A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 296,585
Currently Running With Scissors:
743 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 148
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 180859 times)
Tags for this thread: alchemy , harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jenleahlynn
« Reply #1230 on: February 12, 2013 06:56:40 PM »

Loveiosa the valentines. My kids already have some for their classes, but I may try this just for them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenleahlynn

harry potter craft along- winter semester
2013-art journal along
journal prompt swap
shop the swap winter
breaking dawn swap
ongoing atc swap
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1231 on: February 13, 2013 06:08:47 AM »

Love the snake bracelet patty_o!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1232 on: February 13, 2013 01:23:29 PM »

That nagini bracelet is so lovely!!

I really don't have much for the HPC this week... Here it goes.

Challenge: Bertie Beans's CHOCOLATE
House: Gryffindor
Desc.: I've spined some brown yarn because all the brown yarn I had was not the right yarn I had in mind for a specific doll. So here it goes, and the color is very milky chocolate to me! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
FreakieGeekie

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1233 on: February 13, 2013 05:08:21 PM »

Maman,  that yarn is lovely!
Don't feel bad, I don't have anything for the HPC at all because I've been cleaning.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

« Reply #1234 on: February 13, 2013 05:59:28 PM »

Well, my History of Magic experiment went a little haywire. Of course I'd put out something to freeze and we'd get a bloody heatwave (in the 40'sF for days!!) so all the snow is melting but I think the latex balloon must have frozen at some point or got compromised because there is now a large spot of blue snow and some balloon bits tossed about. (maybe the squirrels got fiesty?) So looks like I'll be trying to hide a water balloon in the freezer overnight. My family is used to my wacky ways, but still... sometimes it's best not to let them know exactly how wacky I may be!

In other news, I have my Alchemy assignment to turn in. So, now's as good a time as any:

Class: Alchemy
House Slytherin
Project: Needle felted Fawkes
Description: For Christmas I started a needle felted Fawkes for my nephew, but I broke my one needle. Good times.  I have fixed him up as good as can be for Valentine's day (Other nephew is getting my earlier post of The Navigator) and here he is. He uses all the colors listed in the assignment- Black in the beak, White in the eyes, Red in the body (and the dreaded fun-fur of his plumage) and yellow is mixed in with the orange of his belly.  I think he came out ok, but I really wish I had the needle to do it up the way I see it in my head. Oh well, at least I know my nephew isn't as tough a critic as I am- he's 11 so he's pretty cool about handmade things.
Here's the pic:

Sorry for the image quality. My camera is not fully on board with our relationship yet. I'm giving it new batteries and a nice place to hang out for valentine's day maybe that will help.

I wanted to congratulate the Deputy headmistress on finishing her NEWT- that's exciting! And those wee valentines are super cute!

I love the Nagini projects... I suppose that's to be expected from a Slythee such as myself!

Egads the Kappa pin-up reminds me of a bugs bunny cartoon for some reason- I think it's the lips! haha!

I love the Yarn, Maman. Good choice for chocolate!

OK, back to my SPEW project- these baby things aren't knitting themselves!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013 07:32:58 AM by Ant Bee - Reason: Spelling like I typed this in the Hog's Head after one too many! » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Eiseldora
« Reply #1235 on: February 13, 2013 06:01:22 PM »

Challenge: Bertie Beans's CHOCOLATE
House: Ravenclaw
Project Picture

I decided to make brownies for the holiday. I"m also working on making my own brownie mixes like the betty crocker variety.

Fake it Frugal recipie
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FreakieGeekie

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

« Reply #1236 on: February 13, 2013 07:18:33 PM »

Challenge: Flourish and Blotts
House: Slytherin
Idiom: "If had been a Basilisk I would be stone." A play on the Muggle phrase "if it had been a snake it would have bit me" meaning something you were searching for was close by the whole time you were searching for it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #1237 on: February 13, 2013 07:40:54 PM »

Hello Everyone!  I have updated, though I haven't made notes of comments because I am exhausted.  I LOVE and ADORE everyone's work! 

Advanced Studies from this point have been approved, with exception of CraftyLadyMJ.  CraftyLady, I have sent your OWL proposal to Examiner jennie for review because my mind needed help with the details.  Look for a PM from jennie. 

Further, Examiner jennie will be doing Approvals for OWLs & NEWTs while I recover so that no one has to wait on my reply (since I will not be on Craftster as often).  THANK YOU JENNIE! Kiss

jenleahlynn, I haven't given House Points for the projects with no pics.  I will go on a pic hunt when I'm feeling a bit better, but I would love you forever if you happen to post pics or links to pics.

Okay, back to bed.  Be back soon.  Thank you for all the well wishes! Kiss  If you have any urgent HPC business, please PM both your headmistresses, jennieingram and pinkleo.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013 07:46:28 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

« Reply #1238 on: February 13, 2013 08:01:47 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Bertie Botts Chocolate
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Fudge
Project Page Link (if available): -
Brief Description: Chocolate!  My husbands co-workers expect me to make them goodies all the time, so decided I'd whip up a quick batch of fudge for DH to take to work tomorrow.  I made half chopped andes mint and half valentines sprinkles.
Project Picture:

Microwave Fudge
1 pound powdered sugar (about 3 3/4 cups)
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup milk
1 stick butter
1 tsp vanilla
toppings of your choice

Line 9X9 pan with parchment or wax paper, put aside.  Sift sugar and cocoa together in glass bowl, add milk and butter on the top- no need to stir.  Put in microwave and cook for 2 minutes.  Get out and add vanilla, stir rapidly until mixed well.  Pour into prepared pan, and quickly sprinkle toppings.  Place in fridge and allow to set up one hour.  Cut into squares, keep covered in fridge.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jenleahlynn
« Reply #1239 on: February 14, 2013 05:31:25 AM »

pinkleo- i was able to add the pictures for my horcrux assignment, sorry about that. i hope you are feeling better soon.

patty_o_furniture- the fudge looks yummy, i've had bad luck in the past with fudge, but i'm going to give this a try.

herbology owl update: i've also been working on a portrait of my grandmother and her plants. i've sketched out the idea...

creating a face in colored pencil wasn't too tough, but making it look specifically like her is, so i'm doing some studies of her face, i was surpised to see that i had inherited her nose.  the paper i'm using isn't holding up to the layers of watercolors it takes to get the detail i want, so i went shopping for something better, and a little larger size.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013 06:16:16 AM by jenleahlynn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenleahlynn

harry potter craft along- winter semester
2013-art journal along
journal prompt swap
shop the swap winter
breaking dawn swap
ongoing atc swap
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 148 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Hiroshi
How to Draw Hinata Hyuga
Behind The Scenes: IDW Comic-Con Exclusives
How to Draw Frankenstein Doctor
How to Draw Final Fantasy Characters
Latest Blog Articles
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls
Meatless Monday: Texas Pecan Pesto

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...