A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,582
Currently Running With Scissors:
681 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: $4 Fridge Revamp! Seriously.  (Read 4613 times)
Tags for this thread: refrigerator , revamp  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TheMistressT
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2012 11:50:38 AM »

Goof-off is more toxic and does need ventilation.  Goo-gone is a liquid and made of citrus.  It is smart to test it on a small spot, but so far, I have used it on glass, furniture, shoes, hair, plastic and even clothing with no issues.

I do not like the smudges on stainless either...plus it feels so industrial to me...the paper seems to be a bit "duller"  my sister did hers and it looked great.

I do like the funky dorm vibe...and it was fun reading all the old stickers...what an interesting family who owned your home previously! Cheesy

Ah, well that's good to know! 

That's be great if the paper worked out better than the real deal!

I actually feel good about having taken them one at a time with the razor; I felt like I got to give the history it's due attention before destroying it. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2012 12:00:06 PM »

I hope they took pictures...I am struggling because I want to paint a door in the family room that was next to a telephone...the family used the door to write down telephone numbers of family and friends...many of the numbers have letter exchanges or just 4 numbers!  It is history, but the door needs painting... Sad

That and a cowboy belt holder in the masterbedroom closet...and the hidden safe under the old wooden floors...

I can't wait to see what else you do to your old house!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheMistressT

There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2012 01:30:49 PM »

I hope they took pictures...I am struggling because I want to paint a door in the family room that was next to a telephone...the family used the door to write down telephone numbers of family and friends...many of the numbers have letter exchanges or just 4 numbers!  It is history, but the door needs painting... Sad

That and a cowboy belt holder in the masterbedroom closet...and the hidden safe under the old wooden floors...

I can't wait to see what else you do to your old house!

Oh, man!  That would be a hard thing to paint over, I agree.  I might rather get a new door and use the old one to make a head board or table or something to keep it "pristine."  However, that's costly. Wink

Keep the safe!

So funny as this house is WAY newer (1976) than our last (1911).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SillySlippers
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2012 05:56:23 PM »

I love the woodgrain fridge! Never thought I'd say this out loud but I dig Goo Gone.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like I Know What I'm Doing
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2012 08:35:10 AM »

*snorted coffee from my nose* Cheesy

Most people would not understand...our relationship to crafting supplies and tools is probably off the charts for most people...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shesirrelevant
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2012 10:24:24 AM »

I never would have thought to do this, or expected it to turn out so well. Great job! I'm definitely keeping this in mind for the future
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rockandscissors.ets y.com
LizzyEU
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2012 08:55:10 AM »

Swapping the door an option? A lot of re-used wood projects are in fact old doors. I reckon if you go to ebay, craigslist or whatever and pay attention to the sort of door you need, you can find one that will fit and you can use the old door elsewhere in the house, or make a table of it... Won't work so well if you're renting, in which case you could consult with your landlord first. It's possbile he or she will allow a door swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mugenarts
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2012 03:44:18 PM »

What a great idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LizzyEU
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2013 09:28:33 AM »

It seems like some people are selling essentially the same idea, only for 90 dollars:
http://www.applianceart.com/Wood_Grain_Top_Bottom_Refrigerator_Cover_Panel_p/10079-80.htm

Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheMistressT

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2013 09:34:57 AM »

It seems like some people are selling essentially the same idea, only for 90 dollars:
http://www.applianceart.com/Wood_Grain_Top_Bottom_Refrigerator_Cover_Panel_p/10079-80.htm

Shocked

Bahahahahaaaaa!  And, I think that I am not just tooting my own horn when I say that my version is WAY better looking.   Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jessica Stam Talks About Her Summer Style at the Coach Party
3 Cool Ways to Wear Printed Floral Jeans
Top 5 Swimsuit Trends for Summer 2012
Fashion Ideas for Wedding Guests
How to Style Trousers for a Night Out Like Hailee Steinfeld
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...