As the name specifies, this is a short length, short sleeved cardigan. For my own, I made it longer in length but kept my sleeves about like Monica's.
I loved this pattern because it works up like the babies' and little kids' tunics I've made over the years. This keeps me from having to figure out a toddler's pattern like this on how to make it fit an adult. My math isn't that great. There would have been a lot of swearing involved if I had to wing a pattern on my own.
It also worked up super quick, because you're working from the top down, and then back and forth. The body and each sleeves are the only pieces to it, for a total of three pieces. And really, the sleeves aren't separate, they are just worked after the body is done. There's no sewing even, because you continue to work the same pattern from the body when you start the sleeves.
For mine, I used a G sized hook. This was a total stashbuster, too, which was a nice little perk, because I am not buying any more yarn on a whim anymore. I am only buying for each project and that's it.
I wonder how long my resolve for that will last.
Here is what I used up:
--2 skeins of Universal Yarns in Classic Shades in Rainforest (#715)--This looks so beautiful until you start getting into the inside of the skein. The yarn's variegated color starts taking on a muddy look to it that overwhelms the rest of the colors in the skein.
--1 skein of Premier Yarns Deborah Norville Collection in Royal Blue (#ED-100-09)
--2 skeins of Plymouth Yarn Boku in color #7--This color actually matches the Rainforest pretty damn well. While the Rainforest was 70% acrylic and 30% wool, the Boku is 95% wool and 5% silk, which gives it such a unique feel. I really liked the Boku yarn.
Really shitty picture from my cell phone.
--Almost one entire pound of Lion Brand in Denim (the same stuff I used for the overalls on a minion I made)
--Almost one skein of some random other blue I had laying around in my stash. There wasn't a label on it, but I'm thinking it's probably a Red Heart yarn.
The two large purple buttons were scavenged from my stash from a pillow I bought a while back at the thrift store when I needed fiber fill.
The snaps came from the sweater that I turned into hats, which, BTW, I ended up sending up to NYC for the Sandy Craftalong. I decided I couldn't gift them to people I know when I wasn't really happy with them.
I am really happy with how this turned out! It's going to be especially warm, because of the yarn and how it overlaps in the front. I think this would be a good sweater for under my motorcycle jacket. I wouldn't need to zip in the lining then.