A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,171
Currently Running With Scissors:
520 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Monica Brown's crocheted crop cardigan  (Read 869 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

AmyLynn98
« on: November 20, 2012 06:53:30 AM »

As the name specifies, this is a short length, short sleeved cardigan. For my own, I made it longer in length but kept my sleeves about like Monica's.

I loved this pattern because it works up like the babies' and little kids' tunics I've made over the years. This keeps me from having to figure out a toddler's pattern like this on how to make it fit an adult. My math isn't that great. There would have been a lot of swearing involved if I had to wing a pattern on my own. Smiley

It also worked up super quick, because you're working from the top down, and then back and forth. The body and each sleeves are the only pieces to it, for a total of three pieces. And really, the sleeves aren't separate, they are just worked after the body is done. There's no sewing even, because you continue to work the same pattern from the body when you start the sleeves.

For mine, I used a G sized hook. This was a total stashbuster, too, which was a nice little perk, because I am not buying any more yarn on a whim anymore. I am only buying for each project and that's it.

I wonder how long my resolve for that will last.

Here is what I used up:
--2 skeins of Universal Yarns in Classic Shades in Rainforest (#715)--This looks so beautiful until you start getting into the inside of the skein. The yarn's variegated color starts taking on a muddy look to it that overwhelms the rest of the colors in the skein.
--1 skein of Premier Yarns Deborah Norville Collection in Royal Blue  (#ED-100-09)
--2 skeins of Plymouth Yarn Boku in color #7--This color actually matches the Rainforest pretty damn well. While the Rainforest was 70% acrylic and 30% wool, the Boku is 95% wool and 5% silk, which gives it such a unique feel. I really liked the Boku yarn.
Really shitty picture from my cell phone.
--Almost one entire pound of Lion Brand in Denim (the same stuff I used for the overalls on a minion I made)
--Almost one skein of some random other blue I had laying around in my stash. There wasn't a label on it, but I'm thinking it's probably a Red Heart yarn.

The two large purple buttons were scavenged from my stash from a pillow I bought a while back at the thrift store when I needed fiber fill.

The snaps came from the sweater that I turned into hats, which, BTW, I ended up sending up to NYC for the Sandy Craftalong. I decided I couldn't gift them to people I know when I wasn't really happy with them.

I am really happy with how this turned out! It's going to be especially warm, because of the yarn and how it overlaps in the front. I think this would be a good sweater for under my motorcycle jacket. I wouldn't need to zip in the lining then.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012 10:35:42 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yay me! My zombie garden gnome was named a 2013 Featured Project: Home Sweet Home: Interiors & Exteriors! Thanks for voting for him!

Check out my posts on Geek Crafts or at amylynn98.blogspot.com/
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012 02:29:00 PM »

I love it!  It looks very flattering and I love the mix of yarns you picked!

I love the pop of color on the hem...nice work--thanks for sharing your details!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014 110/150 ?
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
AmyLynn98
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012 05:50:52 PM »

Thanks! It's nice to have something for myself for a change. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yay me! My zombie garden gnome was named a 2013 Featured Project: Home Sweet Home: Interiors & Exteriors! Thanks for voting for him!

Check out my posts on Geek Crafts or at amylynn98.blogspot.com/
morus
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012 06:08:02 AM »

Your colors play well together and it looks like a good fit.  Ride safe!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Wrongful Death Book Trailer
J. Michael Lennon Exposes the Double Life of Norman Mailer
Jonathan Alter: What Are You Reading?
Unremarried Widow by Artis Henderson
Neal Shusterman: What Are You Reading?
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...