A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,712
Currently Running With Scissors:
447 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pendant Swap 4 Gallery  (Read 7214 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MsZombieElvis
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2012 11:58:36 AM »

Yesterday I received from MsZombieElvis.  I decided to scan since pics had too much glare from the awesome glossiness.
I cannot tell you how thrilled I am to have something that I can wear in public with their pics on it.  I have been a bad crafter and haven't made anything for myself memorializing them.  But to tell you the truth I would not have come up with such a creative option.  Thank you so much Clarissa!  Grin

Your welcome! I knew I had to do something with your babies on it for you and after a couple attempts at different media, this was my favorite.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Don't Panic"
MsZombieElvis
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2012 12:01:42 PM »

and WOW at the fused glass....those are gorgeous! what an amazing talent you have! Smiley

and <3 the "unique" butten pendant! so creative and turned out so awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Don't Panic"
MsZombieElvis
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2012 12:11:53 PM »

You really must share how you made those! Smiley
Twisted 18 (?) ga wire into a dragon wing shape (that was the hardest part!). Put down a layer of iridescent cellophane, than sprayed some glue on it, put the wire on it, and then another layer of the cellphane. Fused the two pieces of cellphane together with a warm iron, cut out the wing, and sealed the edges with an open flame (candle). Interesting enough, the wire was silver when I started the process and ended up kinda copper color....maybe the fusing took the silver coating off?
Credit to all the on line tutorials showing how to do it! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Don't Panic"
ThriftyLiving4U

Walking around with paint on my fingers

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2012 12:15:06 PM »

You really must share how you made those! Smiley
Twisted 18 (?) ga wire into a dragon wing shape (that was the hardest part!). Put down a layer of iridescent cellophane, than sprayed some glue on it, put the wire on it, and then another layer of the cellphane. Fused the two pieces of cellphane together with a warm iron, cut out the wing, and sealed the edges with an open flame (candle). Interesting enough, the wire was silver when I started the process and ended up kinda copper color....maybe the fusing took the silver coating off?
Credit to all the on line tutorials showing how to do it! Smiley
Thanks!  I love 'em. 
I must have been using the wrong search terms  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Would love to swap for art of my fur babies

My Pinterest
pjr107
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2012 12:45:51 PM »

LOL, Sorry, I should have identified my "craftster" name when mailing out...Dragon Wings are from me Smiley

OK, sorry about that, thank you MsZombieElvis!

and now I am really panicking that I packed everyones package right.  Hopefully, my drug induced state hasn't caused too much havoc with pairing pendant to person... if it did and I really messed it up, let me know and I'll make a new one Smiley

-PJ <--person who just about has no nails cause I chewed them out with worry!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MsZombieElvis
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2012 10:24:31 AM »

No worries! Keep those beautiful nails unchewed! I was psychotic about not sending the wrong pendant out to the wrong person! I must have quadruple checked! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Don't Panic"
Dr. Craft
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2012 03:34:37 PM »

Received these beautiful pendants from ThriftyLiving4U (top) and a pendant from MsZombieElvis (bottom) that makes me laugh every time I think about it. For those of you who haven't seen Princess Bride as often as I have, MsZombie's pendant is composed of the Dread Pirate Robert's (a.k.a. Wesley's) mask and the tiny bottle is filled with the poison used in what may well be Wallace Shawn's funniest scene ever. Hugely better than a R.O.U.S. pendant (another Princess Bride option).

Here they are:

THIS ROCKS   Logged
aheartofglass
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2012 06:56:44 PM »

Wow! Fantastic pendants all - Especially like the Princess Bride one! and the neat fused one Thrifty4U made!

Just so happens I received some pretty amazing wonderfulness today too!!!

First, from Sparks -  a little "whimsey" and a little "sparkly" - love these! The purple one will look great with a new sweater I just bought and the sparkly one with lots of other things!
Thank you Sparks!!!

Then - from the eclectic and creative - Dr Craft - I received 3! (Ahem dear Dr Craft... this was a "2" item swap! I feel guilty since I only made 2... but I'm keepin' all of these! lol)
Three very unique and beautiful pendants (with chains/ropes - sheesh! over-achiever!!!)
I *love* the little red 'heartofglass' on the one with the shells!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster keeps the whimsey in my life!
MsZombieElvis
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2012 11:13:18 PM »

So disturbed by the thought of a R.O.U.S. pendant (and yet also intrigued...pendant swap 5? Lol) Recieved from Dr. Craft two of the most beautiful pendants ever. Thank u so much, the stone in the pendant is so pretty I just keep staring at it, and the black one will go amazing with my vintage dresses! (Two! I feel the need to make another one and send it off to you....) 
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012 11:18:06 PM by MsZombieElvis » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Don't Panic"
gala_apples
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2012 03:01:43 PM »

Sparks, I love the purple one. It reminds me of tentacles, which is awesome.

Dr Craft, the big black one is a really interesting shape. And it looks like it has a interesting texture.

Aheartofglass the green one you made is my favorite of the gallery so far. It's just so INTERESTING.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not attached to your world, nothing heals, nothing grows... we used to love ourselves, we used to love one another.

life is no cabaret- we don't care what you say, we're inviting you anyway, you mf'ers, you'll sing someday!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Add a Photo to a Photoshop Template
How to Change a Photo
How to Change Magazine Template Title
How to Adjust Sports Photos
How to Use the Free Backdrop Overlay Template
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...