A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 302,596
Currently Running With Scissors:
759 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 148
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 179749 times)
Tags for this thread: alchemy , harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sammylouise40
Polymer Clayaholic

Nerdy Crafter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1330 on: February 22, 2013 08:04:45 PM »

Sorry I haven't been on in a while. I've been working on school work, OWH cards, and swaps. Here is something I have been working on:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Bertie Bott's Bean-Grass
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Cezanne painting on an ATC
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques/recipe used, any fun tips, etc.)  I'm in a swap where we have to do our rendition of a Cezanne painting. I did a still life that he painted and made it into an ATC. I painted it myself. I submitting it for Grass since it has the green apples and pears.
Project Picture:

@FreakieGeekie I can not wait to see that Snape you are making. From the pictures I've seen, he's going to be so neat. Smiley
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013 08:09:50 PM by sammylouise40 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swapping altered puzzle pieces. PM me if interested in swapping.

My Pinterest!
jenleahlynn
« Reply #1331 on: February 22, 2013 08:50:45 PM »

owl update-

i'm getting frustrated with this project. my main area has been colored pencils, and i've been experimenting with watercolors, and watercolor pencils. i've had some good results, but trying to do the portrait of my grandmother is just not turning out how i had hoped. the art show i wanted to submit it to is due in just under 2 weeks, so i think i'm going to switch and try working in colored pencils at least for the faces, and maybe a mix of watercolors and pencils. the studys, and the layout i've come up with will still work, it's just those skin tones and facial features i'm not happy with. i've started over a couple times and my kids have been asking how many copies i plan to make........

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenleahlynn

harry potter craft along- winter semester
2013-art journal along
journal prompt swap
shop the swap winter
breaking dawn swap
ongoing atc swap
jenleahlynn
« Reply #1332 on: February 22, 2013 09:12:03 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride:ancient runes
House:gryffendor
Project Name:lori's choclate peanut butter pie
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques/recipe used, any fun tips, etc.)runes were often to commemorate an event or a person. my daughter got an expander put on her teeth this week. in a couple of months she will be getting braces as well. she's the first of our kids down this path, but her sisters will soon be following. she's been a great sport and says it doesn't hurt much, but she's having a hard time eating anything that isn't soft. including the valentine candy that is still around the house, so her sister and i decided to make a treat for her. it started off as batch of chocolate pudding, and a batch of vanilla pudding, then we tried turning it into a pie.
we poured the instructions on the box and poured the choclate pudding into the baked pie crust. then we took peanut butter, and mixed it with cream cheese, powdered sugar,and  the vanilla pudding we had already made. than poured that into the pie crust.  we didn't let the chocolate layer chill long enough before putting the peanut butter layer on top, or before trying to serve it. it's a bit of a mess to look at, but it tastes really good, and everyone was able to have some.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenleahlynn

harry potter craft along- winter semester
2013-art journal along
journal prompt swap
shop the swap winter
breaking dawn swap
ongoing atc swap
ErinAquaheart
« Reply #1333 on: February 23, 2013 09:33:10 AM »

This week has been SO long! Today should really be the last day of painting. My client decided to have a go at some paint on the floor too. Now there are swirls and bubbles scattered through the pond. I can't seem to get good pictures of the room so I'll just have to post each section as best I can. I'll probably do that tomorrow.

Class/Challenge: Bertie Bott's Bean Challenge--GRASS
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Little Green Alien Earrings
Project Description: I love this bean challenge! It makes me happy. I went and saw Escape from Planet Earth and just had to make me some aliens. Remember...they come in peace.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1334 on: February 23, 2013 03:20:04 PM »

Ahhhhhh....I missed Advanced Studies Friday! Embarrassed  Bad, bad headmistress!  Sorry everyone; I have ironed my hands!  I've been spending my free time at Ravelry's HPKCHC Hogsmeade Weekend; I signed up as storekeeper before I got sick and just couldn't break my commitment so juggling lots this weekend.  If you happen to be on Ravelry, stop by the HPKCHC's Hogsmeade Weekend.  You don't have to be sorted into a House to participate.  And make sure to stop by Wiseacre's Wizarding Equipment. Cool

In other news, I spent most of today at my son's band competition.  Judging took forever!  But I couldn't be upset since my son got a 1st division rating and is heading to State.  Proud Band Mom Moment! Grin

....okay to catch up on what I missed and then to work on my Bertie Bott Grass project (Spoiler Alert, it is going to be more PRR squares from a skein of stashed green yarn) and then settling down with my OAHPT project.....
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013 03:21:10 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #1335 on: February 23, 2013 03:46:55 PM »

@jennie: Oh, that ghan is looking fabulous and so cozy!  I must remember that yarn choice for my next go around.  (I've destashed tons with my PRR squares so I will not feel so bad buying more yarn...plus, Xmas gifts must be made...right? Wink)

@indigo_roses: Way to go on your OWL work!

@PenguinSoup: YAY for getting back to your Advanced Studies.  Never fear, your OWL & NEWT will carry over to next semester.   OH Divine Homespun, the stuff of yarnie daydreams.  Love the socks!  And YUMMY Flying project!

@pottermouth: Your NEWT is looking amazing!  And YUM bowl of goodness! Kiss for recipe link.  And adore your luminaries. Grin

@tia: Rock that NEWT!  And love your sushi!

@sammylouise: Though a student is missed when they are quiet for awhile, don't fret upon it.  We all understand that the real world & life sometimes calls, and one has to answer.  Happy to see you & your projects!  Your ATC Painting is fantastic!

@jenleahlynn: Sending art blessings!  I completely understand the frustration of not finding the perfect solution.  May you find it soon.  I think doing pieces encompassing someone you so love makes your task of finding satisfaction more difficult.  And your Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie sounds so delish!

@ErinAquaheart: I am excited to see the finished floor!  And your Little Green Alien Earrings are cute! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sammylouise40
Polymer Clayaholic

Nerdy Crafter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1336 on: February 23, 2013 05:33:03 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Apparition
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Pen/Marker Holder
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques/recipe used, any fun tips, etc.) Today I went shopping and bought a bunch of must needed pens. I usually hold my essential crafting tools in my Hello Kitty box but when I tried to put all my new pens in it they did not fit. Oh no! What was I to do? So I decided to make a holder for them. My mom got some candy for Christmas that came in this container and I've been holding onto for the right project. Today, it was needed. I took some blue paper (blue so that it would match my storage bin), doodled on it with my new pens and some stickles and then glued it around the container. Voila! I have a new pen holder. If I get too many more pens though I might have to make something bigger. I'm including a few pictures of it. Two of the sides and one of it in action.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swapping altered puzzle pieces. PM me if interested in swapping.

My Pinterest!
PenguinSoup
Tutorial Contributor

Reject only your ignorance, and you may survive.

« Reply #1337 on: February 23, 2013 06:38:03 PM »

@Moonflame
I have a few drop spindles and have tried using them but I'm horrible at it. My mom got me a wee Peggy spinning wheel in August so I've only been spinning off and on for six months. I've spun about seven 4oz braids which totals 1.6lbs. Which really isn't a lot. I still consider myself a beginner. I can spin pretty thin now so I need to challenge myself to see if I can spin a bit thicker and control my thickness.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

« Reply #1338 on: February 23, 2013 09:10:45 PM »

Had a halleluiah moment on my OAHPT OWL today.  Didn't know if something would work, but would need two hours of work just to see.  Went for it and BAM looks *incredible*.  I'm so excited for this project to come together!  Happy dancing right now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FreakieGeekie

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1339 on: February 23, 2013 09:29:35 PM »

I finished Snape but I think I accidentally packed him up in my fabric stash!
I've looked all over but haven't found him yet so that's where he has to be!
And I dread opening my stash box because it is packed to the point that I'm convinced if I pull the top off fabric will fly everywhere.
I'll have to man up and do it though because I know he's not happy in the box (if that's where he is)!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 148 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
A Romantic Updo to Wear to All Your Fall Formals
How To Get A Bump In Your Ponytail
How to Get a Low Ponytail with an Extreme Side Part
3 Simple Tricks to Hide Your Roots
Great Homecoming Hair Styles For Cheap
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...