A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 298,764
Currently Running With Scissors:
548 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 148
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 201065 times)
Tags for this thread: alchemy , harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1080 on: February 04, 2013 01:48:25 PM »

OWL Subject & Option(if available): Transfiguration, option 1
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: C.W.
Brief Description: An item for the OAHPT swap.  Taking a large amount of supply to make one fabulous item.  Thinking to use: wood, metal, glass, fabric, parchment, colorants, and a whimsical secret ingredient and bring them together to form a single fantastical wizarding novelty piece.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #1081 on: February 04, 2013 03:09:53 PM »

WOOT! I'm back Grin....pulling out my Magic Quill and sipping much needed coconut mocha coffee....

@Eiseldora: Love how those scarves work together!  And fab Hunt piece!  That blankie looks cozy and perfect for swaddling. Grin

@FreakieGeekie: I can't wait to see finished Snape!

@indigo_roses: SOCKS!!!!  I get so excited when I see socks, and adore your description...fabulous Hunt item! Cool

@jennie: ~*Secret Awesome OWL Approved*~ Cool

@noodle-bug: awwww... What a nice surprise...and your dino bunting is so cute!

@pattyO: How could one not LOVE that Hogwarts dollhouse!  and...~*Secret Awesome OWL Approved*~ Cool

@sammylouise40: Welcome to Hogwarts!  I know the Badgers Den is bouncing with excitement to have you join their ranks.  And WOWZERS!  You really dove into the HPC; WAY TO GO! Grin  I adore all your pieces!  (psst...it is hard to get the hang of all the going-ons here at the HPC, never hesitate in asking questions through PMs to the Headmistresses or here in the thread...our students are quite helpful.  FYI: Past Bean Challenges end once a new bean is posted (meaning no house points), but because you are new to Hogwarts, I used my time turner to add it to your completed assignments. Cool)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

indigo_roses
« Reply #1082 on: February 04, 2013 03:42:33 PM »

Okay so I am definitely going to finish Snape soon. Tonight, hopefully.
Earlier he fell off my dresser and hit me on my head. I took it as a sign that he wants to be finished.

Snape is not one who likes to be kept waiting!

I can't wait to see all of these super secret awesome OWL projects! Stupid apartment needing heat not letting me participate.  Undecided Oh well, I can fake join and craft myself something awesome from my stash. Smiley Maybe I'll make a hoopla... *wanders off, looking like a brunette Luna*

Wait, not yet, I'm back! I told myself that I would exercise and then reward myself by working on my OWL! Hoop, you can come after my current WIPs! It must be the nargles, they want me to START ALL THE PROJECTS! Hence my stash of wips that I'm trying to downsize this year. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #1083 on: February 04, 2013 03:46:19 PM »

~*An Owl from Headmistress pinkleo*~

Dear Students and Staff,

Can you believe that January has come and gone?  I certainly cannot!  With February here, it is time to begin planning for the Spring Semester.

~*SPRING HPC STAFF*~
It takes many hands to make the HPC fab.  And the more helpers we have, the more fantastic things we can do. so...

Current Winter Semester Staff, now is the time to ponder if you will hold your position(s), explore other HPC position(s), or decide to spend a semester as a student.  Staff only sign up for a semester at a time, but you do carry tenure and get first dibs on your position and other HPC openings.  I will be sending owls to see your interest for Spring, but you can PM me anytime with your answer.

Those Searching for a Spring Staff Position, there are many openings at the HPC.  The headmistresses would love each class to have a professor, each house to have a Head of House and Prefect, and help anywhere you feel inspired to make the HPC great.  Staff positions can be as involved as you wish.  A few positions ideas: Prefect, Head Girl, Badge Baroness, Class Professor, House Quidditch, and Great Hall Welcome Witch/Wizard.  PM me if you are interested.  You can pitch a position not listed; I am very open to new ideas for HPC!

~*CLASS PROMPT IDEAS*~
While it is true Class Professors get first go at their class prompts, we here at the HPC are ALWAYS looking for new ideas.  Think you have a fab class prompt; send it to me.  No idea goes to waste!  We use them to inspire classes and challenges.

~*WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE IN THE SPRING*~
Have an idea or suggestion that you think would make the HPC even better?  Send it to me.  I am always open to new ideas and adjusting current activities to make them better.

Even though there is still time left in the Winter Semester, I am already getting excited for the Spring!  Alrighty, I've casted an Engorgio spell upon my Owl Post Box so get those owls flying in.

Blessed Be, pinkleo
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013 03:51:32 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Supermutts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1084 on: February 04, 2013 04:49:35 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: February Challenge: Detention De-stash Dash!
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: 2nd Mass satchel (From the awesome TV show Falling Skies!)
Project Page Link (if available): None
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques/recipe used, any fun tips, etc.)
I am  going to Universal Studios in Florida next week as a belated honeymoon to see Harry Potter World for the first time ever (So excited!!!!!!!!!) and I need a small bag/purse to take with me to carry around the park.  The bag is made out of leftover scraps in my fabric stash since it wasn't a project I had planned on making. The main brown fabric is 5 months old scraps from a Jedi robe I made for a cousins Halloween costume. The fabric lining is a fat quarter I bought years ago but has been sitting in my stash untouched ever since.

The awesome 2nd Mass Patch was not made by me, that was a Christmas gift from fellow craftster Graverobbergirl that I have been looking for an excuse to use.

Supplies:

Lining:

Now I just have to survive the rest of the week of work without dying of excitement!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty." -Captain Mal
indigo_roses
« Reply #1085 on: February 04, 2013 05:04:18 PM »

supermutts - 1) I'm insanely jealous!!! 2) lovely bag! I adore the fat quarter you used. I have a problem with FQs. I go over to the fabric half of JoAnn's and go oooooh, pretty! I then will buy a FQ or 2, and then they go into my fabric box and sit. I should dig those out and do some detention!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
sammylouise40
Polymer Clayaholic

Nerdy Crafter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1086 on: February 04, 2013 05:42:45 PM »

Thanks Headmistress. Smiley Here are some more projects I made today.
Class/Challenge/House Pride: January Detention
Project Name: Resin Lollipop
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques/recipe used, any fun tips, etc.) For Christmas I had gotten some resin and to test it out I made this lollipop but I never got around to painting it. This challenge gave me the kick in the pants I needed to finally paint this. This is my first attempt at painting on resin so sorry if it looks a little sloppy. Resin is not easy to paint on.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Horcrux Hunt: Marvolos Ring
Project Name: Golden Snitch
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques/recipe used, any fun tips, etc.) I made the snitch that the ring was hidden in. I made it using a Styrofoam ball, fabric, and wire. I put a hanger on it too so it can fly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swapping altered puzzle pieces. PM me if interested in swapping.

My Pinterest!
pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1087 on: February 04, 2013 06:10:21 PM »

Supermutts, I am right behind you with my destash bag. How funny! (GREAT bag, btw.) pinkleo, thanks for the pattern link to the heartwarming bookmark. sammyl., love your 3d glasses!!

Challenge: February Detention Destash Dash!
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: VWORP VWORP Bag
Project Page Link (if available): Bags the Modern Classics Book
Brief Description: Pretty sure everyone here has seen some incarnation of the spacey fabric in several of my posts, whether it is the black, blue, or light blue version. I bought several yards of each colour about a year ago and have used it for everything. So why not a Doctor Who bag? The TARDIS images were printed out and ironed on (looks like I'm going to sew around the one on the front) and the fabric on the side was purchased for the Back To Hogwarts Swap. Tiny bit of destashing done!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eiseldora
« Reply #1088 on: February 04, 2013 06:29:28 PM »

Pottermouth my best friend would love your bag.

I stenciled a tardis on a blue cardigan for her, and it was her favorite thing to wear!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #1089 on: February 04, 2013 07:55:04 PM »

great tardis bag - the fabric even has a bit of a 'starry night' feel to it so it's got a bit of vincent in there too Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 148 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Miss Universe Preliminary Evening Gown Recap
Who Wore The Givenchy Leather Skirt Best: Kim Kardashian or Kanye West?
Who Wore It Best: Jennifer Lawrence or Lara Stone In Red Calvin Klein
Reveal of the Santa Claus Makeover
4 Different Ways To Wear Leather Pants
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...