A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,583
Currently Running With Scissors:
520 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 148
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 179660 times)
Tags for this thread: alchemy , harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

AugustBell
« Reply #1320 on: February 22, 2013 06:50:12 AM »

I love that v-day jewelry set, Pinkleo! The color of that pendant is just gorgeous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1321 on: February 22, 2013 07:18:00 AM »

~*Advanced Studies Friday Update*~

OWL Project - Alchemy, Option 1: DONE & Shipped off to the lovely FiberAlchemist!
I spent Tuesday & Wednesday nights finishing last minute details on the Water & Earth components.  Then I brought all the components to work yesterday to take pictures, before packing it up.  Stopped at the post office on my way home in the pouring rain, and now it's on the way to its new home.  Scheduled to arrive Monday, so hopefully I'll be able to post pictures by Tuesday or Wednesday.

NEWT Project - Charms
Two Faithful Souls Afghan

I have begun crocheting my Two Faithful Souls Afghan for my friend's wedding.  The wedding is in May, so I do have plenty of time, but I am hoping to keep it to 4-5 weeks of crafting time.  I have completed the first 10 rounds, which is about 8% of the ghan.  Here is a picture I took just before bed last night.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

It does not due to dwell on lists and forget to craft.
indigo_roses
« Reply #1322 on: February 22, 2013 07:33:32 AM »

OWL Update:

I've been doing a lot of work on my OWL this week, and now have 80 squares in my box! My pseudo-mathematical estimate of how many squares I'll be able to fit is 90, so that means I only have about 10 more squares to go before my box is full, and my OWL is complete!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
PenguinSoup
Tutorial Contributor

Reject only your ignorance, and you may survive.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1323 on: February 22, 2013 08:02:03 AM »

OWL UPDATE:
I've started working on my owl again! I had to take a break with the puppy but now I'm not sure it'll get finished in time. I haven't touched my newt in weeks again. I'm hoping to get to that in a bit.

I do have two projects to post, I just need to take some pictures. I need more time in a day, I miss my knitting. I have been spinning a bit though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PenguinSoup
Tutorial Contributor

Reject only your ignorance, and you may survive.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1324 on: February 22, 2013 08:37:05 AM »

Class: Arithmancy
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Magnificent Maelificent Spin
Brief Description: This was fibre from Gnome Acres in the Maelificent colourway. I divided it into two and predrafted it to have a more subtle colour change. I then navajo plied it so it is a three ply yarn and should be self striping. I have about 220 yards of it. It might become a shawlette.
Project Picture:
The raw material:

The finished yarn. (It hasn't been washed or whacked yet)

Class: Herbology
Project Name: Stripey Socks
Brief Description: I realize that I've posted about 3 herbology classes but some just didn't fit right so they've been moved into different categories. This will be the last time you see a herbology post from me this semester. These are my mom's birthday socks. They're about a month late but I hope she thinks they were worth the wait. They won't protect her ears for mandrakes but they'll protect her always cold feet from freezing over. They aren't washed yet either.
Project Picture:

Class: Flying
Project Name: Food for the Road
Brief Description: Everyone knows that you need to stay alert while flying so you don't bump into buildings, owls, muggle flying crafts and other such things. These are a super filling, vegetarian meal or snack to keep the flyer alert and safe. They are jumbo shells filled with ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, dill, parsley, onion, and spinach.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1325 on: February 22, 2013 12:39:49 PM »

NEWT update: (this exam has kicked me in the cauldron!)

All of the panels have been sewn together and are waiting for the batting and backing. Wishing I hadn't put back that black flannel sheet that was on sale last month...oh well. Here's another fantastic picture.  Tongue

Additional stuff I've learned while attempting this NEWT:
1. My admiration for quilters has increased tenfold.
2. If I ever, ever, ever decide to quilt again I will not use stretchy fabric. Ever.
3. Stick with knitting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Moonflame
« Reply #1326 on: February 22, 2013 02:51:04 PM »

Jennieingram - I love the Two Faithful souls 'ghan.  The symbolism is lovely, and such a great wedding gift!

Penguin Soup - The stuffed shells are making my hungry!  I bet your mom is going to love the socks - esp as she thinks about all the love that went into knitting them each time she puts them on. Smiley  The yarn you spun?  Can I just say, WOW!  Do you drop spin or use a wheel?  (or something else?  I'm not yet a spinner.)

Pottermouth - your quilt is amazing!  I did a twin size quilt once.  I don't really have the desire to do one again, LOL!  Maybe little wall hangings, and lap quilts, but not a bed quilt.  SO MUCH WORK!!! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1327 on: February 22, 2013 06:39:25 PM »

Challenge: Bertie Bott's GREEN
Project Name: Hearty Meatball Soup with Spinach and Recycled Luminaries
Project Page Link (if available): Recipe Found Here
Brief Description: I can't believe I have missed out on the Bertie Bott's Challenges. But not today! Yesterday we raided the recycle bin and dug out several glass jars. Then we rummaged through the craft bin and found mounds of tissue paper and with a little glue (mixed with water) our luminaries were created! The inspiration came from the fantastic Good Earth Art book that we checked out from the library. As far as the soup goes, DS always tries the "Aprons" meals they prepare in Publix and then decides if it's good enough to make at home. This recipe got the thumbs up and that was dinner. For those of you that want to forgo the meat, here is a  veggie meatball recipe. (psst...I also added chick peas....mmmmm)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

tiamatfire
« Reply #1328 on: February 22, 2013 07:10:27 PM »

For Advanced Studies Friday:

My NEWT has been picked up again, and I've now finished 4 of 11 characters on the cross-stitch, and am halfway through a fifth.  I don't have a picture yet, but I'll take one tomorrow!  I need to buy two more skeins of thread, I didn't realize I hadn't purchased any charcoal grey or light grey.  At least I can send hubby with the DMC thread numbers to the store, because he knows what they are from his mom!

My OWL has some finished maki sushi:

And today I was able to buy little white organza bags I can use to make some play teabags!  I'll cut up some brown felt shapes and put them in the bags, and then sew them shut and store them in an empty Twinings (or Murchies) tea tin.

The quilt and afghan are looking great!  Go go advanced studies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do love knitting patterns!" - Albus Dumbledore

Harry Potter Craftalong: Spring Semester!
Moonflame
« Reply #1329 on: February 22, 2013 07:49:51 PM »

OWL proposal:

OWL Subject & Option(if available): Muggle Studies
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Lothlorien
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques used, materials using, plan of action, expected timeline, etc.)
In my study of Muggles, I came across a fascinating tale called The Lord of the Rings.  My OWL proposal is a baby blanket inspired by the elven cloaks gifted to the Fellowship by the lady Galadriel.  The blanket pattern is knitted in a lace design of Elvish origin and can be seen here:

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/elven-pixie-baby-blanket

I propose to make one in grey for my great-niece, Lucy, who is due in May. (OMG, I will be a great aunt at 43, LOL!)  If I get it done soon enough, I plan to add some coordinating layette items (hat, socks, etc.) 

This is my first OWL proposal.  I hope I did it right! 

~Moonflame
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 148 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Setting up Microsoft Word Import Options
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Selecting, Adjusting and Filling Text Frames
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Changing the Basic Paragraph Style
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Organizing Elements in the Layers Palette
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Creating Frames for Text and Graphics
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...