up going with buttons from the Royal Welch [sic] Fusiliers.  Shiny!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
ErinAquaheart
« Reply #1407 on: February 27, 2013 11:51:34 AM »

Moonflame: She is using the room for a work space for her new business. She has a online website for teachers. It's really neat, with lots of teaching tools, lesson plans, and common core standard stuff on it. Really useful. She wants to eventually hold workshops and meetings in there. For her personal use it WILL be for yoga and meditation.

Pottermouth:Those legwarmers are fantastic!!! I love the buttons.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tiamatfire
« Reply #1408 on: February 27, 2013 01:27:27 PM »

Thanks guys, the sweater fits just perfectly!  I have some gratuitous action shots:

Oh, and it's not intarsia Moonflame, it's fair-isle just knit flat instead of in the round.  You can do it!  Especially seeing those great spats.

@Jennieingram - love your OWL, again with the awesome stitch markers!  Would you be offended if I made some for myself?  They are so wonderful!  Everything else is great too, especially that hat.

@Pinkleo - holy afghan squares, batman!  They are all fantastic, and you are so speedy!  Looks like you might be feeling a bit better, yay!   Cheesy

@Pottermouth - LOL at Moldy Voldy, and great job!  Also lurrve falafel and tzatziki and those coasters.

@Eiseldora - Aw I think it looks pretty neat, especially for a first try at a new technique.

@Erinaquaheart - Lovely bracelets!

@jenleahlynn - I love that kitty bookmark!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do love knitting patterns!" - Albus Dumbledore

Harry Potter Craftalong: Spring Semester!
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1409 on: February 27, 2013 01:37:27 PM »

Aw! Love the action shots, tiamatfire!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 148 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Choosing Fabric for Sewing
How to Sew a Button
Binding a Quilt
Quilting: Squaring Up Material
Quilts You Can Make for Kids
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...