A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,568
Currently Running With Scissors:
545 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Harry Potter Ornaments - Floo Powder & Polyjuice Potion (with printable label!)  (Read 4418 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter , christmas , potion , printable , resin , christmas_ornament , printable_craft  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« on: November 25, 2012 08:25:01 AM »

(Image shamelessly stolen from patty_o_furniture.)

Both of these ornaments were created for patty_o_furniture & AugustBell in the Harry Potter Holiday Swap.  They were created with glass bottles I found while poking around at the craft store, waiting to be inspired.  The Floo Powder is filled with a mix of mostly black and some green glitter.  The words were put on with a black paint pen that works on glass.  Since the filling was (mostly) black too, I decided to add some highlight to the words with a silver scrapbooking gel pen to make them more legible.  The corks on both are glued in with E6000 (love that stuff!), and to give it a little extra sparkle, I added a pewter charm of a fire on the side.

The Polyjuice Potion ornament is a glass bottle filled with resin.  My initial idea had been to create Veritaserum bottles, but when I pulled out my resin, I found it had turned a bit yellow.  To hide the fact, I colored the resin with a mix of copper mineral makeup and a bit of gold Martha Stewart glitter.  The labels were created in Photoshop, and after trying and failing to attach them with Mod Podge, I finally gave in and used crystal clear "HD" packing tape.  They are finished with hemp twine, and a deep blue skull bead dangling from the side.  

And in case anyone wants to make one for themselves, here's the label!  Please feel free to use it to make ornaments for yourself and friends/family, but please do not use to create items you intend to sell.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012 02:51:50 PM by jennieingram » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

It does not due to dwell on lists and forget to craft.
Coma
Magic Finding-Lady

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012 01:09:36 PM »

Those are adorable!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AugustBell
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012 08:56:32 AM »

We put our tree up this weekend and the ornaments look awesome!!! The lights make the glitter sparkle  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Lizzie King Shows You How to Tie-Dye a Shirt
Young Artists Brighten Up New Orleans
NY Artist Martin Abrahams "Breaks on Through" With His Provacative Art Show
WIND SQUID #3 - Space Battle!
WIND SQUID #4 - Massive Explosion
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...