A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,507
Currently Running With Scissors:
367 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 148
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 188405 times)
Tags for this thread: alchemy , harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #120 on: December 05, 2012 07:52:04 AM »

@Kit: mmmmm... looks yummy!

@pattyo: Wondrous Geminio Spellwork!  This is jennie's challenge so I know she'll be honored you chose to Geminio her fab work. Grin

@AbbeeIce Tie-Dye you say....must look into this potion.  And what fab presents!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #121 on: December 05, 2012 07:55:07 AM »

~*Congratulations Kit the Brave!*~
~*You are the first to earn the Flying Badge!*~

To claim your badge, right click and save to your computer.  Then, you can do whatever you wish with it.  Ideas on how to show-off your badges: use it as an avatar, put it in your profile under Brief Bio, or create a pinterest board for all your badges. 

*Once revealed, a class badge can be found in the Badge Station.*

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

« Reply #122 on: December 05, 2012 08:23:13 AM »

@Abbee Ice Tie-Dye you say....must look into this potion.  And what fab presents!

Here's some links for more info! Super easy and super fun!

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=414552.0

http://carolreatondesigns.blogspot.com/2012/02/fabric-dye-ice-cubes-awesome.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Naantje
« Reply #123 on: December 05, 2012 10:10:35 AM »

@Naantje: ♥ ♥ your Tardis!  And ~*As per my owl, your new OWL is Approved*~  Best of luck on your scarf knitting; I do know know that is a difficult charm to master.

Aw Smiley This is why I love the craftalong, generally I get more replies here than in my topics. (Which I totally get, I'm not really quick to post in other people's project topics either, though I generally like the stuff that is made!)

Also, as per your owl, here is a progress pic of my OWL project. You'll see a small mistake in the seventh rib from the left, under the black stripe. I knit three stitches where I should have purled and vice versa, so there's a noticeable error on both sides of the scarf. Still, you have to look closely to notice, I don't really mind. It's 20 cm long right now. Aiming for about 180cm, as I read that scarves should be about as long as the wearer is tall and my boyfriend is between 175-180cm tall. I've got my work cut out for me, that's for sure!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #124 on: December 05, 2012 10:23:12 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Gemini Challenge
House:Gryffindor
Project Name: Sun Baby twins
Brief Description: I had a request to make a tutorial on how to make the baby Sun God on the naturalkidsteam blog, so I make another one to take step-by-step pictures. They are really easy and fun to make, so I made another one to give to a friend.
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
Melissaurus
« Reply #125 on: December 05, 2012 11:14:22 AM »

Aw, thanks everyone for you love of my penguins. Tongue They love you back.

I have an update planned for my OWL tonight (mostly as a kick in the pants for me to get some planning done) I'm working on another project at the moment, too, so I should be able to balance the two. I hope. C: I'm bribing myself with some LUSH at the moment, so once I finish both of these, I can buy myself the body wash I want. Tongue

Whistlefish - first off, I love your username. Second, I would absolutely die if I saw a penguin christmas tree. It will definitely be put on the future list (pretty sure once we move out of the parents house, there will be an official penguin-themed christmas tree, whether I want it or not. Or at least a VERY large quantity of penguin ornaments).

Abee - Ice cube tie dyeing?! Wowie. I LOVE how that looks...

Maman - your little sun children are adorable. I still have the peg people you made me up on my altar - they don't seem to want to go away, even though I keep telling them they have to wait to get back together until Beltane. They refuse. So they stay up and cheer me every morning when I wake up! Smiley

Patty O - I love the bracelet. Charm bracelets just beg to be jingled and tossed around - which I why I probably break all of mine. I start shedding charms all over the place.

Kit the brave - That bento looks FABULOUS and yummy. Bonus points for the fun little fact at the end, too. I love facts like that - so neat to hear and get the history behind them! I love the creativity in this group - I would have never thought of a vitamin A packed lunch for helping someone see! Tongue

THIS ROCKS   Logged

pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #126 on: December 05, 2012 12:47:02 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Geminio
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Ornaments for Everyone
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: Ornaments are so fun to make so we decided to craft some together and give them as Christmas gifts this year. The little kids drew images on 12 circles of fabric and I stitched them to a Christmas-y fabric (the same fabric, so they are identical on the back!). We also made 4 partridges out of wool felt and some vintage fabric as well as these cute Gingermen- or women!- from an old blanket. I have learned I will never master the Geminio spell because, as hard as I try, I cannot duplicate anything exactly. Even my actual twins are fraternal  Cheesy.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2012 12:50:09 PM by pottermouth » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #127 on: December 05, 2012 01:06:06 PM »

Maman, your Sun Babies are so cute.
Kit, the bento looks tasty! I'm apparating to your place for lunch.
patty_o, smashing bracelet! Mrs. Claus would so wear that. How did I miss jennie's?!
Abbee, I thought I knew hippie pretty well, but apparently not enough to know about ice tie-dying. I've lost hippie points!
and Naantje, the only person that will scrutinize your knitting will be you. Men usually have trouble finding the ketchup in the fridge- I doubt they will notice a tiny knitting mistake.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WhistleFish
« Reply #128 on: December 05, 2012 03:42:22 PM »

@Abbeeroad: Awesome shirts! And thanks for sharing that link...I didn't know you could do that. I'd find it hard to wait the 24 hours for it to set. Haha.

@Naantje: You're off to a great start with your OWL. And what a handy fact about scarf lengths, I'm making a scarf right now for one of my projects and now I'll know how long to make it since it's a gift. And I squinted...as a non-knitter, I can't see any mistakes!

@Mamantattoo: Cute sunbabies!

@Pottermouth: I love the hand-drawn ornaments! What a great way to keep some of the kids Christmas artwork! I'm going to pin this for when Luna is older.

As for me, I may or may not have a project to share this evening. Depends on how quickly things dry. (Isn't that always the case?) I may have to work in some crocheting on this rainy cold day. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Melissaurus
« Reply #129 on: December 05, 2012 04:59:25 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Flying
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: The ultimate (fantasy) map of the wondrous world of Arcana.
Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=417574.0
Brief Description: Oh man, here's a doozy of a project I managed to finish today! I started this project a few months ago, but it sat, ignored and lonely, in my nook for MONTHS, until I took it out to finish it. I plan on writing a whole series of novels based on this world (which is loosely based off of tarot cards - cups, pentacles, rods and swords). All in all, I'd say about 10 hours were put in to this puppy (those darn forests!!) It's a monstrous map (about 3 feet wide) and would certainly help you see (and understand) your surroundings in this fantastical world.

Check out the project page if you're interested in learning about the whole place. I'd love to hear what you guys think of the whole thing!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 148 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Hemp Necklace with Felted Balls
How to Make a Ring Around The Felts Bracelet
Sustainable Rings Made from Old Gold Jewelry
How to Make Polymer Clay Beads
How to Make Beaded Watch Bands
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...