A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,567
Currently Running With Scissors:
503 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Making My Own Fourth Doctor Scarf  (Read 642 times)
Tags for this thread: doctor_who , dr_who , tv_show  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

AmyLynn98
« on: November 20, 2012 06:56:10 AM »

I have finally started a Doctor Who scarf for myself. It's about 3.5' long right now and about 7-8" wide. I actually had it about 1.5' long once before but it was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too wide for my liking. Plus, I was trying something to make it look a little more like a knitted garter stitch, by doing the single crochets so they alternated in the front and back loops.

Yeah, it looked bad.

I frogged it, rolled the yarn and started over. I'm MUCH happier with it now with just the standard single crochets. I'm also doing the color changes on the same sides, so this scarf will actually end up being slightly longer because I'm adding a row, if necessary to each color, to make the color changes uniform.

It's being made on a G sized hook.

Yarns included so far:
--1 skein of SignatuR Handknits, 8 Ply Pure Wool in color #630 for the camel (love this yarn's texture and thickness)
--1 skein of Plymouth Yarn Encore in color #6002 for more of the camel but I prefer the first camel yarn I had
--1 skein of SignatuR Handknits, 8 Ply Pure Wool in color #664 for the rust (love this yarn too but this is starting to look more like a scarlet color to me)
--1 skein of SignatuR Handknits, 8 Ply Pure Wool in color #645 for the green (see a trend here yet?)
--Almost 2 skeins of Trendsetter Yarns Marino VIII in color #335 for the purple (a very nice plum color)
--1 skein of Helio in color #3727 (I think, the label is in Dutch) for the bronze
--1 skein of Plymouth Yarn Encore in color #6002
--1 skein of Lion Brand Baby's First in color #157 (Honey Bee) for the yellow, but this was a stringy bulky weight yarn, so I'm actually separating it as I use it. (I like the label on this yarn. It has a ruler on both edges, in centimeters and inches, which makes for a convenient quick ruler.)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yay me! My zombie garden gnome was named a 2013 Featured Project: Home Sweet Home: Interiors & Exteriors! Thanks for voting for him!

Check out my posts on Geek Crafts or at amylynn98.blogspot.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Turning the Camera Around for the Ultimate Surprise Makeover
How To Get Long Lasting Lip Color
Top 5 Travel Beauty Hacks From Miss America
OMG with RJS Teaches You How to Pick a Fragrance
Brow Makeover With Kelley Baker: Get The J Lo Arch
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...