A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News:  Vote for your favorite Bottle It Up project now! Smiley
Total Members: 302,482
Currently Running With Scissors:
632 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 148
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 220187 times)
Tags for this thread: alchemy , harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

CraftyLadyMJ

A crafting I'll go...

View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: February 03, 2013 11:54:13 PM »

Quick update on my owl before I turn in for the night.
Im almost finished with my owl, all the squares are done and I have started joining them. Tomorrow I should be done with this part and then I will prep the fabric for sewing. Sorry no pic this time. Goodnight everyone.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Summer HPC 2013
No more cellphone headaches!
FreakieGeekie
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1071 on: February 04, 2013 12:35:33 AM »

@FreakieGeekie: Beautiful rose clip and earrings! Good idea to use marbles!

I went a bit Gollum on a woman at work today. She saw my clip and asked if she could buy it and before I could stop myself I said "NO! MINE!" in a Gollum-like voice! XD
I couldn't help it though: most of the stuff I make is for other people.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1072 on: February 04, 2013 06:06:00 AM »

most of the stuff I make is for other people.
I'm the same - I have so many ideas for stuff I want to make myself but they always get put on the back burner while I craft for people's birthdays / anniversary / whatever else. I've promised myself that this year I will make more effort to make myself things too Smiley

Challenge: January Detention
House: Ravenclaw
Project:
So, a couple of moths ago, in the green room at work, one of the daymen was on his ipad on  amazon and I teased him saying how sweet it was to be buying me presents and not to forget I love dinosaurs... and then a few days later an amazon parcel arrives full of these dinosaur toys! How sweet is that, right?
Anyway, I knew instantly that I wanted to turn them into bunting to go in my window... so I put eye hooks in there backs and fully intended to measure my window that night and string them up.
which intention I ignored until last night, of course.
So, my original plan was a horizontal bunting, but I realised that then the dinos would hang too high up to see them properly, so I opted instead for two vertical strips
sorry this is such a terrible photo, I don't know how else to shoot it with the light all streaming in from behind Sad

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1073 on: February 04, 2013 06:26:41 AM »

Dear fellow OWL Examiner, be on the look out for future PMs asking for OWL Advice. Cool

Noted!

@noodle-bug: I love the dino bunting!  What an unusual project!  Cheesy
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013 06:27:28 AM by jennieingram » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1074 on: February 04, 2013 07:04:57 AM »

OWL Proposal
OWL Subject: Alchemy, Option 2
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Secret OAHPT!
Brief Description: The details of this OWL Project are being kept secret to maintain the surprise for FiberAlchemist.  I actually thought I had posted this last Wednesday, and have already begun working on it since then, thinking that my proposal was up.  (I only realized this morning that I never saw an "OWL Approved!" message from dear pinkleo.)  I don't know what happened really.  I had the tab open, with my proposal in it all that morning, typing bits and pieces as the idea came together, and later hit "post".  Oh well, water under the bridge, moving on and all that.  I do have a separate project in mind for each of the 4 natural elements, that all come together to form a cohesive whole.

Earth:  A ________ and _________ _______, made from the rare and beautiful _______ _______ and _________ ________ _______, accented with a _________ _______ _______ will represent Earth.

Air:  A fun and hopefully very unexpected project.  I will be using a ________ _________ ___________ to create a Ladie's __________ _________ in __________ _________ ____________, complete with ______________ __________ and _________ to represent the noble ___________, in honor or Ravenclaw House.

Fire: A project that warms the soul.  I will be combining ___________ and __________ to create a custom _____________ ___________ for FiberAlchemist to enjoy while at home.

Water: The true inspiration for the previous elements/components.  Tiny handcrafted _________ __________ in a happy shade of ____________ ____________, to wear while out at dear FiberAlchemist's favorite haunt, __________ ___________'s ___________ ___________.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013 07:19:43 AM by jennieingram » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
ErinAquaheart
« Reply #1075 on: February 04, 2013 07:16:13 AM »

@noodle-bug: That's a cool use of toys!!! LOVE IT!  Kiss Makes me look at some of the stuff I have collected in a different light..... may see similar projects from me in the future...  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #1076 on: February 04, 2013 07:42:26 AM »

thanks guys - I saw the idea somewhere, except they had spray painted the toys in bright colours first. I thought about that, but my toys aren't such good shapes and don't have so much detailed texturing, I thought that if I spray painted them you wouldn't be able to tell what they are anymore
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

« Reply #1077 on: February 04, 2013 09:45:53 AM »

Birthday party was last night!  She LOVED it!  She literally did not eat any cake because she wanted to go back and play some more with it.  Yes, she does want to paint some herself LOL.  She already told me where she is going to paint the house crest and what some other characters she's going to paint herself are.  The cousins gathered around and played all night, was so awesome to see.  A crafty sister in law shook her head and says "You make us look bad."  Brother in law has decided that he is making himself a set of pegs.  So it went really well.  Found her this morning brushing her teeth before school still playing with it in her room, so I can safely say she loves it.

Thanks for the challenges head mistresses, so I could get my behind in gear and finish this!

castle link page: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=419866.msg4974846#msg4974846
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #1078 on: February 04, 2013 12:42:41 PM »

Popping in to post a quick project, be back with comments and updating later today.
Hoping everyone is having a happy Monday!

Horcrux Hunt: Harry Potter
House: Gryffindor
House Challenge: Love is in the Air
Project Name: Seven Hearts Bookmark
Brief Description: To represent Lily Potter, I crocheted up this Seven Hearts Bookmark.  The hearts represent her pure sacrifice to save Harry and the protection of love that she bestowed upon him.  The seven hearts also represent the seven wondrous HP books....and I must admit, I was also inspired by Abbee's House Challenge.

Project Pictures:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

FreakieGeekie

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1079 on: February 04, 2013 01:20:55 PM »

Okay so I am definitely going to finish Snape soon. Tonight, hopefully.
Earlier he fell off my dresser and hit me on my head. I took it as a sign that he wants to be finished.
I have a project that I was working on for Muggle Studies but I've been working on it longer than Snape! It's a crochet project that was going to be an OWL but has become more like a NEWT because I've had to pull out stitches several times.
When I finish Snape, I'll post up the NEWT proposal for it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 148 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make an Italian Beef Sandwich
How to Make Sauteed Peppers and Onions
Cornbread and Pinto Beans Recipe
Cabernet Steak Sauce Recipe
Grilled Cabernet Tenderloin Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Coffee Mug Cozy
March 25, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: How to Make 110 Prayer Flags

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...