A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,115
Currently Running With Scissors:
463 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 148
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 167804 times)
Tags for this thread: alchemy , harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

the_essence
« Reply #1250 on: February 14, 2013 09:57:06 PM »

Headmistress pinkleo I hope you feel better!! Sending lots of Pepperup Potion your way!
And Headmistress jennie that badge is gorgeoussss, makes me want to get all the horcruxes even more!

patty_o your chocolates look delightful and sammy congrats on being accepted into the Order! I can't believe you make ATCs out of clay, that is so cool!

I'll be back soon to catch up more fully Smiley But hope everyone had a lovely Valentine's Day!

A quick update, sorry my picture isn't loading, but I figured I better post this before it gets later so I'll come back and fix that.

___________________ ___________________ ___________________ ___________________ __________________

Training Session 4: All about TEAM SPIRIT!
Ends Thursday, February 28th

For the final session let's show everyone how pumped we are for the upcoming Quidditch season!

Craft something you would wear/take to the big match OR something to help cheer on the team!

See you on the Quidditch Pitch!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013 09:46:08 AM by the_essence » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1251 on: February 15, 2013 06:23:16 AM »

Patty_o, the chocolates look amazing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

It does not due to dwell on lists and forget to craft.
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1252 on: February 15, 2013 07:32:55 AM »

~*Happy Advanced Studies Friday!*~

Don't forget to check in and let us all know how you're doing on your OWL's & NEWT's!  We'd love to be able to cheer you on as you craft such big projects.  Cheesy

And to start things off, here's my completed NEWT!
NEWT Subject: History of Magic
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name: Potterwatch Afghan

Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=420351.0
Brief Description: I've finished my NEWT!  Which just happens to be my second ever afghan.  Smiley  This one was much easier than my first one (made for pinkleo last semester).  The pattern was super simple and worked up quickly.  I spent exactly 4 weeks on it, crocheting whenever DH & I were watching television together.  The pattern is called Kew Gardens, and is available for free from Lion Brand.  The yarn was Lion Brand Homespun in Earth, Lagoon & Barrington.  The last picture has a 48" long ruler for scale. 

Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1253 on: February 15, 2013 07:39:36 AM »

Challenge: Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Bean - Chocolate
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Valentine Treat Bags for my students

Brief Description: After creating my sewing themed Valentine cards for my students, I decided to make them up bags of treats too.  I ended up making 20 bags of goodies, for students, colleagues and friends.  (I had so many I had to organize them by groups on my desk, so this picture is of one group only.) The treat bags & ribbon came from Dollar Tree, as did the bag of Jelly Belly beans, gummy hearts, cinnamon gum, Rice Krispies Treats, and cherry lollipops in each one.  In an effort to battle that Horcrux otherwise-known-as child slavery, I searched for some Fair Trade chocolate to include.  Ended up finding vegan-friendly Endangered Species brand chocolate squares at Kroger, in mint and cranberry almond varieties.  
Project Picture:
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013 07:43:20 AM by jennieingram » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1254 on: February 15, 2013 09:42:17 AM »

Advanced Studies Friday - OWL Update
This week I got around to completing my Water component of my OWL.  Now I just have to work on Fire, and then create a little something extra to go with my Earth project.  I've toyed with what to make with it, and think I may have figured out something fun.  Must pick up a single supply for it though.  Hope to do that while out and about this weekend.  Sadly my weekend will only be one day this week.  I have to be at work all day on Sunday, as we are having a work call for Pirates of Penzance.   Sad

Earth:  A ________ and _________ _______, made from the rare and beautiful _______ _______ and _________ ________ _______, accented with a _________ _______ _______ will represent Earth.  (May be adding a small addition.)

Air:  A fun and hopefully very unexpected project.  I will be using a ________ _________ ___________ to create a Ladie's __________ _________ in __________ _________ ____________, complete with ______________ __________ and _________ to represent the noble ___________, in honor or Ravenclaw House.

Fire: A project that warms the soul.  I will be combining ___________ and __________ to create a custom _____________ ___________ for FiberAlchemist to enjoy while at home.

Water: The true inspiration for the previous elements/components.  Tiny handcrafted _________ __________ in a happy shade of ____________ ____________, to wear while out at dear FiberAlchemist's favorite haunt, __________ ___________'s ___________ ___________.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013 09:44:48 AM by jennieingram » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1255 on: February 15, 2013 10:03:00 AM »

Does the pics or no points count for the Florish and Blotts idiom challenge? I know I posted one but I don't think there were points for it.
Yes points.  I'm tallying them at the end of the semester.  All idioms posted fifth post, first page.  Colored coded for house for easy tally. Grin

The idiom was different, since we needed to produce a sentence Cheesy It was 2 pts, I believe.
Kiss Maman!  Yes, idioms are 2 points each.

Does the pics or no points count for the Florish and Blotts idiom challenge? I know I posted one but I don't think there were points for it.

The Flourish & Blott's Challenge is an exception.  No pictures are needed because you are producing words only.  The reason you are not seeing points for it beside your name in the Completed Classes & Challenges post yet is because the points for these will be totaled and added on at the end of the semester.  Smiley
Kiss jennie!

FLOURISH & BLOTTS: One entry per student. 2 points per entry. You have until the end of semester to submit. Points tallied at the end of the semester. Word crafting so no pics required.  If you haven't sent one in yet, there is still time to score points for your house! Cool
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013 10:08:09 AM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #1256 on: February 15, 2013 10:11:25 AM »

~*Happy Advanced Studies Friday*~

My ASF Update: I've completed more squares for my NEWT (almost to the end of making squares YAY!), but my OWL has suffered from me being sick Tongue

jennie, your ghan is grand!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013 10:34:25 AM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

tiamatfire
« Reply #1257 on: February 15, 2013 10:34:37 AM »

Keep getting better Pinkleo!

Great NEWT Jennie, that is SO much work  Shocked

Also, WANT CHOCOLATE.

My OWL sweater turned out so much better after blocking!  I cut my head out of the picture just because I hadn't had a chance to shower.

The cupcakes I've made for my current OWL.  The "vanilla" cake yarn didn't work as well for some reason, so they're really uneven.  I'm not too worried about it though since they're for play.  Next up is some sewing I hope, possibly some crochet!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do love knitting patterns!" - Albus Dumbledore

Harry Potter Craftalong: Spring Semester!
ErinAquaheart
« Reply #1258 on: February 15, 2013 10:45:18 AM »

WOAH!! Patty_O! Those chocolates are amazing!!!
Congrats Sammy for the OotP! I can't wait to find my last two horcrux.
And Tiamatfire: the sweater is awesome and I love the cupcakes. I wanna play with them...  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

« Reply #1259 on: February 15, 2013 01:28:46 PM »

YAY! Awesome afghan Jennie! It turned out wonderful.

tiamatfire - your sweater fits you PERFECT! I love it even more after an action shot!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 148 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sofia Vergara Named Head and Shoulders Spokesperson
How To Get Gel Nails at Home
7 Fabulous Winter Beauty Fixes
The Monday Makeover - Double Braid Tutorial
The Monday Makeover - Full Brow Tutorial
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...