A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,613
Currently Running With Scissors:
802 Guests and 39 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 148
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 179893 times)
Tags for this thread: alchemy , harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ErinAquaheart
« Reply #1090 on: February 04, 2013 08:01:23 PM »

NONONO!!! The semester can't be over yet!!!! There are still so many things I want to finish!!!! LOL.... Anyway....freakout over....

Adore the bag, Pottermouth!

And some finished assignments:

Class: History of Magic
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Fire and Ice, Sugar and Spice Cookies
Project Description: I decided to interpret this class with a yummy fun edible goodie! What better way to enjoy the burning and cooling sensations than with gingerbread and sugar cookies!  I have been itching to do some baking since I didn't really have the chance to do it during the holidays...the shame  Embarrassed ... I love these cookies. Extra yummy and extra spicy. (I love to really spice up the gingerbread!  Wink)  I decorated them with white, pink, and purple icing, and some white nonpareils that I've been hanging onto.
Sugar Cookies

Gingerbread Cookies

Class/Challenge: Horcrux Hunting---Gaunt's Ring
Project Name: Snitch Earrings
Project Description: I found these gold bell hanging out in my stash. I don't even remember when I got them or for what, but when I picked them up I realized that they really were!!! I had found a cache of golden snitch. And with a little spellcasting I got them to open into the perfect little earrings!!!!  Cheesy

Class/Challenge: Horcrux Hunting---Rowena Ravenclaw's Diadem!
Project Name: Cupcake Fascinator Headband
Project Description: I love making headbands into fashion pieces that will make people talk when I leave the room...this one isn't that over the top but, I think, would still be a conversation starter at least! I used felt, beads, and an embroidery spell to bring together my cupcake.

Class/Challenge: February Detention with Lockehart
Project Name: Conversation Heart Bracelet and Earrings
Project Description: I have had these cloisonne beads hanging around forever!!! I am talking several years. I got them because I thought they were so pretty but then I could never think of a project that didn't make them look like something my grandmother would wear. And believe me that is a BAD thing! My first semester here though has got me looking at everything differently so it didn't take me long to get this cute idea! Just in time for Valentine's day too!  Kiss

THIS ROCKS   Logged
CraftyLadyMJ

A crafting I'll go...

View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: February 04, 2013 08:46:48 PM »

@pottermouth: cool 3D glasses and red chuck.
@Eiseldora: I like your idea for the scarf, 2in1 looks great.
@Indigo_roses: Your socks look so warm and comfy. It reminds me I need to get back to a WIP I have sitting in my purse still.
@sammylouise40: Welcome  to Hufflepuff!
@pinkleo: I love the bookmark, how did you make the hearts? I could use a heart are too for a Valentine gift I have in mind.
@Supermutts: Cool, bag and great way to use up your scraps.

OWL update: This evening I got home and started on the blanket again. I also realize it is going to take one more day to finish joinging the squares, but it's okay. So close to finishing now Smiley 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Summer HPC 2013
No more cellphone headaches!
sammylouise40
Polymer Clayaholic

Nerdy Crafter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1092 on: February 04, 2013 08:50:41 PM »

Pottermouth, I love that bag. Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swapping altered puzzle pieces. PM me if interested in swapping.

My Pinterest!
tiamatfire
« Reply #1093 on: February 04, 2013 09:10:42 PM »

Ehrmagerd!  So much Doctor Who love in the last while!  Also I think I forgot to bow humbly in face of that ridiculously awesome castle.  I immediately showed my husband and told him he had to paint our daughter one too (never mind she's not a year yet).

Also to the afghans, delicious cookies, cupcake headband, and so much more!  WOW!

Now my teeny contribution (literally!)

Class: Potions
House: Gryffindor
Name: Mochimochi elephany, aka "Carson"

I borrowed "Teeny-tiny Mochimochi" from the library tonight, and immediately was so attached I told my husband I'd be buying it once I had spare money!  He had a Chapters gift card left from Christmas though, and bought it for my Kobo (my Christmas present from him)!  I had to make something right away, and will continue to make more of these (since I only got into two stripe colours, so I think I'll need to make two more to get through all of them) and other mochimochis so I can fill my cubicle when I go back to work!

For fun, that's a victory nickel for scale.  They were minted from 1943-45 in Canada, and morse code around the edge says "We win when we work willingly".  We aren't coin collectors, we just happened to get it in our change one day!  They're not particularly valuable though, except for their history.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do love knitting patterns!" - Albus Dumbledore

Harry Potter Craftalong: Spring Semester!
FreakieGeekie
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1094 on: February 05, 2013 01:30:27 AM »

Class: Muggle Studies
Project Name: Assassin's Creed fangirl hoodie
Brief Description: For Muggle Studies I decided to play some videogames to see what the big deal is. I am now addicted to the Assassin's Creed series and I am especially in love with the costumes. I drew this up and I plan on eventually making it in either one of the darker colors available in game or  La Volpe's colors. I know the white is iconic but I can't keep white clean, even with cleaning charms.

The text that was cut off a bit says add embroidery work for embellishment.

I drew myself wearing my hoodie, making a Leap of Faith.(I just finished it up today: had to find my Prismacolors.)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013 04:03:07 PM by FreakieGeekie - Reason: added pic » THIS ROCKS   Logged

noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1095 on: February 05, 2013 03:45:03 AM »

last night I dug out a ball of yarn that has been in my stash for 4 years(!) to start detention with - it was a secret santa gift from someone who didn't know I didn't knit. Thanks headmistress for making me think about how to us it!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

« Reply #1096 on: February 05, 2013 07:47:51 AM »

noodle-bug - I LOVE the cowl for your MIL and the dino bunting!!

ErinAquaheart - Love your necklace for the Locket Horcrux. The three charms go together nicely.

Yay new Bertie Botts Challenge. Maybe I'll do this one? Now that my mini art quilt is done (yay), maybe I'll have more time for smaller crafts. Though now I'm itching to start Maman's OAHPT!!

pinkleo - BEAUTIFUL afghan!! Just love. And the bookmark is AWESOME! I love it!

pottermouth - Awesome Tardis bag!!!! I really need to give the Dr another try.

indigo_roses - I love the socks! Even though you seem to think the color resembles "clown barf." lol. I think those socks would be well loved by Dumbledore and would go perfect with the scarf of sexual preference (AVPM, anyone?).

sammylouise40 - Welcome to Hogwarts! Awesome group of projects!! I love the mini book!

Supermutts - I'm not familiar with Falling Skies, but your bag looks awesome and very well made!

tiamatfire - super cute mochimochis!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #1097 on: February 05, 2013 10:40:16 AM »

@pinkleo: I love the bookmark, how did you make the hearts? I could use a heart are too for a Valentine gift I have in mind.
The hearts are crochet (the pattern link is in the post & project link).  It is simpler than it looks; you should give it a go.  And your OWL is coming along nicely!  I'm envious that you are near the end of joining; I still have that to do for my NEWT. (I'm not a fan of joining Tongue)

NONONO!!! The semester can't be over yet!!!! There are still so many things I want to finish!!!! LOL.... Anyway....freakout over....
Cheesy Grin There is still plenty of time left in the month, just we professor have to start our research for next semester's classes.  And YUM!!!  Those cookies look divine!  Adore your Hunt items.  And cute V-day Bracelet!

@FreakieGeekie: Fab Muggle Studies drawing...would love to see this project for Muggle Studies

@pottermouth: Fantastic Who Bag!

@sammylouise: You are on a Crafty Streak! Grin

@Supermutts: How exciting!  (I can't wait until March; it's when I'm going!)  Great bag; love the patch!  (I'm a fan of Falling Skies Cool)

@tia: Way to master the Shrinking Potion!  It so TINY!  And so ADORABLE!!!  You make me want to collect these suckers! Grin

« Last Edit: February 05, 2013 04:24:32 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

ErinAquaheart
« Reply #1098 on: February 05, 2013 03:10:17 PM »

@tiamatfire: Super cute! I think I might have had a little fit over it...  Cheesy I totally want lots of those!     ***wonder if my library has that book***

@freakiegeekie: I haven't played assassin's creed but the hoodie is awesome! Can't wait to see a finished one.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #1099 on: February 05, 2013 04:26:49 PM »

Congratulations and thanks to indigo_roses, our newest professor!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 148 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Neil Cross Talks About Natural History
Adriana Trigiani Talks About Very Valentine
Mary Elizabeth Williams Talks About Gimme Shelter
Tricks Book Trailer
Judith Curr Talks About Microsoft Tag
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...